Words starting with ah
2 letter words starting with ah
- ah — Ah is used in writing to represent a noise that people make in conversation, for example to acknowledge or draw attention to something, or to express surprise or disappointment.
3 letter words starting with ah
- aha — Aha is used in writing to represent a noise that people make in conversation, for example to express satisfaction or surprise.
- ahh — Alternative spelling of aah.
- ahi — yellowfin tuna, widely used in sashimi.
- ahn — Eye dialect of on.
- ahp — allied health professional: someone who works in any of a wide range of professions related to healthcare other than nursing and medicine, for example a physiotherapist, dietician or radiographer
4 letter words starting with ah
- ahab — the king of Israel from approximately 869 to 850 bc and husband of Jezebel: rebuked by Elijah (I Kings 16:29–22:40)
- ahaz — a king of Judah, 735?–715? b.c. II Kings 16; II Chron. 28:9.
- ahdl — Analog Hardware Design Language
- ahem — In writing, ahem is used to show that someone is being ironic. Ahem is also used to show that someone wants to get another person's attention.
- ahha — after hours home avoider: a young person who prefers to spend the time after work socializing, rather than return to an empty home
5 letter words starting with ah
- ahead — Something that is ahead is in front of you. If you look ahead, you look directly in front of you.
- aheap — in a heap
- ahent — behind
- ahern — Bertie. born 1951, Irish politician; leader of the Fianna Fáil party (1994–2008); prime minister of the Republic of Ireland (1997–2008)
- ahigh — at a significant height
6 letter words starting with ah
- ahidjo — Ahmadou [ah-mah-doo] /ɑ mɑˈdu/ (Show IPA), 1924–1989, statesman: president of Cameroon 1960–82.
- ahimsa — (in Hindu, Buddhist, and Jainist philosophy) the law of reverence for, and nonviolence to, every form of life
- ahmadi — a member of the Ahmadiya.
- ahmose — 1580–1557 b.c, founder of the New Kingdom of ancient Egypt.
- ahorse — on horseback
7 letter words starting with ah
- ahaziah — a son of Ahab and his successor as king of Israel, reigned 853?–852? b.c. I Kings 22:40.
- aheight — at a significant height
- ahiezer — a Danite who assisted Moses with the census and was head of the tribe of Dan in the wilderness. Num. 1:12; 2:35; 10:25.
- ahimaaz — a priest who supported David during the revolt of Absalom. II Sam. 18:19–32.
- ahishar — a chamberlain in Solomon's household. I Kings 4:6.
8 letter words starting with ah
- ahankara — the false identification of the purusha, or true inner self, with the body, the mind, or the outside world.
- ahemeral — not constituting a full 24-hour day
- ahmadiya — a modern sect, divided into an older group (Qadianis) and a newer group (Lahore party)
- ahuzzath — a friend of Abimelech with whom he journeyed from Gerar to make a covenant with Isaac in Beersheba. Gen. 26:26–31.
9 letter words starting with ah
- ahasuerus — a king of ancient Persia and husband of Esther, generally identified with Xerxes
- ahimelech — a priest who was killed by Saul for helping David. I Sam. 21:1–9; 22:9–23.
- ahistoric — not related to or concerned with documented history
- ahmedabad — a city in W India, in Gujarat: famous for its mosque. Pop: 3 515 361 (2001)
- aholehole — A small silvery fish occurring only in the shallow waters around the Hawaiian islands, where it is a food fish.
10 letter words starting with ah
- ahithophel — a member of David's council, who became one of Absalom's advisers in his rebellion and hanged himself when his advice was overruled (II Samuel 15:12–17:23)
- ahmadiyyah — a messianic Islamic sect founded in Qadian, India, in 1889 by Mirza Ghulam Ahmad; it split into two branches in 1914
- ahmednagar — a city in W India, in Maharashtra: formerly one of the kingdoms of Deccan. Pop: 307 455 (2001)
- ahorseback — on horseback
- ahvenanmaa — group of Finn. islands at the entrance to the Gulf of Bothnia: 590 sq mi (1,528 sq km); pop. 25,000
11 letter words starting with ah
13 letter words starting with ah
- ahistorically — In an ahistorical way.
On this page, we collect all words starting with AH. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 80 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with AH. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.