Words starting with air
3 letter words starting with air
- air — Air is the mixture of gases which forms the Earth's atmosphere and which we breathe.
- air alert — the condition in which combat aircraft are airborne and ready for an operation
- air ambulance — An air ambulance is a helicopter or plane that is used for taking people to hospital.
- air arm — the aviation section of a national military force, including aircraft, base and support facilities, and personnel.
- air attache — a commissioned officer or warrant officer of an air force serving on the staff of an ambassador or minister.
4 letter words starting with air
- aire — a river in N England rising in the Pennines and flowing southeast to the Ouse. Length: 112 km (70 miles)
- airs — affected manners intended to impress others (esp in the phrases give oneself airs, put on airs)
- airt — a direction or point of the compass, esp the direction of the wind; quarter; region
- airy — If a building or room is airy, it has a lot of fresh air inside, usually because it is large.
- airs and graces — If you refer to someone's airs and graces, you mean that they behave in a way that shows that they think they are more important than other people.
5 letter words starting with air
6 letter words starting with air
- airbag — An airbag is a safety device in a car which automatically fills with air if the car crashes, and is designed to protect the people in the car when they are thrown forward in the crash.
- airbed — An airbed is a plastic or rubber mattress which can be folded or stored flat and which you fill with air before you use it.
- airbus — An Airbus is an aeroplane which is designed to carry a large number of passengers for fairly short distances.
- aircav — air cavalry.
- airdry — Alternative form of air-dry.
7 letter words starting with air
8 letter words starting with air
- air-cool — to cool (an engine) by a flow of air
- air-core — having a nonmagnetic core, as one of fiber or plastic, encircled by a coil (air-core coil) or containing one or more such coils: air-core transformer.
- air-line — straight; direct; traveling a direct route: Some railroads advertise air-line routes between stations.
- air-lock — to place in or confine to an air lock: to air-lock divers before they descend.
- air-ship — to send or ship via aircraft: to air-ship machine parts overseas.
9 letter words starting with air
10 letter words starting with air
- air-cooled — An air-cooled engine is prevented from getting too hot when it is running by cool air that passes over it, rather than being cooled by a liquid.
- air-intake — an opening in an aircraft through which air is drawn, esp for the engines
- air-logged — (of a pump or system of piping) hindered in its functioning by an air lock; air-bound.
- air-minded — interested in or promoting aviation or aircraft
- air-to-air — Air-to-air combat is a battle between military aeroplanes where rockets or bullets are fired at one aeroplane from another.
11 letter words starting with air
- air-breathe — (of an engine, aircraft, missile, etc.) to take in air from the atmosphere to oxidize the fuel for combustion.
- air-express — to send or transport by air express: Your package will be air-expressed and should reach its destination tomorrow.
- air-shipped — to send or ship via aircraft: to air-ship machine parts overseas.
- air-sprayed — sprayed by means of compressed air
- airboarding — a snow sport in which participants slide down slopes headfirst lying flat on an inflatable board
12 letter words starting with air
- air-breather — an aircraft, missile, or submarine engine that requires air from the atmosphere for the combustion of its fuel.
- aircraftsman — a person holding the rank of noncommissioned officer in the RAF.
- airfreighted — Simple past tense and past participle of airfreight.
- airpocalypse — (informal) The presence of dense smog in many parts of China.
- airtightness — the quality of being airtight
13 letter words starting with air
- air-breathing — (of an engine, aircraft, missile, etc.) to take in air from the atmosphere to oxidize the fuel for combustion.
- air-condition — to apply air conditioning to
- air-hardening — noting any metal, especially alloy steel, that can be hardened from above its transformation point by cooling in air.
- air-to-ground — operating between an aircraft in flight and a target on the ground
- aircraftwoman — The female equivalent of an aircraftman.
14 letter words starting with air
15 letter words starting with air
17 letter words starting with air
On this page, we collect all words starting with AIR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 437 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with AIR. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.