Words starting with academ
7 letter words starting with academ
- academe — The academic world of universities is sometimes referred to as academe.
- academy — Academy is sometimes used in the names of schools and colleges, especially those specializing in particular subjects or skills, or private high schools in the United States.
- academy award — any of the annual awards for artistic and technical achievement given by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
8 letter words starting with academ
- academes — the campus activity, life, and interests of a college or university; the academic world.
- academia — Academia refers to all the academics in a particular country or region, the institutions they work in, and their work.
- academic — Academic is used to describe things that relate to the work done in schools, colleges, and universities, especially work which involves studying and reasoning rather than practical or technical skills.
- academus — an Arcadian whose estate became a meeting place for Athenian philosophers.
- academic advisor — a faculty member who helps and advises students on academic matters, such as planning their academic career
9 letter words starting with academ
- academese — pedantic, pretentious, and often confusing academic jargon: a presumably scholarly article written in incomprehensible academese.
- academian — (historical, obsolete) A follower of w Plato. (Attested from the mid 16th century until the late 17th century.)Brown, Lesley, ed. The Shorter Oxford English Dictionary. 5th. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2003.
- academics — of or relating to a college, academy, school, or other educational institution, especially one for higher education: academic requirements.
- academies — Plural form of academy.
- academise — to reduce (a subject) to a rigid set of rules, principles, precepts, etc.: futile attempts to academize the visual arts.
10 letter words starting with academ
- academical — academic.
11 letter words starting with academ
- academicals — traditional academic clothing; cap and gown
- academician — An academician is a member of an academy, usually one which has been formed to improve or maintain standards in a particular field.
- academicism — adherence to rules and traditions in art, literature, etc; conventionalism
- academicize — academize.
12 letter words starting with academ
15 letter words starting with academ
- academicianship — A membership in a national academy of arts or sciences.
On this page, we collect all words starting with ACADEM. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 33 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with ACADEM. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.