Words starting with b
1 letter words starting with b
- b — B is the second letter of the English alphabet.
- b & w — (of a motion picture, photograph, drawing, etc.) black and white, as distinguished from color.
- b and d — bondage and discipline: used in reference to sadomasochistic sexual practices.
- b and e — Law. the crime of breaking and entering: two of the elements of the crime of burglary.
- b and w — (of a motion picture, photograph, drawing, etc.) black and white, as distinguished from color.
2 letter words starting with b
3 letter words starting with b
4 letter words starting with b
- b-17 — Flying Fortress.
- b-29 — Superfortress.
- b.b. — Billie Jean (Moffitt) [mof-it] /ˈmɒf ɪt/ (Show IPA), born 1943, U.S. tennis player.
- b.d. — bondage and discipline: used in reference to sadomasochistic sexual practices.
- b.e. — Law. the crime of breaking and entering: two of the elements of the crime of burglary.
5 letter words starting with b
6 letter words starting with b
7 letter words starting with b
- b-movie — A B-movie is a film which is produced quickly and cheaply and is often considered to have little artistic value.
- baalbek — a town in E Lebanon: an important city in Phoenician and Roman times; extensive ruins. Pop: 150 000 (1998 est)
- baalism — the worship of false gods or idols
- baaskap — (formerly in South Africa) control by White people of non-White people
- babalas — drunk; hungover
8 letter words starting with b
- b-boying — a style of acrobatic dancing that combines intricate footwork with spinning and tumbling, usually to funk or hip-hop music.
- b-sample — a urine or blood sample used in doping tests in professional sports to confirm or invalidate the presence of banned substances in the first sample, the A-sample
- baalebos — the master of the house
- baalshem — a person who works miracles by calling upon the name of God, especially one of the German and Polish Jews of the 16th–19th centuries considered to be saintly and to possess magical powers.
- baathism — a socialist party of some Arab countries, especially Iraq and Syria.
9 letter words starting with b
10 letter words starting with b
- babblative — having a tendency to babble; loquacious
- babesiasis — any of several tick-borne diseases of cattle, dogs, horses, sheep, and swine, caused by a babesia protozoan and characterized by fever and languor.
- babesiosis — a tick-borne disease of domesticated and wild mammals as well as humans, caused by a protozoan of the genera Babesia and characterized by fever, anaemia, jaundice, and in severe cases leading to death
- babylonian — an inhabitant of ancient Babylon or Babylonia
- babylonish — Babylonian.
11 letter words starting with b
- babelicious — (of a woman) sexually very attractive.
- baby-boomer — a person born during a baby boom, especially one born in the U.S. between 1946 and 1965.
- baby-minder — a person who is paid to look after other people's babies or very young children
- baby-mother — a young mother who has been abandoned by the baby's father just before or after the birth
- baby-sitter — a person who takes care of a child or children while the parents are out
12 letter words starting with b
- b-lymphocyte — a type of lymphocyte, originating in bone marrow, that produces antibodies
- baby's-tears — a mosslike plant, Soleirolia (or Helxine) soleirolii, of the nettle family, native to Corsica and Sardinia, having small, roundish leaves and minute flowers.
- baby-bouncer — a seat on springs suspended from a door frame, etc, in which a baby may be placed for exercise
- baccalauréat — (esp in France) a school-leaving examination that qualifies the successful candidates for entrance to university
- bacchanalian — characterized by or involving drunken revelry
13 letter words starting with b
- baal-shem-tov — (Israel ben Eliezer"Besht") c1700–60, Ukrainian teacher and religious leader: founder of the Hasidic movement of Judaism.
- baby's-breath — a tall Eurasian caryophyllaceous plant, Gypsophila paniculata, bearing small white or pink fragrant flowers
- baccalaureate — The baccalaureate is an examination taken by students at the age of eighteen in France and some other countries.
- bacillophobia — The fear of microbes. Also known as germaphobia.
- back-slapping — Back-slapping is noisy, cheerful behaviour which people use in order to show affection or appreciation to each other.
14 letter words starting with b
- babies'-breath — baby's breath
- baby-blue-eyes — any of several plants of the genus Nemophila, of western North America, especially N. menziesii, a low-growing plant having blue, white-centered flowers.
- back-and-forth — backward and forward; side to side; to and fro: a back-and-forth shuttling of buses to the stadium; the back-and-forth movement of a clock's pendulum.
- back-clearance — Machinery. the gradual termination of a groove on the body of an object not ending there, as the upper termination of a flute in a twist drill. Also called back clearance. a space in a depressed area of an object into which a machine tool or grinding wheel may safely enter at the end of a pass or operation.
- back-formation — the analogical creation of one word from another word that appears to be a derived or inflected form of the first by dropping the apparent affix or by modification.
15 letter words starting with b
- bait-and-switch — denoting a deceptive method of selling, by which customers, attracted to a store by sale items, are told either that the advertised bargain item is out of stock or is inferior to a higher-priced item that is available.
- balanoposthitis — An inflammation of the glans penis and the prepuce.
16 letter words starting with b
17 letter words starting with b
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
- baden-wurttemberg — a state of SW Germany. Capital: Stuttgart. Pop: 53 938 (2003 est). Area: 35 742 sq km (13 800 sq miles)
- baile-atha-cliath — Gaelic Baile Àtha Cliath. a seaport in and the capital of the Republic of Ireland, in the E part, on the Irish Sea.
18 letter words starting with b
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
19 letter words starting with b
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
On this page, we collect all words starting with letter B. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 17704 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with B. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.