Words ending with tism
6 letter words ending with tism
- autism — Autism is a developmental disorder that can cause someone to have difficulty in communicating with and responding to other people.
- mutism — an inability to speak, due to a physical defect, conscious refusal, or psychogenic inhibition.
- akinetic mutism — a state of apparent alertness with normal eye movements but no speech or other voluntary motion, usually due to a stroke.
- infantile autism — a disorder appearing in children before the age of two and a half, characterized by lack of interest in others, impaired communication skills, and bizarre behavior, as ritualistic acts and excessive attachment to objects.
7 letter words ending with tism
8 letter words ending with tism
- acrotism — an absence of pulse
- adultism — A predisposition towards adults (or a bias against children).
- aphetism — The aphetized form of a word, i.e. a word which has dropped its initial vowel or syllable. For example, see squire.
- chartism — the principles of the reform movement in Britain from 1838 to 1848, which included manhood suffrage, payment of Members of Parliament, equal electoral districts, annual parliaments, voting by ballot, and the abolition of property qualifications for MPs
- docetism — an early Christian doctrine that the sufferings of Christ were apparent and not real and that after the crucifixion he appeared in a spiritual body.
9 letter words ending with tism
- adventism — the belief that the Second Coming of Christ will occur soon
- animatism — the belief that inanimate objects have consciousness
- athletism — The state or practice of an athlete; the characteristics of an athlete.
- commatism — Conciseness in writing.
- defeatism — Defeatism is a way of thinking or talking which suggests that you expect to be unsuccessful.
10 letter words ending with tism
- absolutism — Absolutism is a political system in which one ruler or leader has complete power and authority over a country.
- acrobatism — the art, or feats, of the acrobat
- anabaptism — a member of any of various Protestant sects, formed in Europe after 1520, that denied the validity of infant baptism, baptized believers only, and advocated social and economic reforms as well as the complete separation of church and state.
- aplanatism — the state of being free from spherical aberration
- automatism — the state or quality of being automatic; mechanical or involuntary action
11 letter words ending with tism
- achromatism — the condition or quality of being achromatic; lack of color
- agrammatism — a type of aphasia, usually caused by cerebral disease, characterized by an inability to construct a grammatical or intelligible sentence while retaining the ability to speak single words.
- antielitism — the state of being opposed to elitism
- antistatism — the principle or policy of concentrating extensive economic, political, and related controls in the state at the cost of individual liberty.
- astigmatism — If someone has astigmatism, the front of their eye has a slightly irregular shape, so they cannot see properly.
12 letter words ending with tism
- anathematism — A formula of words used to cast anathema upon heretics etc.
- antinepotism — opposed to or acting against nepotism
- antisemitism — Alternative form of anti-Semitism.
- auto-erotism — the arousal and satisfaction of sexual excitement within or by oneself, as by masturbation.
- bidialectism — proficient in or using two dialects of the same language.
13 letter words ending with tism
- anagrammatism — The creation of anagrams.
- analphabetism — the inability to read and write, illiteracy
- anastigmatism — the condition of being free from astigmatism
- anti-nepotism — patronage bestowed or favoritism shown on the basis of family relationship, as in business and politics: She was accused of nepotism when she made her nephew an officer of the firm.
- anti-semitism — Anti-Semitism is hostility to and prejudice against Jewish people.
14 letter words ending with tism
- anti-dogmatism — dogmatic character; unfounded positiveness in matters of opinion; arrogant assertion of opinions as truths.
- endoparasitism — Behaviour of endoparasites.
- ferrimagnetism — (physics) a form of antiferromagnetism in which some magnetization remains below a critical temperature (the Neel temperature).
- ferromagnetism — noting or pertaining to a substance, as iron, that below a certain temperature, the Curie point, can possess magnetization in the absence of an external magnetic field; noting or pertaining to a substance in which the magnetic moments of the atoms are aligned.
- indifferentism — systematic indifference.
15 letter words ending with tism
- hermaphroditism — the condition of being a hermaphrodite.
- hyperparasitism — an organism that is parasitic on or in another parasite.
- intransigentism — the policy or set of principles of an intransigent
- neoconservatism — moderate political conservatism espoused or advocated by former liberals or socialists.
- palaeomagnetism — the study of the fossil magnetism in rocks, used to determine the past configurations of the continents and to investigate the past shape and magnitude of the earth's magnetic field
16 letter words ending with tism
- archaeomagnetism — an archaeological technique for dating certain clay objects by measuring the extent to which they have been magnetized by the earth's magnetic field
- electromagnetism — The interaction of electric currents or fields and magnetic fields.
- hyper-patriotism — devoted love, support, and defense of one's country; national loyalty.
- kleptoparasitism — The parasitic theft of captured prey, nest material, etc. from animals of the same or another species.
- neo-conservatism — (in the US) a right-wing tendency that originated amongst supporters of the political left and has become characterized by its support of hawkish foreign policies
17 letter words ending with tism
- anti-conservatism — the disposition to preserve or restore what is established and traditional and to limit change.
18 letter words ending with tism
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
21 letter words ending with tism
- pseudohermaphroditism — an individual having internal reproductive organs of one sex and external sexual characteristics resembling those of the other sex or being ambiguous in nature. Compare hermaphrodite (def 1).
26 letter words ending with tism
- compassionate-conservatism — a political conservative who is motivated by concern for the needy but supports policies based on personal responsibility and limited government: George W. Bush ran for president as a compassionate conservative.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in TISM. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 251 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in TISM that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.