Words starting with 5
2 letter words starting with 5
- 56 kbps — (communications) (56 kilobits per second) The data capacity of a normal single channel digital telephone channel in North America. The figure is derived from the bandwidth of 4 kHz allocated for such a channel and the 16-bit encoding (4000 times 16 = 64000) used to change analogue signals to digital, minus the 8000 bit/s used for signalling and supervision. At the end of 1997 there were two rival modem designs capable of this rate: k56flex and US Robotics' X2. In February 1998 the ITU proposed a 56kbps standard called V.90, which is expected to be formally approved during September 1998.
3 letter words starting with 5
- 586 — (processor) What Intel's Pentium was not called.
- 5nf — database normalisation
- 56k line — (communications) A digital connection (possibly a leased line, possibly switched) capable of carrying 56 kbps. Compare DS0.
- 5th glove — (hardware, virtual reality) A data glove and flexor strip kit (5th Glove DFK) sold by Fifth Dimension Technologies for $495 ($345 for the left-handed version, $45 for each extra flexor strip). The DFK provides a data glove, a flexon strip (with an elbow or knee-joint sensor), an interface card, cables, and KineMusica software. The package uses flexible optical-bending sensing to track hand and arm movement. The glove can be used with 5DT's ultrasonic tracking system, the 5DT Head and Hand tracker ($245), which can track movement from up to two metres away from the unit's transmitter.
4 letter words starting with 5
- 5ess — Number 5 Electronic Switching System
7 letter words starting with 5
- 51forth — (language) A subroutine-threaded Forth for the 8051 by Scott Gehmlich. It comes with source and documentation.
On this page, we collect all words starting with letter 5. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 7 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with 5. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.