Words ending with yle
4 letter words ending with yle
5 letter words ending with yle
- bayle — Pierre (pjɛr). 1647–1706, French philosopher and critic, noted for his Dictionnaire historique et critique (1697), which profoundly influenced Voltaire and the French Encyclopedists
- beyle — Marie Henri [ma-ree ahn-ree] /maˈri ɑ̃ˈri/ (Show IPA) real name of Stendhal.
- boyle — Robert. 1627–91, Irish scientist who helped to dissociate chemistry from alchemy. He established that air has weight and studied the behaviour of gases; author of The Sceptical Chymist (1661)
- chyle — a milky fluid composed of lymph and emulsified fat globules, formed in the small intestine during digestion
- doyle — Sir Arthur Conan [kaw-nuh n,, koh-] /ˈkɔ nən,, ˈkoʊ-/ (Show IPA), 1859–1930, British physician, novelist, and detective-story writer.
6 letter words ending with yle
- -style — -style combines with nouns and adjectives to form adjectives which describe the style or characteristics of something.
- argyle — made of knitted or woven material with a diamond-shaped pattern of two or more colours
- cotyle — a cavity that resembles a cup
- kabyle — a member of a branch of the Berber people dwelling in NE Algeria.
- quayle — James Danforth ("Dan") born 1947, vice president of the U.S. 1989–93.
7 letter words ending with yle
- apopyle — (in sponges) a pore in each of the saclike chambers formed by the evagination of the body wall, through which water passes into the excurrent canals.
- carlyle — Robert. born 1961, Scottish actor; his work includes the television series Cracker and Hamish Macbeth and the films Trainspotting (1996), The Full Monty (1997), The Beach (2000), and 28 Weeks Later (2007)
- condyle — the rounded projection on the articulating end of a bone, such as the ball portion of a ball-and-socket joint
- distyle — having two columns.
- enstyle — to give a name to
8 letter words ending with yle
- diastyle — having columns about three diameters apart
- epistyle — architrave (sense 1)
- gargoyle — a grotesquely carved figure of a human or animal.
- gurgoyle — Alternative form of gargoyle.
- misstyle — a particular kind, sort, or type, as with reference to form, appearance, or character: the baroque style; The style of the house was too austere for their liking.
9 letter words ending with yle
- antistyle — a style that rejects or subverts conventional style
- areostyle — (of columned buildings) having a wide intercolumniation equal to four or more diameters of one of the columns
- decastyle — a portico consisting of ten columns
- endostyle — (zoology) A longitudinal ciliated groove on the ventral wall of the pharynx which produces mucus to gather food particles, found in urochordates and cephalochordates and in the larvae of lampreys.
- freestyle — Swimming. competition in which any of the standard strokes may be used, according to the swimmer's choice. the crawl.
10 letter words ending with yle
- araeostyle — having an intercolumniation of four diameters.
- cyclostyle — a kind of pen with a small toothed wheel, used for cutting minute holes in a specially prepared stencil. Copies of the design so formed can be printed on a duplicator by forcing ink through the holes
- cyrtostyle — a convex portico, as at an entrance.
- enneastyle — having nine pillars
- epicondyle — (anatomy) A protuberance above the condyle of a bone to which ligaments or tendons are attached.
11 letter words ending with yle
- blastochyle — the fluid in a blastocoel
- blastostyle — the central rodlike portion of a gonangium, upon which buds that develop into medusae are formed.
- boxer-style — cut or fashioned in the style of boxer shorts: men's boxer-style bathing suits.
- disentrayle — to pass out as if from the entrails
- dodecastyle — having 12 columns.
12 letter words ending with yle
- alpine-style — of or in an ascent (esp in high mountains like the Himalayas) in which the climbers carry all their equipment with them in a single ascent from base to summit
- araeosystyle — (of columned buildings) having an alternately very wide and very narrow intercolumniation
- artiodactyle — (zoology) One of the Artiodactyla, a group of ungulates.
- counterstyle — an opposing style
- duodecastyle — dodecastyle.
13 letter words ending with yle
- amphiprostyle — (esp of a classical temple) having a set of columns at both ends but not at the sides
14 letter words ending with yle
- pseudoprostyle — having a colonnade at each end, either very close to the front wall or engaged in it.
15 letter words ending with yle
- cafeteria-style — set up to allow a variety of choices.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in YLE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 133 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in YLE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.