Words starting with ada
3 letter words starting with ada
- ada — a high-level computer programming language designed for dealing with real-time processing problems: used for military and other systems
- ada 83 — (language) The original Ada, as opposed to Ada 95.
- ada 95 — (language) A revision and extension of Ada (Ada 83) begun in 1988 and completed on 1994-12-01 by a team lead by Tucker Taft of Intermetrics. Chris Anderson was the Project Manager. The printed standard was expected to be available around 1995-02-15. Additions include object-orientation (tagged types, abstract types and class-wide types), hierarchical libraries and synchronisation with shared data (protected types) similar to Orca. It lacks multiple inheritance but supports the construction of multiple inheritance type hierarchies through the use of generics and type composition. You can get the standard from the Ada Joint Program Office.
- ada 9x — (language) The working title for Ada 95 before its adoption as an ISO standard.
- ada core technologies — (company) (ACT) The company that maintains GNAT. Ada Core Technologies was founded in 1994 by the original authors of the GNAT compiler. ACT provides software for Ada 95 development.
4 letter words starting with ada
- adad — a coded card or other device that when inserted into a telephone allows the user to reach a number without dialing.
- adah — one of the two wives of Lamech. Gen. 4:19.
- adak — an island in SW Alaska, in the Andreanof group of the Aleutian Islands.
- adam — the first man, created by God: the progenitor of the human race (Genesis 2–3)
- adar — (in the Jewish calendar) the twelfth month of the year according to biblical reckoning and the sixth month of the civil year, usually falling within February and March. In a leap year, an additional month Adar Rishon (first Adar) is intercalated between Shevat and Adar, and the latter is known as Adar Sheni (second Adar)
5 letter words starting with ada
- ada-o — (language) An Ada subset developed at the University of Karlsruhe in 1979, used for compiler bootstrapping. It lacks overloading, derived types, real numbers, tasks and generics.
- adage — An adage is something which people often say and which expresses a general truth about some aspect of life.
- adam7 — (graphics, algorithm) One of the progressive coding methods used in PNG images. Adam7, named after its author, Adam M. Costello, consists of seven distinct passes over the image. Each pass transmits a subset of the pixels in the image. The pass in which each pixel is transmitted is defined by replicating the following 8-by-8 pattern over the entire image, starting at the top left: 1 6 4 6 2 6 4 6 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 5 6 5 6 5 6 5 6 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 3 6 4 6 3 6 4 6 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 5 6 5 6 5 6 5 6 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 (2000-09-12)
- adama — Admah.
- adami — Edward Fenech. born 1934, Maltese politician, president of Malta (2004–2009)
6 letter words starting with ada
- adabas — (database) A relational database system by Software AG. While it was initially designed for large IBM mainframe systems (e.g. S/370 in the late 1970s), it has been ported to numerous other platforms over the last few years such as several flavors of Unix including AIX. ADABAS stores its data in tables (and is thus "relational") but also uses some non-relational techniques, such as multiple values and periodic groups.
- adages — a traditional saying expressing a common experience or observation; proverb.
- adagio — Adagio written above a piece of music means that it should be played slowly.
- adamas — Admah.
- adamic — pertaining to or suggestive of Adam.
7 letter words starting with ada
- adagial — proverbial
- adagios — Plural form of adagio.
- adaline — (architecture) Name given by Widrow to adaptive linear neurons, that is neurons (see McCulloch-Pitts) which learn using the Widrow-Huff Delta Rule. See also Madaline.
- adamant — If someone is adamant about something, they are determined not to change their mind about it.
- adamawa — a state of Nigeria, in the E on the border with Cameroon. Capital: Yola. Pop: 3 168 101 (2006). Area: 36 917 sq km (14 254 sq miles)
8 letter words starting with ada
- adabazar — former name of Adapazari.
- adamance — a state of resoluteness
- adamancy — a state of resoluteness
- adamsite — a yellow poisonous crystalline solid that readily sublimes; diphenylaminechlorarsine. It is used in chemical warfare as a vomiting agent. Formula: C6H4AsClNHC6H4; relative density: 1.65; melting pt: 195°C; boiling pt: 410°C
- adapters — Plural form of adapter.
9 letter words starting with ada
- adamantly — utterly unyielding in attitude or opinion in spite of all appeals, urgings, etc.
- adamently — Misspelling of adamantly.
- adapazari — city in NW Turkey: pop. 152,000
- adaptable — If you describe a person or animal as adaptable, you mean that they are able to change their ideas or behaviour in order to deal with new situations.
- adaptably — In an adaptable manner.
10 letter words starting with ada
- adactylous — possessing no fingers or toes
- adamakegen — (tool) A program that generates makefiles for Ada programs. Adamakegen was written by Owen O'Malley <[email protected]>. It requires Icon and runs under Verdix and SunAda.
- adamantane — a white crystalline alicyclic hydrocarbon, C 10 H 16 , consisting of four fused cyclohexane rings, with the carbon atoms arranged as in the diamond lattice.
- adamantean — of or relating to adamant
- adamantine — very hard; unbreakable or unyielding
11 letter words starting with ada
12 letter words starting with ada
13 letter words starting with ada
14 letter words starting with ada
15 letter words starting with ada
- adamawa-eastern — a branch of the Niger-Congo family of languages, centered in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, and the Central African Republic, including Sango and Zande.
On this page, we collect all words starting with ADA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 120 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with ADA. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.