Words starting with acet
6 letter words starting with acet
- acetal — 1,1-diethoxyethane; a colourless volatile liquid used as a solvent and in perfumes. Formula: CH3CH(OC2H5)2
- acetic — of, containing, producing, or derived from acetic acid or vinegar
- acetin — any of three types of liquid acetate, formed from glycerol and acetic acid, chiefly used in explosives and solvents
- aceto- — containing an acetyl group or derived from acetic acid
- acetum — a solution that has dilute acetic acid as solvent
7 letter words starting with acet
- acetals — Plural form of acetal.
- acetate — Acetate is a shiny artificial material, sometimes used for making clothes or records.
- acetify — to become or cause to become acetic acid or vinegar
- acetoin — a yellowish, pleasant-smelling liquid, C 4 H 8 O 2 , obtained from various carbohydrates, as glucose, by fermentation: used chiefly in the manufacture of flavors and essences.
- acetone — Acetone is a type of solvent.
8 letter words starting with acet
9 letter words starting with acet
- acetaldol — aldol (def 1).
- acetamide — a white or colourless soluble deliquescent crystalline compound, used in the manufacture of organic chemicals. Formula: CH3CONH2
- acetified — Simple past tense and past participle of acetify.
- acetifies — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of acetify.
- acetylate — to introduce an acetyl group into (a chemical compound)
10 letter words starting with acet
11 letter words starting with acet
- acetabulums — Plural form of acetabulum.
- acetanilide — a white crystalline powder used in the manufacture of dyes and rubber, as an analgesic in medicine, and as a precursor in penicillin manufacture. Formula: C6H5NHCOCH3
- acetoacetic — (organic chemistry) Of or pertaining to acetoacetic acid or its derivatives.
- acetobacter — any of several ellipsoidal or rodshaped aerobic bacteria of the genus Acetobacter, certain species of which are used in making vinegar.
- acetylating — Present participle of acetylate.
12 letter words starting with acet
- acetaldehyde — a colourless volatile pungent liquid, miscible with water, used in the manufacture of organic compounds and as a solvent and reducing agent. Formula: CH3CHO
- acetoacetate — (organic chemistry) Any salt or ester of acetoacetic acid.
- acetonitrile — a colourless organic chemical, CH3CN, used chiefly as a solvent
- acetophenone — a colorless liquid, C 8 H 8 O, having a sweet odor: used chiefly as a scent in the manufacture of perfume.
- acetostearin — a waxlike, nongreasy solid, C 23 H 44 O 5 : used chiefly as a food preservative and as a plasticizer.
13 letter words starting with acet
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- acetaminophen — a white crystalline powder, CH3CONHC6H4OH, used for reducing fever and relieving pain
- acetanisidine — methacetin.
- acetate-rayon — Chemistry. a salt or ester of acetic acid.
- acetazolamide — a drug which operates by blocking the production of hydrogen ions and hydrogen carbonate, used to treat various conditions including epilepsy and glaucoma
14 letter words starting with acet
- acetylcysteine — a substance, C 5 H 9 NO 3 S, used in solution as an inhalant to dissolve mucus in the treatment of chronic bronchitis, asthma, and emphysema and also used as an antidote in acetaminophen poisoning.
15 letter words starting with acet
16 letter words starting with acet
20 letter words starting with acet
On this page, we collect all words starting with ACET. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 84 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with ACET. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.