Words ending with ut
2 letter words ending with ut
- ut — the syllable once generally used for the first tone or keynote of a scale and sometimes for the tone C: now commonly superseded by do.
3 letter words ending with ut
- aut — Association of University Teachers
- but — You use but to introduce something which contrasts with what you have just said, or to introduce something which adds to what you have just said.
- cut — If you cut something, you use a knife or a similar tool to divide it into pieces, or to mark it or damage it. If you cut a shape or a hole in something, you make the shape or hole by using a knife or similar tool.
- gut — the alimentary canal, especially between the pylorus and the anus, or some portion of it. Compare foregut, midgut, hindgut.
- hut — a small or humble dwelling of simple construction, especially one made of natural materials, as of logs or grass.
4 letter words ending with ut
- abut — When land or a building abuts something or abuts on something, it is next to it.
- bhut — a type of ghost or spirit
- bout — If you have a bout of an illness or of an unpleasant feeling, you have it for a short period.
- brut — (of champagne) not sweet; dry
- cnut — a.d. 994?–1035, Danish king of England 1017–35; of Denmark 1018–35; and of Norway 1028–35.
5 letter words ending with ut
- about — You use about to introduce who or what something relates to or concerns.
- aleut — a member of a people inhabiting the Aleutian Islands and SW Alaska, related to the Inuit
- amaut — a hood on an Inuit woman's parka for carrying a child
- asyut — an ancient city in central Egypt, on the Nile. Pop: 417 000 (2005 est)
- bahut — a portable, decorative chest, often with a round lid, primarily used for transporting clothing
6 letter words ending with ut
- ablaut — vowel gradation, esp in Indo-European languages
- anlaut — initial position in a word, especially as a conditioning environment in sound change.
- assiut — Asyut
- barbut — an open-faced Italian helmet made from one piece of metal and reaching the shoulders
- beirut — the capital of Lebanon, a port on the Mediterranean: part of the Ottoman Empire from the 16th century until 1918; many universities (including Lebanese, American, French, and Arab). Pop: 1 875 000 (2005 est)
7 letter words ending with ut
- all-out — You use all-out to describe actions that are carried out in a very energetic and determined way, using all the resources available.
- auslaut — final position in a word, especially as a conditioning environment in sound change.
- autoput — a motorway in the former Yugoslavia
- bailout — A bailout of an organization or individual that has financial problems is the act of helping them by giving them money.
- bakhmut — former name of Artemovsk.
8 letter words ending with ut
- ach-laut — the voiceless velar fricative sound that is written as ch in Scottish loch or in German ach, often allophonic with the ich-laut
- aeronaut — a person who flies in a lighter-than-air craft, esp the pilot or navigator
- aquanaut — a person who lives and works underwater
- argonaut — one of the heroes who sailed with Jason in quest of the Golden Fleece
- beat-out — to strike violently or forcefully and repeatedly.
9 letter words ending with ut
- astronaut — An astronaut is a person who is trained for travelling in a spacecraft.
- bitternut — an E North American hickory tree, Carya cordiformis, with thin-shelled nuts and bitter kernels
- burnt-out — Burnt-out vehicles or buildings have been so badly damaged by fire that they can no longer be used.
- butternut — a walnut tree, Juglans cinerea of E North America
- candlenut — a euphorbiaceous tree, Aleurites mollucana, of tropical Asia and Polynesia
10 letter words ending with ut
- bladdernut — any temperate shrub or small tree of the genus Staphylea, esp S. pinnata of S Europe, that has bladder-like seed pods: family Staphyleaceae
- bombed-out — A bombed-out building has been damaged or destroyed by a bomb.
- borgerhout — a town in N Belgium, near Antwerp. Pop: 40 142 (2002 est)
- burned-out — consumed; rendered unserviceable or ineffectual by maximum use: a burned-out tube.
- circle-out — a closed plane curve consisting of all points at a given distance from a point within it called the center. Equation: x 2 + y 2 = r 2 .
11 letter words ending with ut
- breechclout — a cloth worn about the breech and loins; loincloth.
- chucker-out — a person employed at a club, pub, disco, etc, to throw out drunks or troublemakers and stop those considered undesirable from entering
- clapped-out — If you describe a person or a machine as clapped-out, you mean that they are old and no longer able to work properly.
- connecticut — a state of the northeastern US, in New England. Capital: Hartford. Pop: 3 483 372 (2003 est). Area: 12 973 sq km (5009 sq miles)
- dasht-e-lut — vast desert region of central and SE Iran, extending southward from the Dasht-e-Kavir
12 letter words ending with ut
- cape-lookout — Cape, a sandy reef in the Outer Banks, off E North Carolina, SW of Cape Hatteras: lighthouse.
- down-and-out — without any money, or means of support, or prospects; destitute; penniless.
- input/output — the process of input or output, encompassing the devices, techniques, media, and data used: A good first step in designing a program is to define the input/output.
- straight-out — without a bend, angle, or curve; not curved; direct: a straight path.
- stressed-out — afflicted with or incapacitated by stress.
13 letter words ending with ut
- brilliant-cut — a cut intended to enhance the brilliance of a gem with the least possible sacrifice of weight, characterized by a form resembling two pyramids set base to base, truncated so as to give a broad table and a very small culet, and having from 18 to 104 facets, 58 being typical.
- open-and-shut — immediately obvious upon consideration; easily decided: an open-and-shut case of murder.
- passe-partout — something that passes everywhere or provides a universal means of passage.
- self-checkout — A self-checkout is a checkout where customers scan, pack and pay for their goods in a store without being served by a sales associate.
14 letter words ending with ut
16 letter words ending with ut
19 letter words ending with ut
- knock-down-drag-out — marked by unrelenting violence: a knock-down-drag-out fight.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in UT. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1404 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in UT that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.