Words ending with yne
4 letter words ending with yne
- -yne — denoting an organic chemical containing a triple bond
- dyne — A unit of force that, acting on a mass of one gram, increases its velocity by one centimeter per second every second along the direction that it acts.
- eyne — (obsolete) Plural form of eye.
- gyne — The primary reproductive female caste of social insects (especially ants, wasps, and bees), those destined to become queens.
- kyne — cows
5 letter words ending with yne
- boyne — a river in the E Republic of Ireland, rising in the Bog of Allen and flowing northeast to the Irish Sea: William III of England defeated the deposed James II in a battle (Battle of the Boyne) on its banks in 1690, completing the overthrow of the Stuart cause in Ireland. Length: about 112 km (70 miles)
- coyne — Obsolete spelling of coin.
- gayne — (obsolete) To gain; to avail.
- heyne — (obsolete) A wretch; a rascal.
- jayne — a female given name.
6 letter words ending with yne
7 letter words ending with yne
8 letter words ending with yne
- aerodyne — any heavier-than-air machine, such as an aircraft, that derives the greater part of its lift from aerodynamic forces
- autodyne — denoting or relating to an electrical circuit in which the same elements and valves are used as oscillator and detector
- burgoyne — John. 1722–92, British general in the War of American Independence who was forced to surrender at Saratoga (1777)
- charlyne — a female given name, form of Caroline.
- cockayne — a fabled land of luxury and idleness.
9 letter words ending with yne
- acesodyne — mitigating pain; anodyne.
- amplidyne — an electrodynamic amplifier which uses a small electrical signal to control the position of a large motor
- androgyne — an androgynous plant or animal
- mnemosyne — the ancient Greek goddess of memory, a daughter of Uranus and Gaea and the mother by Zeus of the Muses.
10 letter words ending with yne
- ballantyne — R(obert) M(ichael). 1825–94, British author, noted for such adventure stories as The Coral Island (1857)
- chlorodyne — a drug, containing chloroform among other ingredients, with sedative, narcotic and pain-relieving properties
- courantyne — a river in N South America, rising in S Guyana and flowing north to the Atlantic, forming the boundary between Guyana and Surinam. Length: 765 km (475 miles)
- ergatogyne — a wingless, worker-like ant with female characteristics
- euphrosyne — one of the three Graces
15 letter words ending with yne
- superheterodyne — denoting, pertaining to, or using a method of processing received radio or video signals in which an incoming modulated wave is changed by the heterodyne process into a lower-frequency wave and then subjected to amplification and subsequent detection.
17 letter words ending with yne
- ashton-under-lyne — a town in NW England, in Tameside unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 43 236 (2001)
On this page, we collect all words that ending in YNE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 54 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in YNE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.