Words starting with bel
3 letter words starting with bel
- bel — a unit for comparing two power levels, equal to the logarithm to the base ten of the ratio of the two powers
- bel and the dragon — a book of the Apocrypha that is included as chapter 14 of Daniel in the Douay Bible.
- bel canto — a style of singing characterized by beauty of tone rather than dramatic power
- bel esprit — a witty or clever person
- bel paese — a mild creamy Italian cheese
4 letter words starting with bel
- bela — a male given name.
- beld — bald; hairless.
- bell — A bell is a device that makes a ringing sound and is used to give a signal or to attract people's attention.
- belo — Carlos Felipe Ximenes, born 1948, East Timorese Roman Catholic bishop: Nobel Peace Prize 1996.
- belt — A belt is a strip of leather or cloth that you fasten round your waist.
5 letter words starting with bel
- belah — an Australian casuarina tree, Casuarina cristata, yielding a useful timber
- belau — Palau
- belay — to make fast (a line) by securing to a pin, cleat, or bitt
- belch — If someone belches, they make a sudden noise in their throat because air has risen up from their stomach.
- belee — to position on the sheltered side
6 letter words starting with bel
7 letter words starting with bel
- belabor — If you say that someone belabors the point, you mean that they keep on talking about it, perhaps in an annoying or boring way.
- belarus — a republic in E Europe; part of the medieval Lithuanian and Polish empires before being occupied by Russia; a Soviet republic (1919–91); in 1997 formed a close political and economic union with Russia: mainly low-lying and forested. Languages: Belarussian; Russian. Religion: believers are mostly Christian. Currency: rouble. Capital: Minsk. Pop: 9 625 888 (2013 est). Area: 207 600 sq km (80 134 sq miles)
- belasco — David1853-1931; U.S. theatrical producer, playwright, & actor
- belated — A belated action happens later than it should have done.
- belayed — Nautical. to fasten (a rope) by winding around a pin or short rod inserted in a holder so that both ends of the rod are clear.
8 letter words starting with bel
- belabour — If you belabour someone or something, you hit them hard and repeatedly.
- belamour — a beloved person
- belandre — bilander.
- belaunde — Fernando [fer-nahn-daw] /fɛrˈnɑn dɔ/ (Show IPA), (Fernando Belaúnde Terry) 1913?–2002, Peruvian architect and statesman: president 1963–68, 1980–85.
- belching — to eject gas spasmodically and noisily from the stomach through the mouth; eruct.
9 letter words starting with bel
- belafonte — Harry, born 1922, U.S. singer and actor.
- belatedly — coming or being after the customary, useful, or expected time: belated birthday greetings.
- beleaguer — to trouble persistently; harass
- belection — bolection.
- belemnite — any extinct marine cephalopod mollusc of the order Belemnoidea, related to the cuttlefish
10 letter words starting with bel
- bel-esprit — a person of great wit or intellect.
- beliefless — having no faith or belief
- believable — Something that is believable makes you think that it could be true or real.
- belisarius — ?505–565 ad, Byzantine general under Justinian I. He recovered North Africa from the Vandals and Italy from the Ostrogoths and led forces against the Persians
- bell-curve — bell-shaped curve.
11 letter words starting with bel
- belarussian — of, relating to, or characteristic of Belarus, its people, or their language
- belatedness — coming or being after the customary, useful, or expected time: belated birthday greetings.
- beleaguered — A beleaguered person, organization, or project is experiencing a lot of difficulties, opposition, or criticism.
- believingly — with belief; in a believing manner
- bell-bottom — designating trousers or slacks that are flared beginning at the knee or mid-calf
12 letter words starting with bel
- beleaguering — to surround with military forces.
- belittlement — to regard or portray as less impressive or important than appearances indicate; depreciate; disparage.
- bell-bottoms — Bell-bottoms are trousers that are very wide at the bottom of the leg, near your feet.
- belligerence — the act or quality of being belligerent or warlike; aggressiveness
- belligerency — the state of being at war
13 letter words starting with bel
- beleaguerment — a blockade or siege
- believability — to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something, although without absolute proof that one is right in doing so: Only if one believes in something can one act purposefully.
- bellefontaine — a city in W Ohio.
- belligerently — aggressively
- belly-flopper — an awkward, usually unintentional dive in which the front of the body strikes the water horizontally, the abdomen or chest bearing the brunt of the impact.
14 letter words starting with bel
- belgian-endive — endive (def 2).
- belles-lettres — literary works, esp essays and poetry, valued for their aesthetic rather than their informative or moral content
- belletristical — relating to the fine arts
- bellingshausen — Fabian Gottlieb von [fey-bee-uh n-got-leeb von] /ˈfeɪ bi ənˈgɒt lib vɒn/ (Show IPA), (Faddey Faddeyevich Bellingshauzen) 1778–1852, Russian naval officer and explorer.
- below-the-belt — Something that is below the belt is cruel and unfair.
15 letter words starting with bel
20 letter words starting with bel
On this page, we collect all words starting with BEL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 358 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with BEL. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.