Words starting with ag
2 letter words starting with ag
- ag — an expression of surprise, annoyance, pleasure, etc
3 letter words starting with ag
4 letter words starting with ag
- agag — an Amalekite king who was captured and spared by Saul but later killed by Samuel. I Sam. 15.
- agal — (among Arabs) a cord wound around a kaffiyeh to hold it in place.
- agar — a complex gelatinous carbohydrate obtained from seaweeds, esp those of the genus Gelidium, used as a culture medium for bacteria, a laxative, in food such as ice cream as a thickening agent (E406), etc
- agas — Plural form of aga.
- agba — a tropical tree, Gossweilerodendron balsamiferum, of the legume family.
5 letter words starting with ag
- agada — the nonlegal or narrative material, as parables, maxims, or anecdotes, in the Talmud and other rabbinical literature, serving either to illustrate the meaning or purpose of the law, custom, or Biblical passage being discussed or to introduce a different, unrelated topic.
- agade — a city on the Euphrates in N Babylonia, the centre of a major empire and civilization (2360–2180 bc)
- again — You use again to indicate that something happens a second time, or after it has already happened before.
- agals — Plural form of agal.
- agama — any small terrestrial lizard of the genus Agama, which inhabit warm regions of the Old World: family Agamidae
6 letter words starting with ag
- agabus — a Christian prophet who predicted a great famine. Acts 11:28.
- agadir — a port in SW Morocco, which became the centre of an international crisis (1911), when a gunboat arrived to protect German interests. Britain issued a strong warning to Germany but the French negotiated and war was averted. In 1960 the town was virtually destroyed by an earthquake, about 10 000 people being killed. Pop: 385 000 (2003)
- againe — Obsolete spelling of again.
- agamas — Plural form of agama.
- agamic — asexual; occurring or reproducing without fertilization
7 letter words starting with ag
- against — If one thing is leaning or pressing against another, it is touching it.
- agalite — a fibrous variety of talc.
- agamede — a daughter of Augeas noted for her skill at using herbs for healing.
- agamete — a reproductive cell, such as the merozoite of some protozoans, that develops into a new form without fertilization
- agamids — Plural form of agamid.
8 letter words starting with ag
- agacerie — allurement, enticement, enchantment, coquetry
- agalloch — the fragrant, resinous wood of an East Indian tree, Aquilaria agallocha, of the mezereum family, used as incense in Asia.
- agalwood — a soft, resinous wood of the Asain tree Aquilaria malaccensis, known for its aromatic qualities, and used in incense
- agaricin — an impure form of agaric acid: formerly used in medicine as an agent for stopping excessive perspiration.
- agaricus — any mushroom of the genus Agaricus, comprising the meadow mushrooms and a commercially grown species, A. brunnescens.
9 letter words starting with ag
- agalactia — absence or failure of secretion of milk
- agamemnon — a king of Mycenae who led the Greeks at the siege of Troy. On his return home he was murdered by his wife Clytemnestra and her lover Aegisthus
- agar-agar — a complex gelatinous carbohydrate obtained from seaweeds, esp those of the genus Gelidium, used as a culture medium for bacteria, a laxative, in food such as ice cream as a thickening agent (E406), etc
- agatelike — Resembling or characteristic of agate.
- agateware — ceramic ware made to resemble agate or marble
10 letter words starting with ag
- agapanthus — a liliaceous plant, Agapanthus africanus, of southern Africa, having rounded clusters of blue or white funnel-shaped flowers
- agathocles — 361–289 b.c, tyrant of Syracuse 317–289.
- agendaless — without an agenda; unplanned; purposeless
- aggeration — A heaping up; accumulation.
- agglutinin — a substance, such as an antibody or a lectin, that causes agglutination of cells or bacteria
11 letter words starting with ag
- agamospermy — formation of seeds in the absence of fertilization; a form of apomixis
- agastrophus — a son of Paeon who was slain by Diomedes.
- agathodemon — Alternative spelling of agathodaemon.
- agelasimine — (organic compound) Any of various adenine-related bicyclic diterpenoids isolated from the orange sponge Agelas mauritania, structurally related to the agelasines.
- agelessness — The state or quality of being ageless.
12 letter words starting with ag
- agalmatolite — a soft, greenish, greyish or yellowish mineral, thought to be a variety of pinite, known particularly for its use by the Chinese for carving
- agamogenesis — asexual reproduction, such as fission or parthenogenesis
- agamogenetic — Of or pertaining to agamogenesis.
- agaricaceous — belonging to the Agaricaceae, a family of fungi including mushrooms having blade-shaped gills on the underside of the cap.
- agathodaemon — A benevolent spirit as opposed to a cacodemon (an evil daemon).
13 letter words starting with ag
- aganglionosis — (medicine) A medical condition involving absence of ganglia.
- agent-general — a representative in London of a Canadian province or an Australian state
- aggiornamento — the process of bringing up to date methods, ideas, etc
- agglomeration — An agglomeration of things is a lot of different things gathered together, often in no particular order or arrangement.
- agglomerative — gathered together into a cluster or mass.
14 letter words starting with ag
- agglomerations — Plural form of agglomeration.
- aggrandisement — an act or instance of aggrandizing, or increasing in size, or intensity: aggrandizement of mercantile trade in the early colonies.
- aggrandization — The act of aggrandizing, or the state of being aggrandized or exalted in power, rank, honor, or wealth; exaltation; enlargement.
- aggrandizement — If someone does something for aggrandizement, they do it in order to get power, wealth, and importance for themselves.
- aggressiveness — characterized by or tending toward unprovoked offensives, attacks, invasions, or the like; militantly forward or menacing: aggressive acts against a neighboring country.
15 letter words starting with ag
- age-appropriate — Something that is age-appropriate is suitable for the age that a person is.
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
- agribusinessman — a person who engages in agribusiness
- agriculturalist — An agriculturalist is someone who is an expert on agriculture and who advises farmers.
- agro-industrial — the large-scale production, processing, and packaging of food using modern equipment and methods.
17 letter words starting with ag
- agathokakological — (nonce word) composed of both good and evil.
18 letter words starting with ag
- agammaglobulinemia — a condition of the blood, either congenital or acquired, in which there is near or complete absence of gamma globulin and a failure of the body to form antibodies, resulting in a frequent occurrence of infectious disease.
- agri-environmental — of or relating to the impact of agricultural practices on the environment
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
22 letter words starting with ag
- agro-industrialization — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
On this page, we collect all words starting with AG. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 625 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with AG. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.