Words starting with acro
4 letter words starting with acro
- acro — Of or pertaining to something that combines acrobatic elements with that of something else.
5 letter words starting with acro
6 letter words starting with acro
- across — If someone or something goes across a place or a boundary, they go from one side of it to the other.
- acrost — Eye dialect of across.
- across country — If you travel across country, you travel through country areas, avoiding major roads and towns.
- across the board — If a policy or a situation applies across the board, it affects everything or everyone in a particular group.
- across the way — If something is across the way, it is nearby on the opposite side of a road or area.
7 letter words starting with acro
- acrobat — a person noted for his frequent and rapid changes of position or allegiances
- acrogen — any flowerless plant, such as a fern or moss, in which growth occurs from the tip of the main stem
- acronic — acronical
- acronym — An acronym is a word composed of the first letters of the words in a phrase, especially when this is used as a name. An example of an acronym is NATO which is made up of the first letters of the 'North Atlantic Treaty Organization'.
- acroter — a plinth bearing a statue, etc, at either end or at the apex of a pediment
8 letter words starting with acro
- acrobats — Plural form of acrobat.
- acrodont — (of the teeth of some reptiles) having no roots and being fused at the base to the margin of the jawbones
- acrolect — the most standard form of language
- acrolein — a colourless or yellowish flammable poisonous pungent liquid used in the manufacture of resins and pharmaceuticals. Formula: CH2:CHCHO
- acrolith — (esp in ancient Greek sculpture) a wooden, often draped figure with only the head, hands, and feet in stone
9 letter words starting with acro
- acrobatic — An acrobatic movement or display involves difficult physical acts such as jumping and balancing, especially in a circus.
- acrodonts — Plural form of acrodont.
- acrodrome — (of the veins of a leaf) running parallel to the edges of the leaf and fusing at the tip
- acrodynia — (pathology) An epidemic disease of the skin characterized by increased sensibility of the soles and palms, with pricking sensations in them and rheumatoid pains in the hands and feet.
- acrolects — Plural form of acrolect.
10 letter words starting with acro
- acroamatic — relating to oral communication
- acrobatics — Acrobatics are acrobatic movements.
- acrobatism — the art, or feats, of the acrobat
- acrogenous — (botany) Increasing by growth from the extremity.
- acrogynous — having the female reproductive organ arising from the apical cell of the stem, thereby terminating its growth, as certain liverworts.
11 letter words starting with acro
- acroamatics — Esoteric lectures.
- acrocarpous — (of mosses) having clustered upright stems and the reproductive parts borne at the tip of a stem
- acrocentric — (of a chromosome) having the centromere at one end
- acrocephaly — oxycephaly
- acrochordon — (medicine) A soft, pedunculated or pensile wart, consisting of myomatous or edematous fibrous tissue, often found on the neck or eyelids of elderly persons.
12 letter words starting with acro
13 letter words starting with acro
15 letter words starting with acro
- acroanaesthesia — (pathology) Loss of sensation in the extremities.
16 letter words starting with acro
17 letter words starting with acro
- acromioclavicular — (anatomy) Pertaining to both the acromion and the clavicle.
On this page, we collect all words starting with ACRO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 88 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with ACRO. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.