Words ending with tum
3 letter words ending with tum
- tum — to tease (wool) in the preliminary carding operation, or to open out the fibers prior to carding.
4 letter words ending with tum
5 letter words ending with tum
- batum — a city in Georgia: capital of the Adzhar Autonomous Republic; a major Black Sea port. Pop: 118 000 (2005 est)
- datum — a single piece of information; fact
- notum — a dorsal plate or sclerite of the thorax of an insect.
- tatum — Art, 1910–56, U.S. jazz pianist.
- ordnance datum — mean sea level calculated from observation taken at Newlyn, Cornwall, and used as the official basis for height calculation on British maps
6 letter words ending with tum
- acetum — a solution that has dilute acetic acid as solvent
- adytum — the most sacred place of worship in an ancient temple from which the laity was prohibited
- centum — denoting or belonging to the Indo-European languages in which original velar stops (k) were not palatalized, namely languages of the Hellenic, Italic, Celtic, Germanic, Anatolian, and Tocharian branches
- dictum — A dictum is a formal statement made by someone who has authority.
- factum — a statement of the facts in a controversy or legal case.
7 letter words ending with tum
- amentum — Catkin.
- erratum — An error in printing or writing.
- frustum — the part of a conical solid left after cutting off a top portion with a plane parallel to the base.
- hamatum — (anatomy) The hamate bone.
- ideatum — (in epistemology) the object of knowledge as known by the mind. Compare datum (def 3).
8 letter words ending with tum
- aconitum — any plant belonging to the genus Aconitum, of the buttercup family, having irregular flowers usually in loose clusters, including species with poisonous and medicinal properties.
- adiantum — The maidenhair fern and related ferns (of the genus Adiantum).
- ageratum — any tropical American plant of the genus Ageratum, such as A. houstonianum and A. conyzoides, which have thick clusters of purplish-blue flowers
- alinotum — the plate to which the wings are attached on the notum of an insect.
- argentum — silver. Symbol: Ag.
9 letter words ending with tum
- adstratum — a substratum or superstratum.
- anecdotum — (rare, Latinate) alternative spelling of anecdote.
- arboretum — An arboretum is a specially designed garden of different types of trees.
- asphaltum — a substance used to protect surface areas of metal that do not require to be etched
- combretum — any tree or shrub belonging to the genus Combretum, native mainly to tropical and subtropical Africa and producing attractive flowers
10 letter words ending with tum
- abstractum — (philosophy, usually, in the plural) Something which is abstract or exists abstractly. (First attested in the mid 19th century.).
- antepartum — of or noting the period prior to childbirth; before delivery.
- argumentum — an argument
- designatum — (semantics) That which is named or designated by a linguistic term.
- incognitum — (informal) An American mammoth whose fossilized skeleton was discovered in 1801.
11 letter words ending with tum
- desideratum — something lacked and wanted
- excrementum — an item of waste material or rubbish
- intrapartum — During parturition (childbirth).
- most-centum — belonging to or consisting of those branches of the Indo-European family of languages that show distinctive preservation of the Proto-Indo-European labiovelars and that show a historical development of velar articulations, as the sounds (k) or [kh] /x/ (Show IPA) from Proto-Indo-European palatal phonemes. The centum branches are Germanic, Celtic, Italic, Hellenic, Anatolian, and Tocharian.
- polygonatum — a plant of the genus Polygonatum
12 letter words ending with tum
- calceamentum — (in ancient Rome) a sandal, boot, shoe, or other type of footwear
- chlorophytum — any plant of the genus Chlorophytum, esp C. elatum variegatum, grown as a pot plant for its long narrow leaves with a light central stripe, and characterized by the production of offsets at the end of long scapes: family Liliaceae
- crassamentum — a blood clot
- paludamentum — a cloak worn by officials and military officers of ancient Rome, especially during wartime.
- pericementum — periodontal membrane.
13 letter words ending with tum
- ante-christum — before Christ. Abbreviation: A.C.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in TUM. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 141 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in TUM that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.