Words ending with tor
3 letter words ending with tor
- tor — a rocky pinnacle; a peak of a bare or rocky mountain or hill.
5 letter words ending with tor
- actor — An actor is someone whose job is acting in plays or films. 'Actor' in the singular usually refers to a man, but some women who act prefer to be called 'actors' rather than 'actresses'.
- astor — John Jacob, 1st Baron Astor of Hever. 1886–1971, British proprietor of The Times (1922–66)
- fetor — a strong, offensive smell; stench.
- gator — Southern U.S. Informal. alligator.
- motor — a comparatively small and powerful engine, especially an internal-combustion engine in an automobile, motorboat, or the like.
6 letter words ending with tor
- abator — a person who effects an abatement
- bettor — a person who bets
- cantor — a man employed to lead synagogue services, esp to traditional modes and melodies
- captor — You can refer to the person who has captured a person or animal as their captor.
- castor — Castors are small wheels fitted to a piece of furniture so that it can be moved more easily.
7 letter words ending with tor
- abactor — a cattle thief
- abettor — a person who abets.
- ablator — the heat shield of a space vehicle, which melts or wears away during re-entry into the earth's atmosphere
- adaptor — An adaptor is a special device for connecting electrical equipment to a power supply, or for connecting different pieces of electrical or electronic equipment together.
- adoptor — Alternative form of adopter.
8 letter words ending with tor
- abductor — any muscle that abducts (opposed to adductor).
- accentor — any small sparrow-like songbird of the genus Prunella, family Prunellidae, which inhabit mainly mountainous regions of Europe and Asia
- acceptor — the person or organization on which a draft or bill of exchange is drawn after liability has been accepted, usually by signature
- actuator — An actuator is a machine or part of a machine which moves or controls another part in response to an input.
- adductor — a muscle that adducts
9 letter words ending with tor
- abdicator — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- abnegator — (rare) One who abnegates, denies, or rejects. (From Mid 17th century.).
- abrogator — to abolish by formal or official means; annul by an authoritative act; repeal: to abrogate a law.
- activator — a thing or person that activates
- acusector — a needle for cutting tissue by means of a high-frequency electric current.
10 letter words ending with tor
- abominator — One who abominates. (First attested in the late 17th century.).
- abstractor — a person who abstracts or makes an abstract
- accreditor — A person or organization that provides accreditation.
- acquisitor — a person who has a tendency to acquire (information or ideas), or a desire to possess
- aggravator — to make worse or more severe; intensify, as anything evil, disorderly, or troublesome: to aggravate a grievance; to aggravate an illness.
11 letter words ending with tor
- abbreviator — to shorten (a word or phrase) by omitting letters, substituting shorter forms, etc., so that the shortened form can represent the whole word or phrase, as ft. for foot, ab. for about, R.I. for Rhode Island, NW for Northwest, or Xn for Christian.
- accelerator — The accelerator in a car or other vehicle is the pedal which you press with your foot in order to make the vehicle go faster.
- accentuator — Electronics. a circuit or network inserted to provide less loss or greater gain to certain frequencies in an audio spectrum, as a preemphasis spectrum.
- accomodator — Misspelling of accommodator.
- accumulator — a rechargeable device for storing electrical energy in the form of chemical energy, consisting of one or more separate secondary cells
12 letter words ending with tor
- accommodator — a person or thing that accommodates
- agglomerator — gathered together into a cluster or mass.
- appropriator — suitable or fitting for a particular purpose, person, occasion, etc.: an appropriate example; an appropriate dress.
- approximator — Something that approximates.
- assassinator — a person who assassinates
13 letter words ending with tor
- administrator — An administrator is a person whose job involves helping to organize and supervise the way that an organization or institution functions.
- aerogenerator — a generator that is driven by winds
- authenticator — a person or thing that authenticates.
- beta-receptor — a site on a cell, as of the heart, that, upon interaction with epinephrine or norepinephrine, controls heartbeat and heart contractability, vasodilation, smooth muscle inhibition, and other physiological processes.
- chemoreceptor — a sensory receptor in a biological cell membrane to which an external molecule binds to generate a smell or taste sensation
14 letter words ending with tor
- adrenoreceptor — a receptor that binds with epinephrine, norepinephrine, or related compounds.
- alpha-receptor — a site on a cell that, upon interaction with epinephrine or norepinephrine, controls vasoconstriction, intestinal relaxation, pupil dilation, and other physiological processes.
- anticommutator — (mathematics) A function of two elements A and B, defined as AB + BA.
- astronavigator — One who performs astronavigation; an astronaut or space pilot.
- autocollimator — an instrument combining the functions of a telescope and collimator, for detecting and measuring very small deviations in a beam of light.
15 letter words ending with tor
- circumnavigator — A person who circumnavigates; that is, sails around the world.
- frigidoreceptor — a receptor stimulated by cold.
- mechanoreceptor — any of the sense organs that respond to vibration, stretching, pressure, or other mechanical stimuli.
- non-contributor — a person who contributes money, assistance, etc.
- phototransistor — a transistor that amplifies current induced by photoconductivity.
16 letter words ending with tor
- ballast-resistor — Nautical. any heavy material carried temporarily or permanently in a vessel to provide desired draft and stability.
- boolean-operator — any operation in which each of the operands and the result take one of two values.
- hyperaccumulator — a plant that absorbs toxins, such as heavy metals, to a greater concentration than that in the soil in which it is growing
- magnetogenerator — magneto.
- telecommunicator — to transmit (data, sound, images, etc.) by telecommunications.
17 letter words ending with tor
- cardioaccelerator — a substance that increases the heart rate.
18 letter words ending with tor
- battery-eliminator — a person or thing that eliminates.
19 letter words ending with tor
On this page, we collect all words that ending in TOR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1513 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in TOR that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.