Words ending with te
4 letter words ending with te
- ante — the gaming stake put up before the deal in poker by the players
- bate — (of hawks) to jump violently from a perch or the falconer's fist, often hanging from the leash while struggling to escape
- bite — If you bite something, you use your teeth to cut into it, for example in order to eat it or break it. If an animal or person bites you, they use their teeth to hurt or injure you.
- bote — compensation given for injury or damage to property
- bute — the drug phenylbutazone, esp when used in the illegal doping of racehorses
5 letter words ending with te
- abate — If something bad or undesirable abates, it becomes much less strong or severe.
- acute — You can use acute to indicate that an undesirable situation or feeling is very severe or intense.
- agate — Agate is a very hard stone which is used to make jewellery.
- alate — having wings or winglike extensions
- amate — to be a match to or for (someone or something)
6 letter words ending with te
- ablate — to remove by ablation
- acmite — a silicate mineral with chemical formula NaFeSi2O6, consisting of pyramid-shaped crystals; aegirite
- acuate — to sharpen
- admete — a daughter of Eurystheus for whom Hercules took the golden girdle of Ares from Hippolyte.
- adnate — growing closely attached to an adjacent part or organ
7 letter words ending with te
8 letter words ending with te
- aaronite — one of the priestly descendants of Aaron.
- abdicate — If a king or queen abdicates, he or she gives up being king or queen.
- abietate — a salt or ester of abietic acid.
- abnegate — to deny to oneself; renounce (privileges, pleasure, etc)
- abrogate — If someone in a position of authority abrogates something such as a law, agreement, or practice, they put an end to it.
9 letter words ending with te
- ablactate — to wean.
- abominate — to dislike intensely; loathe; detest
- acanthite — the orthorhombic form of silver sulfide.
- acclimate — When you acclimate or are acclimated to a new situation, place, or climate, you become used to it.
- acetylate — to introduce an acetyl group into (a chemical compound)
10 letter words ending with te
- abalienate — (civil law, transitive) To transfer the title of from one to another; to alienate.
- abbreviate — If you abbreviate something, especially a word or a piece of writing, you make it shorter.
- abirritate — to soothe or make less irritable
- accelerate — If the process or rate of something accelerates or if something accelerates it, it gets faster and faster.
- accentuate — To accentuate something means to emphasize it or make it more noticeable.
11 letter words ending with te
- abranchiate — having no gills
- acanthocyte — an abnormal red blood cell having spiny projections, found in the blood of persons with abetalipoproteinemia and certain malabsorption disorders.
- accommodate — If a building or space can accommodate someone or something, it has enough room for them.
- acculturate — (of a cultural or social group) to assimilate the cultural traits of another group
- achlamydate — not chlamydate; having neither mantle nor pallium.
12 letter words ending with te
- absquatulate — to leave; decamp
- acetoacetate — (organic chemistry) Any salt or ester of acetoacetic acid.
- actinomycete — any bacterium of the group Actinomycetes, usually filamentous in form
- administrate — to manage or direct (the affairs of a business, institution, etc)
- affectionate — If you are affectionate, you show your love or fondness for another person in the way that you behave towards them.
13 letter words ending with te
- amphitrichate — having a single flagellum at each end.
- anthophyllite — a black or greenish-black mineral from the hornblende group, found in igneous and metamorphic rocks
- anthropophyte — a plant species accidentally introduced during the cultivation of another
- antisatellite — (of a weapon) designed to destroy satellites
- appendiculate — having appendicles
14 letter words ending with te
- amplexifoliate — having amplexicaul leaves.
- anti-corporate — of, for, or belonging to a corporation or corporations: a corporate executive; She considers the new federal subsidy just corporate welfare.
- antimetabolite — any drug that acts by disrupting the normal growth of a cell. Sulfonamide drugs are antimetabolites and some antimetabolites are used in cancer treatment
- archidiaconate — the office, term of office, or area of jurisdiction of an archdeacon
- barium-hydrate — Also called calcined baryta, barium oxide, barium monoxide, barium protoxide. a white or yellowish-white poisonous solid, BaO, highly reactive with water: used chiefly as a dehydrating agent and in the manufacture of glass.
15 letter words ending with te
- aluminosilicate — a silicate in which some of the silicon in the tetrahedral unit SiO4 has been replaced by aluminium
- antepenultimate — third from last
- anthropophagite — a cannibal
- archiepiscopate — the rank, office, or term of office of an archbishop
- black-and-white — displaying only black and white tones; without color, as a picture or chart: a black-and-white photograph.
16 letter words ending with te
- acetylsalicylate — a salt or ester of acetylsalicylic acid.
- ancienne-lorette — a town in S Quebec, in E Canada.
- caducibranchiate — (of many amphibians, such as frogs) having gills during one stage of the life cycle only
- choanoflagellate — any flagellate of the genera Monosiga and Proterospongia, having a protoplasmic collar encircling the base of the flagellum.
18 letter words ending with te
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in TE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6853 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in TE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.