Words ending with star
4 letter words ending with star
- star — any of the heavenly bodies, except the moon, appearing as fixed luminous points in the sky at night.
- a star — a blue to white star, as Altair, Sirius, or Vega, having a surface temperature between 7500 and 10,000 K and an absorption spectrum dominated by Balmer-series lines of hydrogen.
- ap star — a peculiar A star whose emission spectrum is characterized by abnormally strong lines of certain ionized metals.
- b star — a massive, relatively hot, blue to white star, as Rigel or Spica, having a surface temperature between 10,000 and 30,000 K and with an absorption spectrum dominated by the Balmer series of hydrogen with lines of neutral helium present.
- barnard's star — a red dwarf star in the constellation Ophiuchus having the largest proper motion known
5 letter words ending with star
6 letter words ending with star
- bestar — to decorate with stars
- costar — An actor's costars are the other actors who also have one of the main parts in a particular movie.
- instar — an insect in any one of its periods of postembryonic growth between molts.
- mostar — a city in S Bosnia and Herzegovina, on the Neretva River: former capital of Herzegovina.
- westar — one of a series of privately owned geostationary communications satellites that service commercial users in the U.S.
7 letter words ending with star
- co-star — An actor's or actress's co-stars are the other actors or actresses who also have one of the main parts in a particular film.
- daystar — morning star
- dogstar — Alternative form of Dog Star.
- sunstar — any starfish of the genus Solaster, inhabiting cold and temperate waters off both U.S. coasts.
- telstar — either of two low-altitude active communications satellites launched in 1962 and 1963 by the US and used in the transmission of television programmes, telephone messages, etc
8 letter words ending with star
- all-star — An all-star cast, performance, or game is one which contains only famous or extremely good performers or players.
- averstar — (company) The US software engineering company that developed Hal, under their former name, "Intermetrics". Other products include CS-4, Red, Mwave Developers Toolkit (multimedia for IBM PC), cross-compilers for C and C++; Ada '83, Ada 95, and SAMeDL. AverStar also supply client/server systems; custom software applications and turnkey systems; independent verification and validation; CAE integration technology; languages and compilers: Ada, C, C++, HDLs (MHDL), Modula, SPL/1. Address: Intermetrics, Inc., 733 Concord Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA. Telephone: +1 (617) 661 1840. Fax: +1 (617) 868 2843. Address: 7918 Jones Branch Drive, McLean, Va 22102, USA. Telephone: +1 (703) 827-2606. Fax: +1 (703) 827-5560. Also Houston, TX, Huntington Beach, CA, Warminster, PA, and others.
- eurostar — a high speed train that connects London and Kent in the UK with Paris and Lille in France and Brussels in Belgium by crossing the English Channel through the Channel Tunnel
- filmstar — Alternative spelling of film star.
- loadstar — a star that shows the way.
9 letter words ending with star
- earthstar — a fungus of the genus Geaster, having an outer covering that splits into the form of a star.
- five-star — having five stars to indicate rank or quality: a five-star general; a five-star brandy.
- four-star — of or being a full general or admiral, as indicated by four stars on an insignia.
- pole-star — Polaris.
- protostar — an early stage in the evolution of a star, after the beginning of the collapse of the gas cloud from which it is formed, but before sufficient contraction has occurred to permit initiation of nuclear reactions at its core.
10 letter words ending with star
- three-star — of or being a lieutenant general, as indicated by three stars on an insignia.
11 letter words ending with star
12 letter words ending with star
- brittle-star — any echinoderm of the class Ophiuroidea, occurring on the sea bottom and having five long slender arms radiating from a small central disc
13 letter words ending with star
- switched-star — denoting or relating to a cable television system in which only one or two programme channels are fed to each subscriber, who can select other channels by remote control of a central switching point
On this page, we collect all words that ending in STAR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 113 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in STAR that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.