Words ending with tive
6 letter words ending with tive
- active — Someone who is active moves around a lot or does a lot of things.
- dative — In the grammar of some languages, for example Latin, the dative, or the dative case, is the case used for a noun when it is the indirect object of a verb, or when it comes after some prepositions.
- motive — something that causes a person to act in a certain way, do a certain thing, etc.; incentive.
- native — being the place or environment in which a person was born or a thing came into being: one's native land.
- votive — offered, given, dedicated, etc., in accordance with a vow: a votive offering.
7 letter words ending with tive
- amative — of or inclined to love, esp. sexual love
- captive — A captive person or animal is being kept imprisoned or enclosed.
- costive — having constipation; constipated
- factive — (of a verb, adjective, or noun phrase) presupposing the truth of an embedded sentence that serves as complement, as realize in I didn't realize that he had left, which presupposes that it is true that he had left.
- festive — pertaining to or suitable for a feast or festival: festive decorations; a festive meal.
8 letter words ending with tive
- ablative — (in certain inflected languages such as Latin) denoting a case of nouns, pronouns, and adjectives indicating the agent in passive sentences or the instrument, manner, or place of the action described by the verb
- abortive — An abortive attempt or action is unsuccessful.
- adaptive — Adaptive means having the ability or tendency to adapt to different situations.
- additive — An additive is a substance which is added in small amounts to foods or other things in order to improve them or to make them last longer.
- adoptive — Someone's adoptive family is the family that adopted them.
9 letter words ending with tive
- abductive — (anatomy) Related or pertaining to abductor muscles and their movement. (Mid 19th century.).
- abjective — tending to degrade, humiliate, or demoralize: the abjective influences of his early life.
- acceptive — ready or willing to accept
- accretive — an increase by natural growth or by gradual external addition; growth in size or extent.
- addictive — If a drug is addictive, people who take it cannot stop taking it.
10 letter words ending with tive
- abdicative — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- aberrative — Descriptive of an object or measurement that has deviated or been knocked, momentarily and sharply, from the more dominant, normal or expected course or trajectory to which it either has or is expected to return in the longer term.
- abnegative — (obsolete, rare): Denying; renouncing; negative.
- abrogative — having the property of abrogating
- absolutive — the grammatical case in an ergative language that is used for the direct object of a transitive verb and the subject of an intransitive verb
11 letter words ending with tive
- abstractive — that abstracts or can abstract
- acetylative — introducing an acetyl group into a chemical compound
- acquisitive — If you describe a person or an organization as acquisitive, you do not approve of them because you think they are too concerned with getting new possessions.
- adumbrative — foreshadowing; sketchy; faintly indicative.
- adversative — (of a word, phrase, or clause) implying opposition or contrast. But and although are adversative conjunctions introducing adversative clauses
12 letter words ending with tive
- abirritative — to make less irritable; soothe.
- accelerative — of, causing, or increasing acceleration
- accumulative — If something is accumulative, it becomes greater in amount, number, or intensity over a period of time.
- adjudicative — to pronounce or decree by judicial sentence.
- alimentative — nourishing; nutritive.
13 letter words ending with tive
- accommodative — tending to accommodate; adaptive.
- acculturative — relating to or resulting in acculturation
- aerodigestive — of or relating to the organs and tissues of the respiratory tract and the upper part of the digestive tract
- agglomerative — gathered together into a cluster or mass.
- agglutinative — tending to join or capable of joining
14 letter words ending with tive
- administrative — Administrative work involves organizing and supervising an organization or institution.
- ambitransitive — (of a verb) Able to be used transitively or intransitively without requiring morphological change.
- anal-retentive — having an anal character.
- anti-infective — of or relating to a substance used in the treatment of an infection.
- antiderivative — an indefinite integral
15 letter words ending with tive
- anti-productive — having the power of producing; generative; creative: a productive effort.
- anticommutative — (of a binary operation) having the property that one term operating on a second is equal to the negative of the second operating on the first, as ab = −ba.
- anticompetitive — (in business) discouraging competition
- autocorrelative — Relating to autocorrelation.
- circumscriptive — That circumscribes or outlines.
16 letter words ending with tive
- archconservative — consistently holding extremely conservative views: publisher of the city's archconservative newspaper.
- counterintuitive — (of an idea, proposal, etc) seemingly contrary to common sense
- gender-normative — cisgender.
- non-accumulative — tending to accumulate or arising from accumulation; cumulative.
- non-conservative — disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.
17 letter words ending with tive
- anti-conservative — disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.
- antiproliferative — of or relating to a substance used to prevent or retard the spread of cells, especially malignant cells, into surrounding tissues.
- context-sensitive — behaving, responding, or interpreted differently depending on context
- contradistinctive — distinction by opposition or contrast: plants and animals in contradistinction to humans.
- counterproductive — Something that is counterproductive achieves the opposite result from the one that you want to achieve.
18 letter words ending with tive
- myeloproliferative — (medicine) of or pertaining to the presence of an abnormal proliferation of myelopoietic cells (from bone marrow).
- non-discriminative — constituting a particular quality, trait, or difference; characteristic; notable.
- pseudo-competitive — of, pertaining to, involving, or decided by competition: competitive sports; a competitive examination.
19 letter words ending with tive
- pseudo-conservative — disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.
- pseudo-intransitive — denoting an occurrence of a normally transitive verb in which a direct object is not explicitly stated or forms the subject of the sentence, as in Margaret is cooking or these apples cook well
21 letter words ending with tive
- hypothetico-deductive — pertaining to or governed by the supposed method of scientific progress whereby a general hypothesis is tested by deducing predictions that may be experimentally tested. When such a prediction is falsified the theory is rejected and a new hypothesis is required
On this page, we collect all words that ending in TIVE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1391 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in TIVE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.