Words ending with w
1 letter words ending with w
2 letter words ending with w
3 letter words ending with w
4 letter words ending with w
- alow — in or into the lower rigging of a vessel, near the deck
- anew — If you do something anew, you do it again, often in a different way from before.
- auew — Amalgamated Union of Engineering Workers
- avow — If you avow something, you admit it or declare it.
- basw — British Association of Social Workers
5 letter words ending with w
- aglow — If something is aglow, it is shining and bright with a soft, warm light.
- agnew — Spiro (ˈspɪərəʊ) Theodore. 1918–96, US Republican politician; vice president (1969–73)
- allow — If someone is allowed to do something, it is all right for them to do it and they will not get into trouble.
- arrow — An arrow is a long thin weapon which is sharp and pointed at one end and which often has feathers at the other end. An arrow is shot from a bow.
- askew — Something that is askew is not straight or not level with what it should be level with.
6 letter words ending with w
- andrew — Saint. one of the twelve apostles of Jesus; the brother of Peter; patron saint of Scotland. Feast day: Nov 30
- anyhow — Anyhow means the same as anyway.
- barlow — a large strong pocket-knife with a single blade
- barrow — A barrow is the same as a wheelbarrow.
- bartow — a city in central Florida.
7 letter words ending with w
- aerotow — to tow (an aircraft) through the air.
- aircrew — The aircrew on a plane are the pilot and other people who are responsible for flying it and for looking after any passengers who are on it.
- airflow — The airflow around an object or vehicle is the way that the air flows around it.
- airglow — the faint light from the upper atmosphere in the night sky, esp in low latitudes
- airshow — An airshow is an event at which aeroplane pilots entertain the public by performing very skilful and complicated movements with the aircraft in the sky.
8 letter words ending with w
- airscrew — an aircraft propeller
- aquashow — an exhibition of swimming and diving, often accompanied by music
- backflow — a reverse flow, the movement (of a liquid) in the opposite direction to its previous, natural or intended direction
- bangalow — an Australian palm, Archontophoenix cunninghamiana, native to New South Wales and Queensland
- bedstraw — any of numerous rubiaceous plants of the genus Galium, which have small white or yellow flowers and prickly or hairy fruits: some species formerly used as straw for beds as they are aromatic when dry
9 letter words ending with w
- afterglow — The afterglow is the glow that remains after a light has gone, for example after the sun has gone down.
- aftershow — a party held after a public performance of a play or film
- alpenglow — a reddish light on the summits of snow-covered mountain peaks at sunset or sunrise
- bedfellow — You refer to two things or people as bedfellows when they have become associated or related in some way.
- brand-new — A brand-new object is completely new.
10 letter words ending with w
- axial-flow — having a fluid flow parallel to an axis of rotation, as in a turbine.
- bear's-paw — a clam of the genus Hippopus, having a ridged, white shell with purplish-red spots.
- breastplow — a cultivator moved forward by a person pressing the chest against a crossbar.
- cat's-claw — an acacia shrub (Acacia greggii) native to the Southwest and northern Mexico, having spikes of yellow flowers and thorns resembling claws
- common-law — of, relating to, or established by common law: a common-law spouse.
11 letter words ending with w
- amperes-law — the law that a magnetic field induced by an electric current is, at any point, directly proportional to the product of the current intensity and the length of the current conductor, inversely proportional to the square of the distance between the point and the conductor, and perpendicular to the plane joining the point and the conductor.
- bartholomew — one of the twelve apostles (Matthew 10:3). Feast day: Aug 24 or June 11
- bastard-saw — plain-saw.
- blackfellow — Australian Aborigine
- clapperclaw — to claw or scratch with the hands and nails
12 letter words ending with w
- autorickshaw — (in India) a light three-wheeled vehicle driven by a motorcycle engine
- blow-by-blow — A blow-by-blow account of an event describes every stage of it in great detail.
- counter-view — an opposing or contrasting opinion.
- false-mildew — Also called false mildew. any fungus of the family Peronosporaceae, causing many plant diseases and producing a white, downy mass of conidiophores, usually on the under surface of the leaves of the host plant.
- great-nephew — a son of one's nephew or niece; grandnephew.
13 letter words ending with w
- chew-'n'-spew — any fast-food restaurant considered to be serving poor quality food
- concertgebouw — a concert hall in Amsterdam, inaugurated in 1888: the Concertgebouw Orchestra established in 1888, has been independent of the hall since World War II
- father-in-law — the father of one's husband or wife.
- mother-in-law — the mother of one's husband or wife.
- parent-in-law — the father or mother of one's wife or husband.
14 letter words ending with w
15 letter words ending with w
16 letter words ending with w
17 letter words ending with w
18 letter words ending with w
- chuck-will's-widow — a large North American nightjar, Caprimulgus carolinensis, similar to the whippoorwill
21 letter words ending with w
- lotus-of-the-true-law — a Mahayana sutra, forming with its references to Amida and the Bodhisattvas the basis for the doctrine that there is something of Buddha in everyone, so that salvation is universally available: a central text of Mahayana Buddhism.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in letter W. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1789 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in W that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.