Words starting with alg
4 letter words starting with alg
5 letter words starting with alg
6 letter words starting with alg
- algate — by any means; anyway
- algins — any hydrophilic, colloidal substance found in or obtained from various kelps, as alginic acid or one of its soluble salts.
- algoid — resembling or relating to algae
- algren — Nelson. 1909–81, US novelist. His novels, mostly set in Chicago, include Never Come Morning (1942) and The Man with the Golden Arm (1949)
7 letter words starting with alg
- algarve — a coastal region of S Portugal. 1958 sq. mi. (5070 sq. km).
- algebra — Algebra is a type of mathematics in which letters are used to represent possible quantities.
- algeria — a republic in NW Africa, on the Mediterranean: became independent in 1962, after more than a century of French rule; one-party constitution adopted in 1976; religious extremists led a campaign of violence from 1988 until 2000; consists chiefly of the N Sahara, with the Atlas Mountains in the north, and contains rich deposits of oil and natural gas. Official languages: Arabic and Berber; French also widely spoken. Religion: Muslim. Currency: dinar. Capital: Algiers. Pop: 38 087 812 (2013 est). Area: about 2 382 800 sq km (920 000 sq miles)
- algesi- — algo-
- algesia — the capacity to feel pain
8 letter words starting with alg
9 letter words starting with alg
- algaecide — a chemical substance for killing and preventing the growth of algae
- algarroba — the edible pod of these trees
- algarrobo — a carob tree native to the Mediterranean region
- algebraic — Algebraic equations, expressions, and principles are based on or use algebra.
- algeciras — a port and resort in SW Spain, on the Strait of Gibraltar: scene of a conference of the Great Powers in 1906. Pop: 108 779 (2003 est)
10 letter words starting with alg
- algebraist — an expert in algebra.
- algerienne — a brightly striped woolen fabric used for tents, awnings, curtains, etc.
- algolagnia — a perversion in which sexual pleasure is gained from the experience or infliction of pain
- algolagnic — Of or relating to algolagnia.
- algologist — the branch of botany dealing with algae.
11 letter words starting with alg
- algesimeter — an instrument for determining the sensitiveness of the skin to a painful stimulus.
- algological — Of or pertaining to algology.
- algophagous — feeding on algae, as certain insects.
- algophilist — Person who is subject to algophilia; person who enjoys pain and gets sexual pleasure from it.
- algorithmic — a set of rules for solving a problem in a finite number of steps, as for finding the greatest common divisor.
12 letter words starting with alg
- algesiometer — an instrument for determining the sensitiveness of the skin to a painful stimulus.
13 letter words starting with alg
15 letter words starting with alg
- algorithmically — Using an algorithm.
On this page, we collect all words starting with ALG. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 124 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with ALG. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.