Words starting with as
2 letter words starting with as
- as — If something happens as something else happens, it happens at the same time.
- as a matter of course — If you do something as a matter of course, you do it as part of your normal work or way of life.
- as a matter of fact — You use as a matter of fact to introduce a statement that gives more details about what has just been said, or an explanation of it, or something that contrasts with it.
- as a rule — If you say that something happens as a rule, you mean that it usually happens.
- as a whole — If you refer to something as a whole, you are referring to it generally and as a single unit.
3 letter words starting with as
4 letter words starting with as
- asap — asap is an abbreviation for 'as soon as possible'.
- asat — antisatellite
- asbo — An ASBO is a legal order restricting the activities or movements of someone who has repeatedly behaved in a way that upsets or annoys other people. ASBO is an abbreviation for 'anti-social behaviour order'.
- asch — Sholem (ˈʃəʊləm). 1880–1957, US writer, born in Poland, who wrote in Yiddish. His works include biblical novels
- asci — ascus
5 letter words starting with as
6 letter words starting with as
- asa/bs — an obsolete expression of the speed of a photographic film, replaced by the ISO rating
- asanas — Plural form of asana.
- asante — Ashanti.
- asarum — the dried strong-scented root of the wild ginger plant: a flavouring agent and source of an aromatic oil used in perfumery, formerly used in medicine
- asbury — Francis1745-1816; 1st Methodist bishop in U.S.
7 letter words starting with as
- as-live — (of a performance for a television programme) performed as though live but broadcast after a short delay to allow for the editing of mistakes, bad language, etc
- asansol — city in E India, in the state of West Bengal: pop. 262,000
- asbuilt — May refer to a field survey, construction drawing, 3D model, or other descriptive representation of an engineered project or a design. Derived from usage of the adjective asbuilt. (See examples.).
- ascared — frightened
- ascarid — any parasitic nematode worm of the family Ascaridae, such as the common roundworm of man and pigs
8 letter words starting with as
- asarotum — (in ancient Roman architecture) a painted pavement.
- asbestos — Asbestos is a grey material which does not burn and which has been used as a protection against fire or heat.
- asbestus — Mineralogy. a fibrous mineral, either amphibole or chrysotile, formerly used for making incombustible or fireproof articles.
- ascanius — the son of Aeneas and Creusa; founder of Alba Longa, mother city of Rome
- ascarids — Plural form of ascarid.
9 letter words starting with as
- asafetida — a bad-smelling gum resin obtained from various Asiatic plants (genus Ferula) of the umbel family: it was formerly used to treat some illnesses or, in folk medicine, to repel disease
- asahigawa — a city on W central Hokkaido, in N Japan.
- asbestine — Mineralogy. a fibrous mineral, either amphibole or chrysotile, formerly used for making incombustible or fireproof articles.
- asbestoid — Mineralogy. a fibrous mineral, either amphibole or chrysotile, formerly used for making incombustible or fireproof articles.
- ascarides — any parasitic roundworm of the genus Ascaris, found in the human small intestine and causing colic and diarrhea.
10 letter words starting with as
- as-told-to — (of a biographical account) written by a professional author using information from personal conversations with the subject.
- asafoetida — a bitter resin with an unpleasant onion-like smell, obtained from the roots of some umbelliferous plants of the genus Ferula: formerly used as a carminative, antispasmodic, and expectorant
- asantehene — the ruler of the Ashanti people of Ghana
- asarabacca — a perennial evergreen Eurasian plant, Asarum europaeum, having kidney-shaped leaves and a single brownish flower: family Aristolochiaceae
- asbestosis — inflammation of the lungs resulting from chronic inhalation of asbestos particles
11 letter words starting with as
- ascendingly — moving upward; rising.
- ascensional — (astronomy) Relating to ascension.
- ascertained — to find out definitely; learn with certainty or assurance; determine: to ascertain the facts.
- ascetically — a person who dedicates his or her life to a pursuit of contemplative ideals and practices extreme self-denial or self-mortification for religious reasons.
- aschelminth — in some systems of classification, any of a phylum (Aschelminthes) of wormlike animals, including rotifers, gastrotrichs, gordian worms, and nematodes: these animals are usually considered to be in separate phyla
12 letter words starting with as
- ascensionist — a person who has completed a mountain ascent, esp a notable one
- ascertaining — to find out definitely; learn with certainty or assurance; determine: to ascertain the facts.
- asclepiadean — of or relating to a type of classical verse line consisting of a spondee, two or three choriambs, and an iamb
- ascomycetous — belonging or pertaining to the Ascomycota.
- ashurbanipal — died ?626 bc, king of Assyria (?668–?626): son of Esarhaddon. He built the magnificent palace and library at Nineveh
13 letter words starting with as
- ascensiontide — the ten days from Ascension Day to the day before Whit Sunday
- ascertainable — to find out definitely; learn with certainty or assurance; determine: to ascertain the facts.
- ascertainably — In a way that can be ascertained.
- ascertainment — to find out definitely; learn with certainty or assurance; determine: to ascertain the facts.
- aschaffenburg — a city in Germany, on the River Main in Bavaria: seat of the Imperial Diet (1447); ceded to Bavaria in 1814. Pop: 68 607 (2003 est)
14 letter words starting with as
- asian-american — of or connected with Americans of Asian ancestry
- assassinations — Plural form of assassination.
- assemblymember — A person who serves as a member of an assembly.
- assemblyperson — a member of a legislative assembly, especially a member of the lower house of the legislature in certain states of the U.S.
- associationism — a theory that all mental activity is based on connections between basic mental events, such as sensations and feelings
15 letter words starting with as
- asclepiadaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Asclepiadaceae, a family of mostly tropical and subtropical flowering plants, including the milkweed and swallowwort, having pollen in the form of a waxy mass (pollinium): now usually regarded as a subfamily of the Apocynaceae
- assemblypersons — Plural form of assemblyperson.
- asset-stripping — If a person or company is involved in asset-stripping, they buy companies cheaply, sell off their assets to make a profit, and then close the companies down.
- assimilationism — the theory of promoting the incorporation and mixing of different groups in society
- assimilationist — a person who favours and promotes the incorporation and mixing of different groups in society
16 letter words starting with as
- asalam-wa-leikum — a salutation used in India
- astroarchaeology — archaeoastronomy.
- astrometeorology — the study of the theoretical effects of astronomical bodies and forces on the earth's atmosphere.
- astrophotography — the photography of celestial bodies used in astronomy
- asymptomatically — showing no evidence of disease.
17 letter words starting with as
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- ashton-under-lyne — a town in NW England, in Tameside unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 43 236 (2001)
- assyro-babylonian — of or relating to Assyria and Babylonia.
23 letter words starting with as
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
24 letter words starting with as
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
On this page, we collect all words starting with AS. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1447 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with AS. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.