Words starting with bl
2 letter words starting with bl
3 letter words starting with bl
4 letter words starting with bl
- blab — If someone blabs about something secret, they tell people about it.
- blad — a flier or other promotional material distributed by a company to sell a product.
- blae — bluish-grey; slate-coloured
- blag — To blag something such as a concert ticket means to persuade someone to give it to you free.
- blah — You use blah, blah, blah to refer to something that is said or written without giving the actual words, because you think that they are boring or unimportant.
5 letter words starting with bl
- black — lacking hue and brightness; absorbing light without reflecting any of the rays composing it.
- blade — The blade of a knife, axe, or saw is the edge, which is used for cutting.
- blaes — hardened clay or shale, esp when crushed and used to form the top layer of a sports pitch: bluish-grey or reddish in colour
- blaeu — Willem Janszoon [vil-uh m yahn-suh n,, -sohn] /ˈvɪl əm ˈyɑn sən,, -soʊn/ (Show IPA), 1571–1638, Dutch cartographer, geographer, astronomer, and mathematician.
- blaff — a West Indian seafood stew
6 letter words starting with bl
- blacky — a contemptuous term used to refer to a black person.
- bladed — having a blade or blades (often used in combination): a single-bladed leaf.
- blader — a person who skates with in-line skates
- blague — pretentious but empty talk; nonsense
- blaine — James G(illespie)1830-93; U.S. statesman: secretary of state (1881, 1889-92)
7 letter words starting with bl
- blabbed — to reveal indiscreetly and thoughtlessly: They blabbed my confidences to everyone.
- blabber — a person who blabs
- blacken — To blacken something means to make it black or very dark in colour. Something that blackens becomes black or very dark in colour.
- blacker — lacking hue and brightness; absorbing light without reflecting any of the rays composing it.
- blackie — a contemptuous term used to refer to a black person.
8 letter words starting with bl
- blabbing — to reveal indiscreetly and thoughtlessly: They blabbed my confidences to everyone.
- blackcap — a brownish-grey Old World warbler, Sylvia atricapilla, the male of which has a black crown
- blackcod — sablefish.
- blackest — lacking hue and brightness; absorbing light without reflecting any of the rays composing it.
- blackett — Patrick Maynard Stuart, Baron. 1897–1974, English physicist, noted for his work on cosmic radiation and his discovery of the positron. Nobel prize for physics 1948
9 letter words starting with bl
- black-bag — of, relating to, or distributing money for expenses that has been diverted from the regular budget: Black-bag funds have paid for much overseas travel by the military.
- black-tie — requiring that guests wear semiformal attire, especially that men wear black bow ties with tuxedos or dinner jackets: a black-tie dance.
- blackacre — an arbitrary name for a piece of land used for purposes of supposition in legal argument or the like (often distinguished from whiteacre).
- blackball — If the members of a club blackball someone, they vote against that person being allowed to join their club.
- blackbead — cat's-claw.
10 letter words starting with bl
- blabbering — to reveal indiscreetly and thoughtlessly: They blabbed my confidences to everyone.
- blackamoor — a Black African or other person with dark skin
- blackbeard — nickname of (Edward) Teach
- blackberry — A blackberry is a small, soft black or dark purple fruit.
- blackboard — A blackboard is a dark-coloured board that you can write on with chalk. Blackboards are often used by teachers in the classroom.
11 letter words starting with bl
12 letter words starting with bl
- blabbermouth — a person who talks too much or indiscreetly
- black-coated — (esp formerly) (of a worker) clerical or professional, as distinguished from commercial or industrial
- black-figure — pertaining to or designating a style of vase painting developed in Greece in the 7th and 6th centuries b.c., chiefly characterized by silhouetted figures painted in black slip on a red clay body, details incised into the design, and a two-dimensional structure of form and space.
- black-market — to black-marketeer.
- blackbirding — a common European thrush, Turdus merula, the male of which is black with a yellow bill.
13 letter words starting with bl
- black-a-vised — having a dark complexion.
- black-and-tan — (of a dog) of a black color with tan markings above the eyes and on the muzzle, chest, legs, feet, and breech.
- black-hearted — evil, malicious, or wicked
- blacksmithing — the work of a blacksmith.
- blamestorming — a discussion or meeting for the purpose of assigning blame.
14 letter words starting with bl
- black-and-blue — (of the skin) discoloured, as from a bruise
- black-on-black — concerning black people exclusively
- blade-shearing — the shearing of sheep using hand shears
- blah-blah-blah — and so on; and so forth.
- blanco-fombona — Rufino [roo-fee-naw] /ruˈfi nɔ/ (Show IPA), 1874–1944, Venezuelan author.
15 letter words starting with bl
- black-and-white — displaying only black and white tones; without color, as a picture or chart: a black-and-white photograph.
- black-marketeer — to sell articles in the black market.
- blagoveshchensk — a city and port in E Russia, in Siberia on the Amur River. Pop: 222 000 (2005 est)
- blockade-runner — a ship or person that passes through a blockade.
- bloodguiltiness — guilty of murder or bloodshed.
17 letter words starting with bl
- blood-and-thunder — sensationalism, violence, or exaggerated melodrama: a movie full of blood and thunder.
24 letter words starting with bl
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
On this page, we collect all words starting with BL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1666 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with BL. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.