Words ending with tis
3 letter words ending with tis
- tis — the syllable for the seventh tone of a diatonic scale.
4 letter words ending with tis
5 letter words ending with tis
- -itis — indicating inflammation of a specified part
- actis — a son of Rhoda and Helius who, when banished from his home for fratricide, fled to Egypt, where he taught astrology. The Colossus of Rhodes was built in his honor.
- antis — Plural form of anti.
- attis — a youth of Phrygia, loved by the goddess Cybele. In a jealous passion she caused him to go mad, whereupon he castrated himself and died
- cutis — the vertebrate skin, including both of its layers, the dermis and the epidermis
6 letter words ending with tis
7 letter words ending with tis
8 letter words ending with tis
- adenitis — inflammation of a gland or lymph node
- alcestis — the wife of king Admetus of Thessaly. To save his life, she died in his place, but was rescued from Hades by Hercules
- alkestis — Alcestis (def 1).
- angiitis — A condition where blood or lymph vessels are inflamed.
- aortitis — inflammation of the aorta
9 letter words ending with tis
- arteritis — inflammation of an artery
- arthritis — Arthritis is a medical condition in which the joints in someone's body are swollen and painful.
- balanitis — inflammation of the glans penis, usually due to infection
- barotitis — inflammation of the ear caused by a change in air pressure
- canthitis — an inflammation of the canthus
10 letter words ending with tis
- alveolitis — an inflammation of the alveoli, occurring either in the lungs or in the socket of a tooth
- antiaditis — tonsillitis
- aquafortis — concentrated nitric acid, used for etching
- bronchitis — Bronchitis is an illness like a very bad cough, in which your bronchial tubes become sore and infected.
- cellulitis — inflammation of any of the tissues of the body, characterized by fever, pain, swelling, and redness of the affected area
11 letter words ending with tis
- adenoiditis — inflammation of the adenoid tissue.
- adrenalitis — (pathology) Inflammation of one or both adrenal glands, leading to an insufficiency of cortisol and/or aldosterone.
- apophysitis — (pathology) Inflammation of an apophysis, a bony tubercle.
- blepharitis — inflammation of the eyelids
- cataglottis — A passionate kiss which involves the touching of the tongues of the two people involved.
12 letter words ending with tis
- appendicitis — Appendicitis is an illness in which a person's appendix is infected and painful.
- cactoblastis — a moth, Cactoblastis cactorum of South America, that was introduced into Australia to act as a biological control on the prickly pear
- crystallitis — the formation of a crystallite or crystallites
- elephantitis — (US) misconstruction of elephantiasis.
- encephalitis — Inflammation of the brain, caused by infection or an allergic reaction.
13 letter words ending with tis
- aerosinusitis — inflammation of the nasal sinuses caused by the effect on the sinuses of changes in atmospheric pressure.
- antiarthritis — acting against arthritis
- arachnoiditis — an inflammation of the arachnoid membrane
- barosinusitis — aerosinusitis.
- bartholinitis — Inflammation of Bartholin's cyst.
14 letter words ending with tis
- conjunctivitis — Conjunctivitis is an eye infection which causes the thin skin that covers the eye to become red.
- dacryoadenitis — Inflammation of the lacrimal glands.
- diverticulitis — inflammation of one or more diverticula, characterized by abdominal pain, fever, and changes in bowel movements.
- endocervicitis — (medicine) inflammation of the mucous membrane of the uterine cervix.
- osteoarthritis — the most common form of arthritis, usually occurring after middle age, marked by chronic breakdown of cartilage in the joints leading to pain, stiffness, and swelling.
15 letter words ending with tis
- balanoposthitis — An inflammation of the glans penis and the prepuce.
- chorioretinitis — (medicine) An inflammation of the choroid and retina of the eye.
- costochondritis — (medicine) A benign inflammation of the costal cartilage, causing pain between the ribs.
- dermatomyositis — a chronic medical condition characterized by inflammation of muscles (myositis), accompanied by a skin rash
- enterohepatitis — dual inflammation of the intestine and liver
16 letter words ending with tis
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- chorioamnionitis — Inflammation of the fetal membranes (amnion and chorion) due to a bacterial infection, most often associated with prolonged labour.
- choriomeningitis — (medicine) A form of cerebral meningitis associated with inflammation of the choroid plexus.
- iridochoroiditis — inflammation of the iris and the choroid.
- rhinopharyngitis — inflammation of the mucous membranes of the nose and pharynx.
17 letter words ending with tis
- encephalomyelitis — Inflammation of the brain and spinal cord, typically due to acute viral infection.
- polioencephalitis — a disease characterized by inflammation of the gray matter of the brain.
- infectious laryngotracheitis — a viral disease of adult chickens, characterized by inflammation and hemorrhage of the larynx and trachea and, in many cases, resulting in asphyxiation.
18 letter words ending with tis
19 letter words ending with tis
20 letter words ending with tis
- keratoconjunctivitis — inflammation of the cornea and conjunctiva.
24 letter words ending with tis
- laryngotracheobronchitis — A respiratory disease, a form of croup.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in TIS. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 375 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in TIS that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.