Words starting with bo
2 letter words starting with bo
- bo — body odor
- bo diddley beat — a type of syncopated Black rhythm, frequently used in rock music
- bo hai — arm of the Yellow Sea, north of Shandong peninsula in NE China: c. 300 mi (483 km) long
- bo juyi — Po Chü-i.
- bo tree — the sacred fig tree ( peepul) of Buddhism: Gautama is believed to have received heavenly inspiration under such a tree
3 letter words starting with bo
- boa — A boa or a feather boa is a long soft scarf made of feathers or of short pieces of very light fabric.
- bob — If something bobs, it moves up and down, like something does when it is floating on water.
- bod — A bod is a person.
- bog — A bog is an area of land which is very wet and muddy.
- boi — a lesbian who adopts a boyish appearance or manner
4 letter words starting with bo
- boac — British Overseas Airways Corporation
- boar — A boar or a wild boar is a wild pig.
- boas — Franz (frants). 1858–1942, US anthropologist, born in Germany. He made major contributions to cultural and linguistic anthropology in studies of North American Indians, including The Mind of Primitive Man (1911; 1938)
- boat — A boat is something in which people can travel across water.
- boaz — a kinsman of Naomi, who married her daughter-in-law Ruth (Ruth 2–4); one of David's ancestors
5 letter words starting with bo
- board — A board is a flat, thin, rectangular piece of wood or plastic which is used for a particular purpose.
- boart — low-quality diamond, in granular aggregate or small fragments, valuable only in crushed or powdered form, especially for industrial use as an abrasive.
- boast — If someone boasts about something that they have done or that they own, they talk about it very proudly, in a way that other people may find irritating or offensive.
- bobby — A bobby is a British policeman, usually of the lowest rank.
- bobol — a fraud carried out by one or more persons with access to public funds in collusion with someone in a position of authority
6 letter words starting with bo
- bo's'n — boatswain
- boatel — a waterside hotel catering for boating people
- boater — A boater or a straw boater is a hard straw hat with a flat top and brim which is often worn for certain social occasions in the summer.
- boatie — a boating enthusiast
- bobbed — If a woman's hair is bobbed, it is cut in a bob.
7 letter words starting with bo
- bo-peep — a game for very young children, in which one hides (esp hiding one's face in one's hands) and reappears suddenly
- boabdil — original name Abu-Abdullah, called El Chico, ruled as Mohammed XI. died ?1538, last Moorish king of Granada (1482–83; 1486–92)
- boarded — a piece of wood sawed thin, and of considerable length and breadth compared with the thickness.
- boarder — A boarder is a pupil who lives at school during the term.
- boarish — coarse, cruel, or sensual
8 letter words starting with bo
- boadicea — Boudicca
- boardies — a pair of board shorts
- boarding — Boarding is an arrangement by which children live at school during the school term.
- boarfish — any of various spiny-finned marine teleost fishes of the genera Capros, Antigonia, etc, related to the dories, having a deep compressed body, a long snout, and large eyes
- boastful — If someone is boastful, they talk too proudly about something that they have done or that they own.
9 letter words starting with bo
- boanerges — a nickname applied by Jesus to James and John in Mark 3:17
- boardroom — The boardroom is a room where the board of a company meets.
- boardwalk — A boardwalk is a path made of wooden boards, especially one along a beach.
- boarhound — a hound used to chase boar
- boathouse — A boathouse is a building at the edge of a lake, in which boats are kept.
10 letter words starting with bo
- boastfully — given to or characterized by boasting.
- boatwright — a craftsman who builds wooden boats.
- bobblehead — a collectable doll with a bobbing oversized head representing a celebrity or a cartoon character
- bobbysoxer — an adolescent girl wearing bobbysocks, esp in the 1940s
- boccherini — Luigi (luˈidʒi). 1743–1805, Italian composer and cellist
11 letter words starting with bo
- boatbuilder — A boatbuilder is a person or company that makes boats.
- boatmanship — boatsmanship.
- bobsledding — a sled having two pairs of runners, a brake, and a steering wheel or other mechanism that enables the front rider to direct the sled down a steeply banked run or chute.
- bodhidharma — 6th century ad, Indian Buddhist monk, who taught in China (from 520): considered to be the founder of Zen Buddhism
- bodhisattva — (in Mahayana Buddhism) a divine being worthy of nirvana who remains on the human plane to help men to salvation
12 letter words starting with bo
- boardsailing — windsurfing
- boatsmanship — seamanship as applied to boats, especially rowboats and motorboats.
- body-centred — (of a crystal) having a lattice point at the centre of each unit cell as well as at the corners
- bodyboarding — the sport of surfing using a bodyboard
- bodybuilding — Bodybuilding is the activity of doing special exercises regularly in order to make your muscles grow bigger.
13 letter words starting with bo
- boardinghouse — a private house in which accommodation and meals are provided for paying guests
- bobby-dazzler — anything outstanding, striking, or showy, esp an attractive girl
- bodice-ripper — a modern Gothic novel or historical romance, usually in paperback format, featuring at least one passionate love scene, characteristically one in which the heroine vainly resists submitting to the villain or hero.
- body-centered — (of a crystal structure) having lattice points at the centers of the unit cells.
- bombastically — (of speech, writing, etc.) high-sounding; high-flown; inflated; pretentious.
14 letter words starting with bo
15 letter words starting with bo
16 letter words starting with bo
- boolean-operator — any operation in which each of the operands and the result take one of two values.
17 letter words starting with bo
19 letter words starting with bo
- bolzano-weierstrass theorem — the theorem that every bounded set with an infinite number of elements contains at least one accumulation point.
On this page, we collect all words starting with BO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2316 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with BO. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.