Words starting with bal
3 letter words starting with bal
4 letter words starting with bal
- bala — a narrow lake in Gwynedd: the largest natural lake in Wales. Length: 6 km (4 miles)
- bald — Someone who is bald has little or no hair on the top of their head.
- bale — A bale is a large quantity of something such as hay, cloth, or paper, tied together tightly.
- bali — an island in Indonesia, east of Java: mountainous, rising over 3000 m (10 000 ft). Capital: Denpasar. Pop: 3 151 162 (2000). Area: 5558 sq km (2146 sq miles)
- balk — If you balk at something, you definitely do not want to do it or to let it happen.
5 letter words starting with bal
- balak — a Moabite king who sent for Balaam to come and curse the Israelites. Num. 22–23.
- balao — a halfbeak, Hemiramphus balao, of tropical western Atlantic seas.
- balas — a red variety of spinel, used as a gemstone
- balbo — Italo (ˈitalo). 1896–1940, Italian Fascist politician and airman: minister of aviation (1929–33)
- balch — Emily Greene, 1867–1961, U.S. economist, sociologist, and author: Nobel Peace Prize 1946.
6 letter words starting with bal
- balaam — a Mesopotamian diviner who, when summoned to curse the Israelites, prophesied future glories for them instead, after being reproached by his ass (Numbers 22–23)
- balata — a tropical American sapotaceous tree, Manilkara bidentata, yielding a latex-like sap
- balboa — Vasco Núñez de (ˈbasko ˈnuɲeθ de). ?1475–1519, Spanish explorer, who discovered the Pacific Ocean in 1513
- balche — (among the Yucatec Maya) a drink made from the bark of a leguminous tree, Lonchocarpus violaceus, which is soaked in honey and water and fermented.
- balcon — Sir Michael. 1896–1977, British film producer; his films made at Ealing Studios include the comedies Kind Hearts and Coronets (1949) and The Lavender Hill Mob (1951)
7 letter words starting with bal
- balafon — A large xylophone having hollow gourds as resonators, used in West African music.
- balance — If you balance something somewhere, or if it balances there, it remains steady and does not fall.
- balanda — (Australian Aboriginal, Arnhem Land) a white person, a European.
- balaton — Lakelake in W Hungary: largest lake in central Europe: c. 230 sq mi (596 sq km)
- balboas — Plural form of balboa.
8 letter words starting with bal
- baladine — a theatrical dancer or stage buffoon
- balafons — Plural form of balafon.
- balaguer — Joaquin (ˈjoːakɪn). 1907–2002, Dominican statesman; president of the Dominican Republic (1960–62, 1966–78, 1986–96)
- balakovo — a city in the W RSFSR, in the E SovietUnion in Europe, SW of Gorki.
- balanced — A balanced report, book, or other document takes into account all the different opinions on something and presents information in a fair and reasonable way.
9 letter words starting with bal
- balaclava — A balaclava is a tight woollen hood that covers every part of your head except your face.
- balakirev — Mily Alexeyevich (ˈmilij alɪkˈsjejɪvitʃ). 1837–1910, Russian composer, whose works include two symphonic poems, two symphonies, and many arrangements of Russian folk songs
- balaklava — a small port in S Crimea: scene of an inconclusive battle (1854), which included the charge of the Light Brigade, during the Crimean War
- balalaika — a plucked musical instrument, usually having a triangular body and three strings: used chiefly for Russian folk music
- balancers — Plural form of balancer.
10 letter words starting with bal
11 letter words starting with bal
- balbriggans — underwear made from balbriggan fabric, for example long men's underpants
- baldacchino — baldachin
- baldcypress — any of a genus (Taxodium, esp. T. distichum) of cone-bearing trees of the baldcypress family, that grows in the swamps of the SE U.S. and normally sheds its small, pointed needles in the fall
- balefulness — The characteristic of being baleful.
- balistraria — (in a medieval fortification) an opening, usually in the form of a cross, through which a crossbow could be fired.
12 letter words starting with bal
- ball-breaker — an arduous, often unpleasant task.
- ball-carrier — the offensive player having the ball and attempting to gain ground.
- balladmonger — (formerly) a seller of ballads, esp on broadsheets
- ballanwrasse — a slow-growing fish (Labrus bergylta) found in rocky waters
- balletically — in a balletic fashion; gracefully
13 letter words starting with bal
- balkanization — If you disapprove of the division of a country into separate independent states, you can refer to the Balkanization of the country.
- ballistically — of or relating to ballistics.
- ballistospore — a spore, esp a fungal spore, that is forcefully ejected from its source
- balloon-berry — strawberry-raspberry.
- balneotherapy — the treatment of disease by bathing, esp to improve limb mobility in arthritic and neuromuscular disorders
14 letter words starting with bal
- ball-and-chain — a heavy iron ball fastened by a chain to a prisoner's leg.
- balm-of-gilead — any of several plants of the genus Commiphora, especially C. opobalsamum and C. meccanensis, which yield a fragrant oleoresin.
- balsaminaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Balsaminaceae, a family of flowering plants, including balsam and touch-me-not, that have irregular flowers and explosive capsules
- balto-slavonic — a hypothetical subfamily of Indo-European languages consisting of Baltic and Slavonic. It is now generally believed that similarities between them result from geographical proximity rather than any special relationship
15 letter words starting with bal
16 letter words starting with bal
- ballast-resistor — Nautical. any heavy material carried temporarily or permanently in a vessel to provide desired draft and stability.
18 letter words starting with bal
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
19 letter words starting with bal
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
20 letter words starting with bal
- balled-and-burlapped — of or relating to a tree, shrub, or other plant prepared for transplanting by allowing the roots to remain covered by a ball of soil around which canvas or burlap is tied.
On this page, we collect all words starting with BAL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 520 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with BAL. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.