Words ending with tre
5 letter words ending with tre
- altre — Obsolete form of alter.
- antre — a cavern or cave
- entre — Archaic spelling of enter.
- litre — a unit of capacity redefined in 1964 by a reduction of 28 parts in a million to be exactly equal to one cubic decimeter. It is equivalent to 1.0567 U.S. liquid quarts and is equal to the volume of one kilogram of distilled water at 4°C. Abbreviation: l.
- metre — an instrument for measuring, especially one that automatically measures and records the quantity of something, as of gas, water, miles, or time, when it is activated.
6 letter words ending with tre
- bistre — a transparent water-soluble brownish-yellow pigment made by boiling the soot of wood, used for pen and wash drawings
- centre — A centre is a building where people have meetings, take part in a particular activity, or get help of some kind.
- dartre — any skin disease characterized by scabby or flaky skin, such as herpes or eczema
- feutre — a rest for a lance or spear, attached to a knight's saddle
- filtre — Obsolete form of filter.
7 letter words ending with tre
- ammetre — (nonstandard, and, now, obsolete) Alternative form of ammeter.
- dioptre — Optics. a unit of measure of the refractive power of a lens, having the dimension of the reciprocal of length and a unit equal to the reciprocal of one meter. Abbreviation: D.
- electre — (obsolete) electrum, amber (alloy of gold and silver).
- lenotre — André [ahn-drey] /ɑ̃ˈdreɪ/ (Show IPA), 1613–1700, French architect and landscape designer.
- maistre — Josephe de (ʒozɛf də). 1753–1821, French writer and diplomat, noted for his extreme reactionary views, expounded in such works as Les Soirées de St Petersbourg (1821)
8 letter words ending with tre
- accoutre — to provide with equipment or dress, esp military
- aplustre — the ornamental stern on an ancient Greek or Roman ship
- bleuatre — blueish
- cadastre — public record of the extent, value, and ownership of land within a district for purposes of taxation
- decentre — to take away a temporary support from
9 letter words ending with tre
- altimetre — (nonstandard, and, now, largely obsolete) Alternative form of altimeter.
- barometre — (nonstandard) Alternative form of barometer.
- concentre — to converge or cause to converge on a common centre; concentrate
- daycentre — a building used for daycare or other welfare services
- decalitre — ten litres. One decalitre is equal to about 2.2 imperial gallons
10 letter words ending with tre
- barycentre — a centre of mass, esp of the earth-moon system or the solar system
- centilitre — A centilitre is a unit of volume in the metric system equal to ten millilitres or one-hundredth of a litre.
- centimetre — A centimetre is a unit of length in the metric system equal to ten millimetres or one-hundredth of a metre.
- datacentre — Alternative spelling of data centre.
- femtometre — 10-15 of a metre. Symbol: fm.
11 letter words ending with tre
- ampitheatre — Misspelling of amphitheatre.
- antitheatre — Alternative form of antitheater.
- chronometre — (nonstandard, and, now, largely obsolete) Alternative form of chronometer.
- meta-centre — the intersection between two vertical lines, one through the center of buoyancy of a hull in equilibrium, the other through the center of buoyancy when the hull is inclined slightly to one side or toward one end: the distance of this intersection above the center of gravity is an indication of the initial stability of the hull.
- metatheatre — Self-referential drama.
12 letter words ending with tre
13 letter words ending with tre
- submillimetre — a microscopic division of a millimetre
14 letter words ending with tre
15 letter words ending with tre
- right-of-centre — You can describe a person or political party as right-of-centre if they have political views which are closer to capitalism and conservatism than to socialism but which are not very extreme.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in TRE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 213 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in TRE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.