Words starting with amp
3 letter words starting with amp
4 letter words starting with amp
5 letter words starting with amp
6 letter words starting with amp
7 letter words starting with amp
- ampelos — a satyr who was placed among the stars by Dionysus.
- amperes — Plural form of ampere.
- amphion — a son of Zeus and Antiope: he builds a wall around Thebes by charming the stones into place with a lyre
- amphora — an ancient Greek or Roman two-handled narrow-necked jar for oil, wine, etc
- amplest — fully sufficient or more than adequate for the purpose or needs; plentiful; enough: an ample supply of water; ample time to finish.
8 letter words starting with amp
- ampakine — Any of a class of chemical compounds that enhance attention span and alertness and facilitate learning and memory.
- amperage — the magnitude of an electric current measured in amperes, esp the rated current of an electrical component or device
- amphibia — the amphibians considered collectively
- amphipod — any marine or freshwater crustacean of the order Amphipoda, such as the sand hoppers, in which the body is laterally compressed: subclass Malacostraca
- amphiuma — an aquatic, eellike salamander of the genus Amphiuma, of the southeastern U.S., having two pairs of very small feet.
9 letter words starting with amp
- ampakines — Plural form of ampakine.
- amperages — Plural form of amperage.
- ampersand — An ampersand is the sign &, used to represent the word 'and.'
- amphibian — Amphibians are animals such as frogs and toads that can live both on land and in water.
- amphibole — any of a large group of minerals consisting of the silicates of calcium, iron, magnesium, sodium, and aluminium, usually in the form of long slender dark-coloured crystals. Members of the group, including hornblende, actinolite, and tremolite, are common constituents of igneous rocks
10 letter words starting with amp
- ampelopsis — any woody vine of the vitaceous genus Ampelopsis, of tropical and subtropical Asia and America
- ampersands — Plural form of ampersand.
- amphiaraus — a hero who joined the Seven against Thebes, although he knew that his death was fated: deified after death.
- amphiaster — the structure that occurs in a cell undergoing mitosis, consisting of a spindle with an aster at each end
- amphibians — any cold-blooded vertebrate of the class Amphibia, comprising frogs and toads, newts and salamanders, and caecilians, the larvae being typically aquatic, breathing by gills, and the adults being typically semiterrestrial, breathing by lungs and through the moist, glandular skin.
11 letter words starting with amp
- ampere-hour — a practical unit of quantity of electricity; the quantity that flows in one hour through a conductor carrying a current of 1 ampere. 1 ampere-hour is equivalent to 3600 coulombs
- ampere-turn — a unit of magnetomotive force; the magnetomotive force produced by a current of 1 ampere passing through one complete turn of a coil. 1 ampere-turn is equivalent to 4π/10 or 1.257 gilberts
- amperes-law — the law that a magnetic field induced by an electric current is, at any point, directly proportional to the product of the current intensity and the length of the current conductor, inversely proportional to the square of the distance between the point and the conductor, and perpendicular to the plane joining the point and the conductor.
- amphetamine — Amphetamine is a drug which increases people's energy, makes them excited, and reduces their desire for food.
- amphibiotic — having an aquatic larval form and a terrestrial adult form, as amphibians
12 letter words starting with amp
- ampelography — the science concerned with the identification and classification of grapevines
- amperometric — relating to or involving the measurement of an electric current
- amphetamines — Plural form of amphetamine.
- amphibiology — The branch of science that deals with amphibious animals.
- amphibiously — In the manner of an amphibian.
13 letter words starting with amp
- amphiblastula — the free-swimming larva of certain sponges, which consists of a hollow spherical mass of cells some of which have flagella
- amphibologies — Plural form of amphibology.
- amphictyonies — Plural form of amphictyony.
- amphidiploidy — (of an organism or cell) the condition of being amphidiploid ie having a diploid set of chromosomes from each parent
- amphigastrium — any of the small leaves or appendages on the under surface of the stem of some liverworts
14 letter words starting with amp
- amphiarthroses — a joint permitting only slight motion, as that between the vertebrae.
- amphiarthrosis — a type of articulation permitting only slight movement, as between the vertebrae of the backbone
- amphibiousness — The state or quality of being amphibious.
- amphibological — (rare) of doubtful meaning, ambiguous, quibbling.
- amphiprostylar — Amphiprostyle.
15 letter words starting with amp
17 letter words starting with amp
- amphitheatrically — In a manner such as to appear to have some characteristics of an amphitheatre.
On this page, we collect all words starting with AMP. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 201 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with AMP. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.