Words ending with um
3 letter words ending with um
- aum — Om.
- bum — Someone's bum is the part of their body which they sit on.
- cum — used between two nouns to designate an object of a combined nature
- dum — Cooked with steam.
- gum — Often, gums. Also called gingiva. the firm, fleshy tissue covering the alveolar parts of either jaw and enveloping the necks of the teeth.
4 letter words ending with um
- alum — An alum is the same as an alumnus.
- arum — any plant of the aroid genus Arum, of Europe and the Mediterranean region, having arrow-shaped leaves and a typically white spathe
- atum — a primeval god who by himself begot Shu and Tefnut: the original god of the Ennead.
- axum — Aksum
- baum — L(yman) Frank. 1856–1919, US novelist, author of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (1900) and its sequels
5 letter words ending with um
- adsum — I am present
- aksum — an ancient town in N Ethiopia, in the Tigre region: capital of the Aksumite Empire (1st to 6th centuries ad). According to tradition, the Ark of the Covenant was brought here from Jerusalem
- album — An album is a record with about 25 minutes of music on each side. You can also refer to a collection of songs that is available on a record or CD as an album.
- algum — a type of wood, mentioned in the Bible
- annum — by the year; yearly.
6 letter words ending with um
- acetum — a solution that has dilute acetic acid as solvent
- actium — a town of ancient Greece that overlooked the naval battle in 31 bc at which Octavian's fleet under Agrippa defeated that of Mark Antony and Cleopatra
- adytum — the most sacred place of worship in an ancient temple from which the laity was prohibited
- aecium — a globular or cup-shaped structure in some rust fungi in which aeciospores are produced
- aegium — a town in ancient Achaea, on the Gulf of Corinth: the Achaean League met here.
7 letter words ending with um
- agendum — agenda
- alodium — allodium
- alundum — a hard material composed of fused alumina, used as an abrasive and a refractory
- alyssum — any widely cultivated herbaceous garden plant of the genus Alyssum, having clusters of small yellow or white flowers: family Brassicaceae (crucifers)
- anticum — pronaos.
8 letter words ending with um
- abomasum — the fourth and last compartment of the stomach of ruminants, which receives and digests food from the psalterium and passes it on to the small intestine
- aciculum — a bristlelike part; seta
- aconitum — any plant belonging to the genus Aconitum, of the buttercup family, having irregular flowers usually in loose clusters, including species with poisonous and medicinal properties.
- actinium — a radioactive element of the actinide series, occurring as a decay product of uranium. It is used as an alpha-particle source and in neutron production. Symbol: Ac; atomic no: 89; half-life of most stable isotope,227Ac: 21.6 years; relative density: 10.07; melting pt: 1051°C; boiling pt: 3200 ± 300°C
- addendum — An addendum is an additional section at the end of a book or document.
9 letter words ending with um
- adstratum — a substratum or superstratum.
- aethalium — a large, plump, pillow-shaped fruiting body of certain myxomycetes, formed by the aggregation of plasmodia into a single functional mass.
- aluminium — Aluminium is a lightweight metal used, for example, for making cooking equipment and aircraft parts.
- americium — a white metallic transuranic element artificially produced from plutonium. It is used as an alpha-particle source. Symbol: Am; atomic no: 95; half-life of most stable isotope, 243Am: 7.4 × 103 years; valency: 2,3,4,5, or 6; relative density: 13.67; melting pt: 1176°C; boiling pt: 2607°C (est)
- anthodium — the flower head or bracts of a composite plant, as in daisies or asters
10 letter words ending with um
- acetabulum — the deep cuplike cavity on the side of the hipbone that receives the head of the thighbone
- acroterium — an ornament positioned on top of an acroter
- alabastrum — alabastron.
- ambulacrum — any of five radial bands on the ventral surface of echinoderms, such as the starfish and sea urchin, on which the tube feet are situated
- androecium — the stamens of a flowering plant collectively
11 letter words ending with um
- abecedarium — a primer, especially for teaching the alphabet.
- androconium — a scale on the forewing of certain male butterflies from which an odor attractive to females is emitted.
- animalculum — animalcule.
- antependium — a covering hung over the front of an altar
- antheridium — the male sex organ of algae, fungi, bryophytes, and spore-bearing vascular plants, such as ferns, which produces antherozoids
12 letter words ending with um
- amphithecium — the outer layer of cells of the sporophyte of mosses and liverworts that develops into the outer parts of the spore-bearing capsule
- androclinium — clinandrium.
- appressorium — a flattened hypha of a parasitic fungus that penetrates the host tissues
- archesporium — archespore.
- atmospherium — an optical system used to simulate images of atmospheric phenomena, as cloud formations, storms, and day and night, on the inside of a dome.
13 letter words ending with um
- actinouranium — the isotope of uranium that has a mass number of 235
- agrobacterium — A soil bacterium, of the genus Agrobacterium, which can fix nitrogen, and causes the formation of crown galls in plants.
- ante-christum — before Christ. Abbreviation: A.C.
- anticlinorium — a vast elongated anticline with its strata further folded into anticlines and synclines
- armamentarium — the items that comprise the material and equipment used by a physician in his professional practice
14 letter words ending with um
- broad-spectrum — effective against a wide variety of diseases or microorganisms
- chondrocranium — the cartilaginous structure that, in early development, envelops the brain
- clavicytherium — a kind of harpsichord
- cleistothecium — (in certain ascomycetous fungi) a closed, globose ascocarp from which the ascospores are released only by its rupture or decay.
- disequilibrium — lack of equilibrium; imbalance.
15 letter words ending with um
- chartophylacium — (in a medieval church) a place for the keeping of records and documents.
- corynebacterium — any of various bacterium of the genus Corynebacterium, including various animal and plant pathogens and animal parasites
- crinkum-crankum — a fanciful name for any object that is full of twists and turns
- cryptosporidium — any parasitic sporozoan protozoan of the genus Cryptosporidium, species of which are parasites of birds and animals and can be transmitted to humans, causing severe abdominal pain and diarrhoea (cryptosporidiosis)
- ferromolybdenum — a ferroalloy containing up to 60 percent molybdenum.
16 letter words ending with um
20 letter words ending with um
- lutherville-timonium — a city in N Maryland, near Baltimore.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in UM. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1829 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in UM that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.