Words starting with bur
3 letter words starting with bur
- bur — a seed vessel or flower head, as of burdock, having hooks or prickles
- bur chervil — a plant of the carrot family, Anthriscus caucalis, that is related to and resembles chervil
- bur clover — any of several Eurasian legumes of the genus Medicago, as M. hispida, having yellow flowers and prickly, coiled, black pods, naturalized in North America.
- bur cucumber — a climbing vine, Sicyos angulatus, of the gourd family, of eastern and midwestern North America, having leaves with pointed lobes, small white or greenish flowers, and clusters of prickly fruits.
- bur marigold — any plant of the genus Bidens that has yellow flowers and pointed fruits that cling to fur and clothing: family Asteraceae (composites)
4 letter words starting with bur
5 letter words starting with bur
- buran — a blizzard, with the wind blowing from the north and reaching gale force
- buraq — the legendary beast, a winged horse with the face of a woman and the tail of a peacock, on which Muhammad ascended to heaven.
- burbs — suburb.
- buret — a graduated glass tube, commonly having a stopcock at the bottom, used for accurately measuring or measuring out small quantities of liquid.
- burga — a loose garment covering the entire body and having a veiled opening for the eyes, worn by Muslim women.
6 letter words starting with bur
- burble — If something burbles, it makes a low continuous bubbling sound.
- burbly — burbling
- burbot — a freshwater gadoid food fish, Lota lota, that has barbels around its mouth and occurs in Europe, Asia, and North America
- burden — If you describe a problem or a responsibility as a burden, you mean that it causes someone a lot of difficulty, worry, or hard work.
- bureau — A bureau is an office, organization, or government department that collects and distributes information.
7 letter words starting with bur
- burbage — James. ?1530–97, English actor and theatre manager, who built (1576) the first theatre in England
- burbank — Luther1849-1926; U.S. horticulturist: bred numerous varieties of fruits, vegetables, & flowers
- burdash — a fringed sash worn over a coat
- burdock — a coarse weedy Eurasian plant of the genus Arctium, having large heart-shaped leaves, tiny purple flowers surrounded by hooked bristles, and burlike fruits: family Asteraceae (composites)
- bureaux — Bureaux is a plural form of bureau.
8 letter words starting with bur
- buraydah — a town and oasis in central Saudi Arabia. Pop: 462 000 (2005 est)
- burberry — a light good-quality raincoat, esp of gabardine
- burbidge — (Eleanor) Margaret (Peachey) [pee-chee] /ˈpi tʃi/ (Show IPA), born 1919, U.S. astronomer, born in England.
- burbling — the bubbling or gurgling sound of water
- burdened — If you are burdened with something, it causes you a lot of worry or hard work.
9 letter words starting with bur
- burdenous — burdensome
- burgeoned — to grow or develop quickly; flourish: The town burgeoned into a city. He burgeoned into a fine actor.
- burgesses — Anthony, 1917–93, English novelist and critic.
- burkinabé — of or relating to Burkina Faso or its inhabitants
- burladero — a safe area for the bull-fighter in a bull ring
10 letter words starting with bur
- burchfield — Charles Ephraim, 1893–1967, U.S. painter.
- burckhardt — Jacob Christoph. 1818–97, Swiss art and cultural historian; author of The Civilisation of the Renaissance in Italy (1860)
- burdensome — If you describe something as burdensome, you mean it is worrying or hard to deal with.
- bureaucrat — Bureaucrats are officials who work in a large administrative system. You can refer to officials as bureaucrats especially if you disapprove of them because they seem to follow rules and procedures too strictly.
- burgenland — a state of E Austria. Capital: Eisenstadt. Pop: 276 419 (2003 est). Area: 3965 sq km (1531 sq miles)
11 letter words starting with bur
- bureaucracy — A bureaucracy is an administrative system operated by a large number of officials.
- burglarious — of, constituting, or inclined to burglary
- burgomaster — the chief magistrate of a town in Austria, Belgium, Germany, or the Netherlands; mayor
- burkburnett — a town in N Texas.
- burlesquely — in a burlesque manner
12 letter words starting with bur
- bureaucratic — Bureaucratic means involving complicated rules and procedures which can cause long delays.
- burglarproof — safeguarded or secure against burglary.
- burrillville — a town in N Rhode Island.
- burseraceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Burseraceae, a tropical family of trees and shrubs having compound leaves and resin or balsam in their stems. The family includes bdellium and some balsams
13 letter words starting with bur
- bureaucratese — wordy, jargon-filled, overcomplicated language considered typical of bureaucrats
- bureaucratism — an official of a bureaucracy.
- bureaucratist — a believer in bureaucracy
- bureaucratize — to administer by or transform into a bureaucracy
- burglar-proof — designed to be secure and to frustrate any attempted burglary
14 letter words starting with bur
- burschenschaft — a students' fraternity, originally one concerned with Christian ideals, patriotism, etc
16 letter words starting with bur
- bureaucratically — of, relating to, or characteristic of a bureaucrat or a bureaucracy; arbitrary and routine.
17 letter words starting with bur
On this page, we collect all words starting with BUR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 304 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with BUR. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.