Words starting with aber
4 letter words starting with aber
- aber — (in Wales) an estuary, or the mouth of a river
7 letter words starting with aber
- aberfan — a former coal-mining village in S Wales, in Merthyr Tydfil county borough: scene of a disaster in 1966 when a slag heap collapsed onto part of the village killing 144 people (including 116 children)
- abermud — (games) The first popular open source MUD. The first version of AberMUD, named after Aberystwyth, UK, was written in B by Alan Cox, Richard Acott, Jim Finnis, and Leon Thrane, at University of Wales, Aberystwyth for an old Honeywell mainframe and opened in 1987. The gameplay was heavily influenced by MUD1, written by Roy Trubshaw and Richard Bartle, which Alan Cox had played at the University of Essex. In late 1988, Alan Cox ported AberMUD to C so it could run under UNIX on Southampton University's Maths machines. This version was named AberMUD2. Various other versions followed.
8 letter words starting with aber
- aberdare — a town in South Wales, in Rhondda Cynon Taff county borough. Pop: 31 705 (2001)
- aberdeen — a city in NE Scotland, on the North Sea: centre for processing North Sea oil and gas; university (1494). Pop: 184 788 (2001)
- aberrant — Aberrant means unusual and not socially acceptable.
- aberrate — to deviate from what is normal or correct
- aberdeen angus — a black hornless breed of beef cattle originating in Scotland
9 letter words starting with aber
10 letter words starting with aber
- aberdevine — a former name for the siskin, when kept as a cagebird
- aberdonian — a native or inhabitant of Aberdeen
- aberrantly — in an aberrant manner
- aberration — An aberration is an incident or way of behaving that is not typical.
- aberrative — Descriptive of an object or measurement that has deviated or been knocked, momentarily and sharply, from the more dominant, normal or expected course or trajectory to which it either has or is expected to return in the longer term.
11 letter words starting with aber
- abercrombie — Sir (Leslie) Patrick. 1879–1957, British town planner and architect, best known for The County of London Plan (1943) and The Greater London Plan (1944)
- aberrancies — departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
- aberrations — Plural form of aberration.
- aberystwyth — a resort and university town in Wales, in Ceredigion on Cardigan Bay. Pop: 15 935 (2001)
12 letter words starting with aber
- aberrational — characterized by aberration
13 letter words starting with aber
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
On this page, we collect all words starting with ABER. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 25 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with ABER. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.