Words starting with ab
2 letter words starting with ab
3 letter words starting with ab
- ab- — away from; off; outside of; opposite to
- aba — a type of cloth from Syria, made of goat hair or camel hair
- abb — the yarn used for the warp
- abc — The ABC of a subject or activity is the parts of it that you have to learn first because they are the most important and basic.
- abd — all but dissertation: the stage at which a postgraduate doctoral student has completed the preparatory coursework and examinations for their doctorate, but has not yet completed a PhD dissertation
4 letter words starting with ab
- abab — A Turkish sailor who plies in coasting craft.
- abac — (mathematics) A nomogram.
- abas — Plural form of aba.
- abay — (obsolete) Barking or baying of dogs at their prey. (Attested from around (1150 to 1350) until the late 17th century.).
- abba — Swedish pop group (1972–82): comprised Benny Andersson (born 1946), Agnetha Faltskog (born 1950), Anni-Frid Lyngstad (born 1945), and Bjorn Ulvaeus (born 1945); numerous hit singles included "Waterloo" (1974), "Dancing Queen" (1977), and "The Winner Takes It All" (1980)
5 letter words starting with ab
- abaat — Eye dialect of about.
- abaca — a Philippine plant, Musa textilis, related to the banana: family Musaceae. Its leafstalks are the source of Manila hemp
- abaci — a device for making arithmetic calculations, consisting of a frame set with rods on which balls or beads are moved.
- aback — towards the back; backwards
- abaco — two islands (Great Abaco and Little Abaco) in the N Bahamas. 776 sq. mi. (2010 sq. km).
6 letter words starting with ab
- abacas — Plural form of abaca.
- abacot — (obsolete) misspelling of bycoket.
- abacus — An abacus is a frame used for counting. It has rods with sliding beads on them.
- abadan — a port in SW Iran, on an island in the Shatt-al-Arab delta. Pop: 307 000 (2005 est)
- abakan — a city in S central Russia, capital of the Khakass Republic, at the confluence of the Yenisei and Abakan Rivers. Pop: 167 000 (2005 est)
7 letter words starting with ab
8 letter words starting with ab
- abaculus — abaciscus.
- abacuses — Plural form of abacus.
- abailard — Pierre [pyer] /pyɛr/ (Show IPA), Abélard.
- abalones — a large mollusk of the genus Haliotis, having a bowllike shell bearing a row of respiratory holes, the flesh of which is used for food and the shell for ornament and as a source of mother-of-pearl.
- abampere — the cgs unit of current in the electromagnetic system; the constant current that, when flowing through two parallel straight infinitely long conductors 1 centimetre apart, will produce a force between them of 2 dynes per centimetre: equivalent to 10 amperes
9 letter words starting with ab
- abacinate — (transitive, rare) To blind by holding a red-hot metal rod or plate before the eyes.
- abaciscus — Architecture. a small abacus.
- abactinal — (of organisms showing radial symmetry) situated away from or opposite to the mouth; aboral
- abafungin — A broad-spectrum antifungal agent with a novel mechanism of action for the treatment of dermatomycosis.
- abamperes — Plural form of abampere.
10 letter words starting with ab
- abacterial — not caused by or characterized by the presence of bacteria
- abalienate — (civil law, transitive) To transfer the title of from one to another; to alienate.
- abandoning — to leave completely and finally; forsake utterly; desert: to abandon one's farm; to abandon a child; to abandon a sinking ship.
- abaptiston — Surgery. a cone-shaped trephine designed to avoid penetration of the brain when incising the skull.
- abasements — Plural form of abasement.
11 letter words starting with ab
- abacination — The act of abacinating, of blinding with the light from hot metal.
- abandonedly — in an unrestrained manner
- abandonment — The abandonment of a place, thing, or person is the act of leaving it permanently or for a long time, especially when you should not do so.
- abandonness — The state, quality, or condition of abandon; abandonment.
- abandonware — computer software which is no longer sold or supported by its publisher
12 letter words starting with ab
- abandonments — Plural form of abandonment.
- abbreviately — In an abbreviate way.
- abbreviating — Present participle of abbreviate.
- abbreviation — An abbreviation is a short form of a word or phrase, made by leaving out some of the letters or by using only the first letter of each word.
- abbreviatory — shortening
13 letter words starting with ab
- abandonedness — The state or quality of being abandoned.
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- abibliophobia — (humorous) Fear of running out of things to read.
- abiogenically — in a way that does not involve living organisms
14 letter words starting with ab
- abarticulation — (anatomy) An articulation, especially one that permits free motion in the joint; a hinge joint.
- abdominopelvic — (anatomy) Of or pertaining to the abdomen and (the cavity of) the pelvis.
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- abominableness — the state or quality of being abominable; loathsomeness
- aboriculturist — One skilled in arboricultural matters; one who plants, tends and maintains trees.
15 letter words starting with ab
16 letter words starting with ab
18 letter words starting with ab
- abortion-on-demand — the right of a woman to have an abortion during the first six months of a pregnancy.
20 letter words starting with ab
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
On this page, we collect all words starting with AB. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1080 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with AB. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.