Words starting with chi
3 letter words starting with chi
- chi — the 22nd letter of the Greek alphabet (Χ, χ), a consonant, transliterated as ch or rarely kh
- chi meson — a meson with a mass 6687 times that of the electron and a mean lifetime of approximately 1.5 X 10 -20 seconds.
- chi particle — a meson with a mass 6687 times that of the electron and a mean lifetime of approximately 1.5 X 10 -20 seconds.
4 letter words starting with chi
- chia — a plant of the genus Salvia, indigenous to Mexico, with purple or blue flowers and edible seeds
- chib — to stab or slash with a sharp weapon
- chic — Something or someone that is chic is fashionable and sophisticated.
- chid — to express disapproval of; scold; reproach: The principal chided the children for their thoughtless pranks.
- chim — Alt form cheem.
5 letter words starting with chi
- chiai — a city on W Taiwan.
- chian — of or relating to Chios
- chiao — a Chinese monetary unit equal to one-tenth of a yuan
- chias — a plant, Salvia columbariae, of the mint family, native to the southwestern U.S. and Mexico, having mostly basal, oblong leaves and small blue flowers: the seeds are used as food and as the source of a beverage.
- chiba — an industrial city in central Japan, in SE Honshu on Tokyo Bay. Pop: 880 164 (2002 est)
6 letter words starting with chi
7 letter words starting with chi
- chi-rho — the Christian monogram ( ☧ ) made from the first two letters of the Greek word for Christ.
- chi-tse — 12th-century b.c., legendary Chinese founder of Korea.
- chianti — a mountain range in central Italy, in Tuscany, rising over 870 m (2900 ft): part of the Apennines
- chiapas — a state of S Mexico: mountainous and forested; Maya ruins in the northeast; rich mineral resources. Capital: Tuxtla Gutiérrez. Pop: 3 920 515 (2000). Area: 73 887 sq km (28 816 sq miles)
- chiasma — the cross-shaped connection produced by the crossing over of pairing chromosomes during meiosis
8 letter words starting with chi
- chianina — one of a large breed of beef cattle, originally of Italy, used also as a draft animal.
- chiantis — Plural form of chianti.
- chiasmas — Plural form of chiasma.
- chiasmic — Anatomy. a crossing or decussation, as that of the optic nerves at the base of the brain.
- chiasmus — reversal of the order of words in the second of two parallel phrases
9 letter words starting with chi
- chiacking — to jeer at; tease; deride.
- chiamussu — Jiamusi.
- chiaochou — a former German-leased territory (1898–1914) on the Shandong peninsula, in E China, around Jiaozhou Bay. 200 sq. mi. (518 sq. km). Chief city, Tsingtao.
- chiarezza — clarity
- chiasmata — Anatomy. a crossing or decussation, as that of the optic nerves at the base of the brain.
10 letter words starting with chi
- chi-square — an inferential statistic common in survey research
- chiangling — a city in S Hubei province, in central China, on the Chang Jiang.
- chiasmatic — relating to the intersection of the optic nerve fibres at the bottom of the brain
- chicanismo — pride in one's heritage as a Mexican-American.
- chicharron — (in Mexican cooking) a piece of fried pork crackling.
11 letter words starting with chi
- chiaroscuro — Chiaroscuro is the use of light and shade in a picture, or the effect produced by light and shade in a place.
- chiasmatypy — the process of chiasma formation, which is the basis for crossing over.
- chiastolite — a variety of andalusite containing carbon impurities
- chibougamau — a town in S Quebec, in E Canada.
- chicaneries — Plural form of chicanery.
12 letter words starting with chi
- chiantishire — a nickname for Tuscany
- chicharrones — A Hispanic dish; made of fried pork rinds.
- chickahominy — a member of a North American Indian tribe of the Powhatan confederacy that inhabited eastern Virginia.
- chickasawhay — a river in SE Mississippi, flowing S to the Pascagoula River. 210 miles (338 km) long.
- chicken-shit — boring or annoying details or unimportant tasks.
13 letter words starting with chi
- chiaroscurist — A painter who uses light and shade rather than colour to create the illusion of volume.
- chicken-fried — (of meats, esp steak) coated in seasoned flour and pan-fried
- chickenburger — A hot sandwich made of a patty of chicken in a bun, often with other ingredients.
- chief-officer — the officer of a merchant vessel next in command beneath the captain.
- chieftainship — the chief of a clan or a tribe.
14 letter words starting with chi
- chickenhearted — timid; fearful; cowardly.
- chiller-diller — chiller (def 2).
- chincherinchee — a bulbous South African liliaceous plant, Ornithogalum thyrsoides, having long spikes of white or yellow long-lasting flowers
- chivalrousness — The state of being chivalrous.
- child-directed speech — baby talk (def 2).
15 letter words starting with chi
- chicken-and-egg — of or relating to a paradoxical situation, question, etc. involving two factors, each of which in turn causes or leads to the other
- chicken-hearted — easily frightened; cowardly
- chicken-livered — timid; fearful; cowardly.
- child-battering — the physical abuse of a child by a parent or guardian, as by beating.
- child-resistant — that resists being opened, tampered with, or damaged by a child; childproof: a child-resistant medicine cabinet.
16 letter words starting with chi
- chimney-climbing — the sport of climbing a vertical fissure large enough for a person's body to enter
- chinese-hibiscus — Also called Bengal rose. a rose, Rosa chinensis, of China, having slightly fragrant crimson, pink, or white flowers.
- chinese-pavilion — a shape resembling a segment of a ring tapering to points at the ends.
18 letter words starting with chi
On this page, we collect all words starting with CHI. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 959 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with CHI. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.