Words starting with ar
2 letter words starting with ar
3 letter words starting with ar
- ar- — ad-
- ara — a constellation in the S hemisphere near Scorpius
- arb — angiotensin receptor blocker
- arc — An arc is a smoothly curving line or movement.
- are — Are is the plural and the second person singular of the present tense of the verb be1. Are is often shortened to -'re after pronouns in spoken English.
4 letter words starting with ar
- arab — Arabs are people who speak Arabic and who come from the Middle East and parts of North Africa.
- arad — a city in W Romania, on the Mureş River: became part of Romania after World War I, after belonging successively to Turkey, Austria, and Hungary. Pop: 155 000 (2005 est)
- arak — city in WC Iran: pop. 331,000
- aram — the biblical name for ancient Syria
- aran — of or relating to the Aran Islands
5 letter words starting with ar
- ara-c — a toxic synthetic nucleoside, C 9 H 13 N 3 O 5 , used as an immunosuppressive and cytotoxic agent in the treatment of certain leukemias.
- araby — Arabia
- araks — river flowing from E Turkey along the S border of Armenia & Azerbaijan, into the Kura River and the Caspian Sea: c. 600 mi (966 km)
- arany — János (ˈjaːnoʃ). 1817–82, Hungarian epic poet, ballad writer, and scholar
- arawn — the lord of Annwfn.
6 letter words starting with ar
- araban — a pentosan, found chiefly in vegetable gums, that yields arabinose upon hydrolysis.
- arabel — a female given name.
- arabia — a great peninsula of SW Asia, between the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf: consists chiefly of a desert plateau, with mountains rising over 3000 m (10 000 ft) in the west and scattered oases; includes the present-day countries of Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, and the United Arab Emirates. Area: about 2 600 000 sq km (1 000 000 sq miles)
- arabic — Arabic is a language that is spoken in the Middle East and in parts of North Africa.
- arabis — any plant of the annual or perennial genus Arabis, some of which form low-growing mats with downy grey foliage and white flowers: family Brassicaceae (crucifers)
7 letter words starting with ar
- arabian — Arabian means belonging or relating to Arabia, especially to Saudi Arabia.
- arabist — An Arabist is a person who supports Arab interests or knows a lot about the Arabic language.
- arabize — to transfer to Arab control
- aracaju — a port in E Brazil, capital of Sergipe state. Pop: 701 000 (2005 est)
- aracari — any of several small toucans of the genus Pteroglossus, having strongly serrate bills and yellow underparts marked with black and red.
8 letter words starting with ar
- arabises — any plant of the genus Arabis, including the rock cresses.
- araceous — belonging to the plant family Araceae.
- arachnid — any terrestrial chelicerate arthropod of the class Arachnida, characterized by simple eyes and four pairs of legs. The group includes the spiders, scorpions, ticks, mites, and harvestmen
- araguaia — a river in central Brazil, rising in S central Mato Grosso state and flowing north to the Tocantins River. Length: over 1771 km (1100 miles)
- araguari — a city in central Brazil.
9 letter words starting with ar
- arabesque — An arabesque is a position in ballet dancing. The dancer stands on one leg with their other leg lifted and stretched out backwards, and their arms stretched out in front of them.
- arabicize — to make or become Arab
- arability — the suitability of land for growing crops
- arabinose — a pentose sugar in plant gums, esp of cedars and pines. It is used as a culture medium in bacteriology. Formula: C5H10O5
- aracatuba — a city in SE Brazil.
10 letter words starting with ar
- araeostyle — having an intercolumniation of four diameters.
- araucanian — a South American Indian language; thought to be an isolated branch of the Penutian phylum, spoken in Chile and W Argentina
- arbitrable — that can be arbitrated; subject to arbitration
- arbitrager — In finance, an arbitrager is someone who buys currencies, securities, or commodities on one country's market in order to make money by immediately selling them at a profit on another country's market.
- arbitrated — to decide as arbitrator or arbiter; determine.
11 letter words starting with ar
- arabinoside — a glycoside yielding arabinose when hydrolysed
- arachnology — the study of arachnids
- araliaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Araliaceae, a chiefly tropical family of trees, shrubs, or woody climbers having small clusters of whitish or greenish flowers. The family includes the ivy and ginseng
- arbitrageur — a person who engages in arbitrage
- arbitrament — the decision or award made by an arbitrator upon a disputed matter
12 letter words starting with ar
- araeosystyle — (of columned buildings) having an alternately very wide and very narrow intercolumniation
- arborescence — treelike in size and form.
- arborization — a branching treelike appearance in certain fossils and minerals
- archaeometry — the use of science and modern technology in archaeology to examine and interpret archaeological remains
- archdeaconry — the office, rank, or duties of an archdeacon
13 letter words starting with ar
- arab-american — a citizen or resident of the U.S. of Arab birth or descent.
- arachnoiditis — an inflammation of the arachnoid membrane
- arachnophobia — an abnormal fear of spiders
- arachnophobic — an abnormal or pathological fear of spiders.
- arbitrariness — subject to individual will or judgment without restriction; contingent solely upon one's discretion: an arbitrary decision.
14 letter words starting with ar
- arachnodactyly — A condition in which the fingers and hands are abnormally long and slender.
- araguaya-river — a river flowing N from central Brazil to the Tocantins River. about 1100 miles (1770 km) long.
- arcado-cyprian — an ancient language group of eastern Greece.
- archaebacteria — (formerly) a group of microorganisms now regarded as members of the Archaea
- archaeocyathid — one of the marine invertebrates of the extinct phylum Archaeocyatha, widely distributed during the Cambrian Period, having a limy, typically conical or cylindrical skeleton composed of sievelike inner and outer walls.
15 letter words starting with ar
- archeoastronomy — the branch of archaeology that deals with the apparent use by prehistoric civilizations of astronomical techniques to establish the seasons or the cycle of the year, especially as evidenced in the construction of megaliths and other ritual structures.
- archiepiscopacy — a form of church government in which power is vested in archbishops.
- archiepiscopate — the rank, office, or term of office of an archbishop
- architecturally — of or relating to architecture: architectural metals.
- argumentatively — fond of or given to argument and dispute; disputatious; contentious: The law students were an unusually argumentative group.
16 letter words starting with ar
- archaeoastronomy — the scientific study of the beliefs and practices concerning astronomy that existed in ancient and prehistoric civilizations
- archaeomagnetism — an archaeological technique for dating certain clay objects by measuring the extent to which they have been magnetized by the earth's magnetic field
- archconservative — consistently holding extremely conservative views: publisher of the city's archconservative newspaper.
- around-the-clock — all day and all night
- archaeomagnetism dating — the dating of archaeological specimens by determination of the magnetic alignment of objects containing ferromagnetic materials, as baked clay pots, within undisturbed archaeological sites.
17 letter words starting with ar
- archconfraternity — a confraternity having the right to associate itself with confraternities that are similar to it, and to impart to them its privileges and indulgences.
- argumentativeness — fond of or given to argument and dispute; disputatious; contentious: The law students were an unusually argumentative group.
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
- arithmetic-series — a sequence in which each term is obtained by the addition of a constant number to the preceding term, as 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, and 6, 1, −4, −9, −14.
18 letter words starting with ar
29 letter words starting with ar
- arabian-nights-entertainments — a collection of Eastern folk tales derived in part from Indian and Persian sources and dating from the 10th century a.d.
On this page, we collect all words starting with AR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1866 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with AR. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.