Words ending with tory
4 letter words ending with tory
5 letter words ending with tory
- story — a narrative, either true or fictitious, in prose or verse, designed to interest, amuse, or instruct the hearer or reader; tale.
- a different story — You use a different story to refer to a situation, usually a bad one, which exists in one set of circumstances when you have mentioned that it does not exist in another set of circumstances.
- back story — background information provided, often in narrative form, to give help in understanding something, as the behavior of a character in a film
- bedtime story — a story read or told to a child at bedtime
- bible story — a story from the Bible
6 letter words ending with tory
- -atory — of, relating to, characterized by, or serving to
- -story — -story is used after numbers to form adjectives that indicate that a building has a particular number of floors or levels.
- motory — Causing or setting up motion.
- notory — (now rare, historical) Pertaining to magical signs or symbols. (from 16th c.).
7 letter words ending with tory
- amatory — of, relating to, or inciting sexual love or desire
- castory — the dye derived from beaver pelts
- factory — a building or group of buildings with facilities for the manufacture of goods.
- history — the branch of knowledge dealing with past events.
- mystory — (philosophy) A pedagogical genre encouraging the exploration of history as an open-minded individual rather than an analytical historian following institutional norms.
8 letter words ending with tory
9 letter words ending with tory
- adulatory — If someone makes an adulatory comment about someone, they praise them and show their admiration of them.
- antistory — a story which does not conform to the established conventions of storytelling
- assertory — characterized by or relating to declaration or affirmation
- backstory — the events which take place before, and which help to bring about, the events portrayed in a film
- climatory — Having to do with climate.
10 letter words ending with tory
11 letter words ending with tory
- absolvitory — Of or pertaining to a dismissal or an acquittal.
- acclamatory — a loud shout or other demonstration of welcome, goodwill, or approval.
- acquisitory — tending or seeking to acquire and own, often greedily; eager to get wealth, possessions, etc.: our acquisitive impulses; acquisitive societies.
- affirmatory — showing or giving confirmation, ratification, or assertion
- aggregatory — formed by the conjunction or collection of particulars into a whole mass or sum; total; combined: the aggregate amount of indebtedness.
12 letter words ending with tory
13 letter words ending with tory
14 letter words ending with tory
- antiregulatory — opposed to regulation
- circumgyratory — characterized by circumgyration
- circumlocutory — a roundabout or indirect way of speaking; the use of more words than necessary to express an idea.
- circumnutatory — relating to circumnutation
- circumrotatory — Turning, rolling, or whirling round.
15 letter words ending with tory
- dissatisfactory — causing dissatisfaction; unsatisfactory: dissatisfactory service.
- excommunicatory — Relating to excommunication.
- interjaculatory — expressed by interjaculating
- non-exculpatory — tending to clear from a charge of fault or guilt.
- noncompensatory — serving to compensate, as for loss, lack, or injury.
16 letter words ending with tory
- antiinflammatory — Alternative spelling of anti-inflammatory.
- circumnavigatory — Pertaining to circumnavigation.
- immunomodulatory — (medical) Having the ability to alter or regulate immune functions.
- immunoregulatory — Of or pertaining to immunoregulation.
- inter-laboratory — a building, part of a building, or other place equipped to conduct scientific experiments, tests, investigations, etc., or to manufacture chemicals, medicines, or the like.
17 letter words ending with tory
- anti-inflammatory — reducing inflammation
- cardiorespiratory — of, relating to, or affecting the heart and respiratory system.
- nondiscriminatory — characterized by or showing prejudicial treatment, especially as an indication of bias related to age, color, national origin, religion, sex, etc.: discriminatory practices in housing; a discriminatory tax.
18 letter words ending with tory
- self-contradictory — an act or instance of contradicting oneself or itself.
19 letter words ending with tory
On this page, we collect all words that ending in TORY. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 677 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in TORY that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.