Words starting with aci
4 letter words starting with aci
- acia — Asynchronous Communications Interface Adapter
- acid — An acid is a chemical substance, usually a liquid, which contains hydrogen and can react with other substances to form salts. Some acids burn or dissolve other substances that they come into contact with.
- acii — Associate of the Chartered Insurance Institute
- acis — a Sicilian shepherd and the lover of the nymph Galatea. In jealousy, Polyphemus crushed him with a huge rock, and his blood was turned by Galatea into a river
- acid anhydride — a compound formed by removing water from a more complex compound: an oxide of a nonmetal (acid anhydride) or a metal (basic anhydride) that forms an acid or a base, respectively, when united with water.
5 letter words starting with aci
6 letter words starting with aci
- acidic — Acidic substances contain acid.
- acidly — Chemistry. a compound usually having a sour taste and capable of neutralizing alkalis and reddening blue litmus paper, containing hydrogen that can be replaced by a metal or an electropositive group to form a salt, or containing an atom that can accept a pair of electrons from a base. Acids are proton donors that yield hydronium ions in water solution, or electron-pair acceptors that combine with electron-pair donors or bases.
- acinar — of or relating to any of the terminal saclike portions of a compound gland
- acinus — any of the terminal saclike portions of a compound gland
7 letter words starting with aci
8 letter words starting with aci
9 letter words starting with aci
- aciculate — having aciculae
- acid-fast — (of bacteria and tissues) resistant to decolorization by mineral acids after staining
- acid-head — a person who habitually takes the drug LSD.
- acidaemia — (medicine) a medical condition marked by an abnormally high concentration of hydrogen ions in a person's blood.
- acidaemic — Pertaining to, or afflicted with, acidaemia.
10 letter words starting with aci
11 letter words starting with aci
- acid-loving — (of a plant) requiring a pH of 4.5 to 5.5 for optimal growth.
- acid-washed — (of a denim garment) processed with a bleach solution so that the color becomes faded and grayish.
- acidanthera — any plant of the African cormous genus Acidanthera, cultivated for its graceful tubular white and red or white and purple flowers, often scented: family Iridaceae
- acidimeters — Plural form of acidimeter.
- acidimetric — (chemistry) Describing a titration in which the titrant is an acid.
12 letter words starting with aci
13 letter words starting with aci
- acidification — The act or process of making something sour (acidifying), or changing into an acid.
- acidulousness — A state of or tendency toward being acidulous or somewhat sour or acid.
- acinetobacter — a bacterium that causes infections such as pneumonia, particularly in people who have a compromised immune system
On this page, we collect all words starting with ACI. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 105 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with ACI. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.