Words ending with thon
5 letter words ending with thon
- -thon — indicating a large-scale event or operation of a specified kind
6 letter words ending with thon
- -athon — an event marked by length or endurance
- aethon — triethyl orthoformate.
- python — a large dragon who guarded the chasm at Delphi from which prophetic vapors emerged. He was finally killed by Apollo, who established his oracle on the site.
- reticulate python — a python, Python reticulatus, of southeastern Asia and the East Indies, sometimes growing to a length of 32 feet (10 meters): usually considered to be the largest snake in the world.
7 letter words ending with thon
- agathon — c450–c400 b.c, Greek poet and dramatist.
- benthon — the aggregate of organisms that live on or in the benthos.
- brython — a Celt who speaks a Brythonic language
- synthon — a component of a molecule to be synthesized that plays an active role in synthesis
- bernard of menthon — Saint(11th cent.); Fr. monk who founded hospices in the Swiss Alps: his day is May 28
8 letter words ending with thon
- marathon — a plain in SE Greece, in Attica: the Athenians defeated the Persians here 490 b.c.
- phaethon — a son of Helios who borrowed the chariot of the sun and drove it so close to earth that Zeus struck him down to save the world.
- telethon — a television broadcast lasting several hours, especially one soliciting support for a charity.
- the comrades marathon — an annual long-distance race run every year on the 16th of June from Durban to Pietermaritzburg, a distance of approximately 90 kilometres (56 miles)
9 letter words ending with thon
- hackathon — a usually competitive event in which people work in groups on software or hardware projects, with the goal of creating a functioning product by the end of the event: At the hackathon our team produced an app that helps you monitor your sleeping habits.
- phonathon — a campaign to solicit funds or support in which volunteers make phone calls to prospective donors or supporters.
- radiothon — an on-the-air radio campaign, often lasting 24 hours or more, designed to raise money for a radio station, charity, the arts, etc., as from listeners phoning in and pledging specific donations, sometimes in exchange for gifts or premiums.
- talkathon — an unusually long speech or discussion, especially on a matter of public interest, as a Congressional filibuster or a televised question-and-answer session with a political candidate.
- trilithon — a prehistoric structure consisting of two upright stones supporting a horizontal stone.
10 letter words ending with thon
- allochthon — a geological formation not formed in the region where found and moved to its present location by tectonic forces. Compare autochthon (def 3).
- antichthon — counterearth.
- autochthon — one of the earliest known inhabitants of any country; aboriginal
- drunkathon — a session in which excessive quantities of alcohol are consumed
- phlegethon — Also called Pyriphlegethon. Classical Mythology. a river of fire, one of five rivers surrounding Hades.
11 letter words ending with thon
12 letter words ending with thon
- anacolouthon — Alternative spelling of anacoluthon (A break in sequence, that occurs when the scheme of a sentence is changed in its course. Incoherence in a sentence.).
13 letter words ending with thon
14 letter words ending with thon
- pyriphlegethon — Phlegethon (def 1).
On this page, we collect all words that ending in THON. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 31 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in THON that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.