Words ending with ur
2 letter words ending with ur
- ur — an ancient Sumerian city on the Euphrates, in S Iraq: extensive excavations, especially of royal tombs.
3 letter words ending with ur
4 letter words ending with ur
- -our — indicating state, condition, or activity
- amur — a river in NE Asia, rising in N Mongolia as the Argun and flowing southeast, then northeast to the Sea of Okhotsk: forms the boundary between Manchuria and Russia. Length: about 4350 km (2700 miles)
- asur — Assur.
- baur — a humorous anecdote
- beur — a person born in France of North African descent
5 letter words ending with ur
- -saur — lizard
- adour — a river in SW France, flowing N from the Pyrenees and then W to the Bay of Biscay. 210 miles (338 km) long.
- alfur — a member of an aboriginal people of eastern Indonesia, especially of the Moluccas, whose features show both Malayan and Papuan characteristics.
- amour — An amour is a love affair, especially one which is kept secret.
- artur — a male given name.
6 letter words ending with ur
- abhour — Obsolete form of abhor.
- abitur — the final school examination in Germany
- arbour — An arbour is a shelter in a garden which is formed by leaves and stems of plants growing close together over a light framework.
- ardour — Ardour is a strong, intense feeling of love or enthusiasm for someone or something.
- armour — In former times, armour was special metal clothing that soldiers wore for protection in battle.
7 letter words ending with ur
- amateur — An amateur is someone who does something as a hobby and not as a job.
- antifur — opposed to the wearing of fur garments
- authour — Obsolete spelling of author.
- bahadur — a title formerly conferred by the British on distinguished Indians
- balfour — Arthur James, 1st Earl of Balfour. 1848–1930, British Conservative statesman: prime minister (1902–05); foreign secretary (1916–19)
8 letter words ending with ur
- abatjour — A skylight or other device whose purpose it is to direct light into a room.
- allosaur — any large carnivorous bipedal dinosaur of the genus Antrodemus (formerly Allosaurus), common in North America in late Jurassic times: suborder Theropoda (theropods)
- baikonur — a launching site for spacecraft in central Kazakhstan; formerly the centre for the Soviet space programme, now leased from Kazakhstan by Russia
- balisaur — an Indian animal, Arctonyx collaris, resembling a badger
- barosaur — a large herbivorous dinosaur with a long neck and tail, similar to the diplodocus
9 letter words ending with ur
- abat-jour — a device, as a skylight or reflector, for diverting light into a building.
- apatosaur — a large, long-necked, herbivorous dinosaur
- archosaur — any of a group of reptiles consisting of dinosaurs, pterosaurs, modern birds, modern crocodiles and extinct relatives of crocodiles, all having a diapsid skull
- ascendeur — a metal grip that is threaded on a rope and can be alternately tightened and slackened as an aid to climbing the rope: used attached to slings for the feet and waist
- bachelour — Obsolete form of bachelor.
10 letter words ending with ur
- accoucheur — a male obstetrician or midwife
- ankylosaur — any of various quadrupedal herbivorous ornithischian dinosaurs constituting the suborder Ankylosauria, which were most abundant in upper Cretaceous times and had a very heavily armoured tanklike body
- antiarmour — designed or equipped to combat armoured vehicles
- antitumour — preventing or acting against tumours
- bahawalpur — an industrial city in Pakistan: cotton, soap. Pop: 563 000 (2005 est)
11 letter words ending with ur
- ampere-hour — a practical unit of quantity of electricity; the quantity that flows in one hour through a conductor carrying a current of 1 ampere. 1 ampere-hour is equivalent to 3600 coulombs
- arbitrageur — a person who engages in arbitrage
- brachiosaur — any of a genus (Brachiosaurus) of huge Jurassic sauropods having longer forelegs than hind legs and nostrils high on the forehead
- chancellour — Archaic form of chancellor.
- coelurosaur — any of various small to very large bipedal carnivorous saurischian dinosaurs belonging to the suborder Theropoda, active in the Triassic and Cretaceous periods; Tyrannosaurus was a coelurosaur, and birds are thought to have evolved from small coelurosaurs
12 letter words ending with ur
- carillonneur — a person who plays a carillon
- entrepreneur — A person who organizes and operates a business or businesses, taking on greater than normal financial risks in order to do so.
- four-by-four — a four-wheeled automotive vehicle having four-wheel drive.
- franc-tireur — a sharpshooter in the French army.
- hippocentaur — Centaur.
13 letter words ending with ur
- fantin-latour — (Ignace) Henri (Joseph Théodore) [ee-nyas ahn-ree zhaw-zef tey-aw-dawr] /iˈnyas ɑ̃ˈri ʒɔˈzɛf teɪ ɔˈdɔr/ (Show IPA), 1836–1904, French painter.
- kilowatt-hour — a unit of energy, equivalent to the energy transferred or expended in one hour by one kilowatt of power; approximately 1.34 horsepower-hours. Abbreviation: kWh, K.W.H., kwhr.
- plique-a-jour — an enameling technique in which the colored enamels are fused into the spaces of a wire framework on a temporary backing; the backing is then removed, producing a translucent effect
- pseudo-colour — an artificial colour
- restauranteur — the owner or manager of a restaurant.
14 letter words ending with ur
- coach-and-four — a coach together with the four horses by which it is drawn.
- conglomerateur — a person who forms or leads a business conglomerate
- deinonychosaur — Any omnivorous or carnivorous coelurosaurian theropod dinosaur of the clade Deinonychosauria.
- ichthyocentaur — a sea creature with a human head and torso, the legs of a horse, and the tail of a fish.
- interbehaviour — interaction between multiple individuals
15 letter words ending with ur
- bonheur-du-jour — a delicate fall-front desk of the late 18th and early 19th centuries.
- croque-monsieur — a sandwich filled with ham and cheese, either dipped in egg batter or buttered on the outside, and toasted or grilled
- horsepower-hour — a foot-pound-second unit of energy or work, equal to the work done by a mechanism with a power output of one horsepower over a period of one hour.
- rayside-balfour — a town in S Ontario, in S Canada.
16 letter words ending with ur
17 letter words ending with ur
- flower-of-an-hour — a malvaceous Old World herbaceous plant, Hibiscus trionum, having pale yellow flowers with a bladder-like calyx
18 letter words ending with ur
- komsomolsk-on-amur — city in SE Russia, on the Amur River: pop. 309,000
19 letter words ending with ur
- beggar-my-neighbour — a card game in which one player tries to win all the cards of the other player
On this page, we collect all words that ending in UR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 786 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in UR that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.