Words starting with acti
4 letter words starting with acti
- acti — Plural form of actus.
5 letter words starting with acti
- actin — a protein that participates in many kinds of cell movement, including muscle contraction, during which it interacts with filaments of a second protein, myosin
- actis — a son of Rhoda and Helius who, when banished from his home for fratricide, fled to Egypt, where he taught astrology. The Colossus of Rhodes was built in his honor.
6 letter words starting with acti
- actin- — actino-
- acting — Acting is the activity or profession of performing in plays or films.
- action — Action is doing something for a particular purpose.
- actium — a town of ancient Greece that overlooked the naval battle in 31 bc at which Octavian's fleet under Agrippa defeated that of Mark Antony and Cleopatra
- active — Someone who is active moves around a lot or does a lot of things.
7 letter words starting with acti
- actinal — of or denoting the oral part of a radiate animal, such as a jellyfish, sea anemone, or sponge, from which the rays, tentacles, or arms grow
- actinia — any sea anemone of the genus Actinia, which are common in rock pools
- actinic — (of radiation) producing a photochemical effect
- actinin — a contractile protein of muscle.
- actino- — indicating a radial structure
8 letter words starting with acti
- actinian — belonging or pertaining to the order or suborder Actiniaria, comprising the sea anemones.
- actinide — a member of the actinide series
- actinism — that property of ultraviolet light, X-rays, or other radiations, by which chemical changes are produced
- actinium — a radioactive element of the actinide series, occurring as a decay product of uranium. It is used as an alpha-particle source and in neutron production. Symbol: Ac; atomic no: 89; half-life of most stable isotope,227Ac: 21.6 years; relative density: 10.07; melting pt: 1051°C; boiling pt: 3200 ± 300°C
- actinoid — having a radiate form, as a sea anemone or starfish
9 letter words starting with acti
- actinides — Plural form of actinide.
- actinopod — any protozoan of the phylum Actinopoda, such as a radiolarian or a heliozoan, having stiff radiating cytoplasmic projections
- actionary — (business, obsolete) A shareholder in a joint-stock company.
- actioners — Plural form of actioner.
- actioning — Present participle of action.
10 letter words starting with acti
- actiniform — having radial form; rayed
- actinogram — the record produced by the action of an actinograph.
- actinolite — a green mineral of the amphibole group consisting of calcium magnesium iron silicate. Formula: Ca2(Mg,Fe)5Si8O22(OH)2
- actinology — the science of light rays and their chemical effects
- actinopods — any protozoan of the subclass Actinopoda, including the heliozoans and radiolarians, having stiff, rodlike, radiating pseudopodia.
11 letter words starting with acti
- actinically — In an actinic manner.
- actinodrome — (of a leaf) palmately veined.
- actinograph — a recording actinometer
- actinometer — an instrument for measuring the intensity of radiation, esp of the sun's rays
- actinometry — The measurement of the heating power of electromagnetic radiation, especially that of solar radiation.
12 letter words starting with acti
13 letter words starting with acti
- actinobiology — the branch of biology concerned with the effects of radiation on living organisms
- actinomorphic — (esp of a flower) having radial symmetry, as buttercups
- actinomycetes — Plural form of actinomycete.
- actinomycosis — a fungal disease of cattle and of cats and dogs, sometimes transmitted to humans esp by bites, characterized by a swelling of the affected part, most often the jaw or lungs
- actinotherapy — radiotherapy, especially using ultraviolet rays.
14 letter words starting with acti
15 letter words starting with acti
16 letter words starting with acti
- actinobacillosis — a disease of cattle and sheep, caused by infection with an Actinobacillus lignieresii and characterized by soft tissue lesions, esp of the tongue
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- actinopterygians — Plural form of actinopterygian.
On this page, we collect all words starting with ACTI. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 171 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with ACTI. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.