Words ending with ss
3 letter words ending with ss
4 letter words ending with ss
5 letter words ending with ss
- abyss — An abyss is a very deep hole in the ground.
- amass — If you amass something such as money or information, you gradually get a lot of it.
- amiss — If you say that something is amiss, you mean there is something wrong.
- bless — When someone such as a priest blesses people or things, he asks for God's favour and protection for them.
- bliss — Bliss is a state of complete happiness.
6 letter words ending with ss
- abbess — An abbess is the nun who is in charge of the other nuns in a convent.
- access — If you have access to a building or other place, you are able or allowed to go into it.
- across — If someone or something goes across a place or a boundary, they go from one side of it to the other.
- admass — the part of society that is easily influenced by the mass media and advertising
- aldiss — Brian W(ilson). born 1925, British novelist, best known for his science fiction. His works include Non-Stop (1958), Enemies of the System (1978), The Helliconia Trilogy (1983–86), Forgotten Life (1988), and The Detached Retina (1995)
7 letter words ending with ss
- abscess — An abscess is a painful swelling containing pus.
- actress — An actress is a woman whose job is acting in plays or films.
- address — Your address is the number of the house, flat, or apartment and the name of the street and the town where you live or work.
- ageless — If you describe someone as ageless, you mean that they never seem to look any older.
- aggress — to attack first or begin a quarrel
8 letter words ending with ss
- achiness — a constant, dull pain
- airiness — the quality or condition of being fresh, light, or breezy
- all-pass — Radio. (of a network, transducer, etc.) transmitting signals without significant attenuation of any frequencies.
- archness — the quality of being arch, or saucily mischievous
- backless — A backless dress leaves most of a woman's back uncovered down to her waist.
9 letter words ending with ss
- acuteness — sharp or severe in effect; intense: acute sorrow; an acute pain.
- adeptness — very skilled; proficient; expert: an adept juggler.
- agileness — the quality of being agile
- albatross — An albatross is a very large white seabird.
- alertness — fully aware and attentive; wide-awake; keen: an alert mind.
10 letter words ending with ss
- abruptness — sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
- absurdness — utterly or obviously senseless, illogical, or untrue; contrary to all reason or common sense; laughably foolish or false: an absurd explanation.
- actionless — inactive, without action
- activeness — engaged in action; characterized by energetic work, participation, etc.; busy: an active life.
- adroitness — expert or nimble in the use of the hands or body.
11 letter words ending with ss
- abusiveness — using, containing, or characterized by harshly or coarsely insulting language: an abusive author; abusive remarks.
- adventuress — a woman who seeks adventure, esp one who seeks success or money through daring exploits
- air-express — to send or transport by air express: Your package will be air-expressed and should reach its destination tomorrow.
- airsickness — a feeling of nausea and dizziness, sometimes accompanied by vomiting, as a result of the motion of the aircraft in which one is traveling.
- amorousness — inclined or disposed to love, especially sexual love: an amorous disposition.
12 letter words ending with ss
- abrasiveness — any material or substance used for grinding, polishing, etc., as emery, pumice, or sandpaper.
- absoluteness — the quality of being absolute
- abstractness — the quality of being abstract as opposed to concrete
- abstruseness — hard to understand; recondite; esoteric: abstruse theories.
- adaptiveness — in a state that has a capacity for adaptation
13 letter words ending with ss
- acceptingness — the state or quality of being accepting
- addictiveness — producing or tending to cause addiction: an addictive drug.
- affectionless — showing no affection or kindly disposition towards
- agreeableness — to one's liking; pleasing: agreeable manners; an agreeable sensation.
- airworthiness — (of an aircraft) meeting established standards for safe flight; equipped and maintained in condition to fly.
14 letter words ending with ss
- abstemiousness — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- aggressiveness — characterized by or tending toward unprovoked offensives, attacks, invasions, or the like; militantly forward or menacing: aggressive acts against a neighboring country.
- applicableness — applying or capable of being applied; relevant; suitable; appropriate: an applicable rule; a solution that is applicable to the problem.
- articulateness — uttered clearly in distinct syllables.
- artificialness — the condition of being non-natural, unnatural or spurious
15 letter words ending with ss
- acquisitiveness — tending or seeking to acquire and own, often greedily; eager to get wealth, possessions, etc.: our acquisitive impulses; acquisitive societies.
- adventurousness — the quality of being adventurous
- appropriateness — suitable or fitting for a particular purpose, person, occasion, etc.: an appropriate example; an appropriate dress.
- bloodguiltiness — guilty of murder or bloodshed.
- carnivorousness — flesh-eating: A dog is a carnivorous animal.
16 letter words ending with ss
- apprehensiveness — uneasy or fearful about something that might happen: apprehensive for the safety of the mountain climbers.
- approachableness — capable of being approached; accessible.
- bright-blindness — blindness occurring in sheep grazing pastures heavily infested with bracken
- cantankerousness — disagreeable to deal with; contentious; peevish: a cantankerous, argumentative man.
- conciliatoriness — tending to conciliate: a conciliatory manner; conciliatory comments.
17 letter words ending with ss
- argumentativeness — fond of or given to argument and dispute; disputatious; contentious: The law students were an unusually argumentative group.
- authoritativeness — having due authority; having the sanction or weight of authority: an authoritative opinion.
- barrow-in-furness — an industrial town in NW England, in S Cumbria. Pop: 47 194 (2001)
- communicativeness — inclined to communicate or impart; talkative: He isn't feeling very communicative today.
- complementariness — forming a complement; completing.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in SS. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6363 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in SS that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.