Words starting with ae
2 letter words starting with ae
3 letter words starting with ae
4 letter words starting with ae
5 letter words starting with ae
- aeaea — the island inhabited by Circe.
- aecia — the fruiting body of rust fungi, which bears chainlike or stalked spores.
- aedes — any mosquito of the genus Aedes (formerly Stegomyia) of tropical and subtropical regions, esp A. aegypti, which transmits yellow fever and dengue
- aedon — a daughter of Pandareus who mistakenly killed her son. Zeus took pity on her and turned her into a nightingale.
- aegae — ancient name of Edessa, a market town in Greece: ancient capital of Macedonia. Pop: 15 980 (latest est)
6 letter words starting with ae
- aeacus — a king of Aegina who, after he dies, becomes one of the three judges of the dead in the lower world, with Minos and Rhadamanthus
- aecial — relating to or resembling an aecium
- aecium — a globular or cup-shaped structure in some rust fungi in which aeciospores are produced
- aedile — a magistrate of ancient Rome in charge of public works, games, buildings, and roads
- aedine — relating to mosquitoes of the genus Aedes
7 letter words starting with ae
- aechmea — any of various epiphytic bromeliads of the genus Aechmea, native to tropical America, having stiff, spiny leaves and clusters of red, yellow, or blue flowers: popular as a houseplant.
- aecidia — an aecium in which the spores are always formed in chains and enclosed in a cup-shaped peridium.
- aediles — Plural form of aedile.
- aefauld — single or sole
- aegates — ancient name of Egadi.
8 letter words starting with ae
9 letter words starting with ae
- aedoeagus — aedeagus.
- aegisthus — a cousin to and the murderer of Agamemnon, whose wife Clytemnestra he had seduced. He usurped the kingship of Mycenae until Orestes, Agamemnon's son, returned home and killed him
- aegrotats — Plural form of aegrotat.
- aeolipile — a device illustrating the reactive forces of a gas jet: usually a spherical vessel mounted so as to rotate and equipped with angled exit pipes from which steam within it escapes
- aepyornis — any of the large extinct flightless birds of the genus Aepyornis, remains of which have been found in Madagascar
10 letter words starting with ae
- aeciospore — any of the spores produced in an aecium of the rust fungi, which spread to and infect the primary host
- aeciostage — the period in their life cycle during which certain rust fungi produce aecia
- aedileship — the office of an aedile, or the duration of an aedile's term of office
- aedilitian — one of a board of magistrates in charge of public buildings, streets, markets, games, etc.
- aemulation — Archaic spelling of emulation.
11 letter words starting with ae
- aeciospores — Plural form of aeciospore.
- aegospotami — a river of ancient Thrace that flowed into the Hellespont. At its mouth the Spartan fleet under Lysander defeated the Athenians in 405 bc, ending the Peloponnesian War
- aelurophile — ailurophile.
- aelurophobe — ailurophobe.
- aeneolithic — Chalcolithic.
12 letter words starting with ae
13 letter words starting with ae
- aeroacoustics — the study of the generation and transmittance of sound by fluid flow
- aerodigestive — of or relating to the organs and tissues of the respiratory tract and the upper part of the digestive tract
- aerodontalgia — a toothache caused by lowered barometric pressure, as in high-altitude flight.
- aerodynamical — relating to aerodynamics
- aeroembolisms — Plural form of aeroembolism.
14 letter words starting with ae
15 letter words starting with ae
- aegyptopithecus — a genus of extinct anthropoid ape of the Oligocene Period known from remains found in Egypt.
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
- aerodynamicists — Plural form of aerodynamicist.
16 letter words starting with ae
- aerometeorograph — an aircraft instrument that records temperature, humidity, and atmospheric pressure
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
- aestheticisation — Act or process of aestheticising.
- aestheticization — Alternative form of aestheticisation.
17 letter words starting with ae
- aerobic-exercises — Also called aerobic exercises. (used with a plural verb) any of various sustained exercises, as jogging, rowing, swimming, or cycling, that stimulate and strengthen the heart and lungs, thereby improving the body's utilization of oxygen.
- aerothermodynamic — Of or pertaining to aerothermodynamics.
18 letter words starting with ae
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
On this page, we collect all words starting with AE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 372 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with AE. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.