Words ending with sis
4 letter words ending with sis
- isis — Islamic State in Iraq and al-Sham (or Islamic State in Iraq and Syria): a radical Sunni Muslim organization whose aim is to restore an Islamic state, or caliphate, in the region encompassing Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Jordan, the Palestinian territories, and southeastern Turkey.
- psis — the 23rd letter of the Greek alphabet (Ψ, ψ).
5 letter words ending with sis
- apsis — either of two points lying at the extremities of an eccentric orbit of a planet, satellite, etc, such as the aphelion and perihelion of a planet or the apogee and perigee of the moon. The line of apsides connects two such points and is the principal axis of the orbit
- arsis — (in classical prosody) the long syllable or part on which the ictus falls in a metrical foot
- basis — If something is done on a particular basis, it is done according to that method, system, or principle.
- lysis — Immunology, Biochemistry. the dissolution or destruction of cells by lysins.
- oasis — refuge, calm place
6 letter words ending with sis
- cassis — a blackcurrant cordial
- clisis — the act or process of becoming a clitic.
- clysis — the administration of an enema.
- crasis — the fusion or contraction of two adjacent vowels into one
- crisis — A crisis is a situation in which something or someone is affected by one or more very serious problems.
7 letter words ending with sis
- abiosis — absence of life
- anoesis — a theoretical condition in which there is feeling without understanding
- aphesis — the gradual disappearance of an unstressed vowel at the beginning of a word, as in squire from esquire
- ascesis — the exercise of self-discipline
- asepsis — the state of being free from living pathogenic organisms
8 letter words ending with sis
- acidosis — a condition characterized by an abnormal increase in the acidity of the blood and extracellular fluids
- adenosis — a minor glandular condition typified by swelling of the lymph glands
- adiposis — obesity or excessive fatness
- agenesis — (of an animal or plant) imperfect development
- akinesis — absence, loss, or impairment of the power of voluntary movement.
9 letter words ending with sis
- acariasis — infestation of the hair follicles and skin with acarids, esp mites
- aesthesis — sensation; feeling.
- alkalosis — an abnormal increase in the alkalinity of the blood and extracellular fluids
- amaurosis — blindness, esp when occurring without observable damage to the eye
- amebiasis — infestation with amoebas, esp. with a protozoan (Entamoeba histolytica) parasitic in the intestines or liver
10 letter words ending with sis
- acanthosis — (medicine) A benign abnormal thickening of the stratum spinosum, or prickle cell, layer of the epidermis.(First attested in the late 19th century.).
- acidolysis — decomposition resulting from the interaction of a compound and an acid.
- aerobiosis — life in the presence of oxygen
- amanuensis — a person employed to take dictation or to copy manuscripts
- amoebiasis — infection, esp of the intestines, caused by the parasitic amoeba Endamoeba histolytica
11 letter words ending with sis
- abiogenesis — the hypothetical process by which living organisms first arose on earth from nonliving matter
- adenomyosis — (medicine) A medical condition characterized by the presence of ectopic glandular tissue in the surrounding muscles, particularly of the endometrial tissue of the uterus in the myometrium, sometimes considered as a form of endometriosis.
- alcoholysis — chemical decomposition resulting from the interaction of a compound and an alcohol.
- ammonolysis — solvolysis in liquid ammonia
- amyloidosis — the deposition of amyloid in various tissues of the body, as occurs in certain chronic infections
12 letter words ending with sis
- acrocyanosis — cyanosis of the hands and feet due to poor circulation of the blood
- adiaphoresis — absence or reduction of perspiration.
- aeroneurosis — a functional disorder of aeroplane pilots characterized by anxiety and various psychosomatic disturbances, caused by insufficient oxygen at high altitudes and the emotional tension of flying
- agamogenesis — asexual reproduction, such as fission or parthenogenesis
- amelogenesis — the production of enamel by ameloblasts
13 letter words ending with sis
- actinomycosis — a fungal disease of cattle and of cats and dogs, sometimes transmitted to humans esp by bites, characterized by a swelling of the affected part, most often the jaw or lungs
- aganglionosis — (medicine) A medical condition involving absence of ganglia.
- amniocentesis — If a pregnant woman has an amniocentesis, fluid is removed from her womb in order to check that her unborn baby is not affected by certain genetic disorders.
- apocatastasis — the belief that all free creatures shall experience salvation
- apokatastasis — the state of being restored or reestablished; restitution.
14 letter words ending with sis
- acanthocytosis — a condition characterized by large numbers of acanthocytes in the blood.
- amphiarthrosis — a type of articulation permitting only slight movement, as between the vertebrae of the backbone
- anticyclolysis — the weakening or extinction of an anticyclone.
- arthrocentesis — The clinical procedure of using a syringe to collect synovial fluid from a joint capsule, used in the diagnosis of gout, arthritis, and synovial infections.
- arthrogryposis — (countable, pathology) The permanent fixation of a joint in a contracted position.
15 letter words ending with sis
- adenohypophysis — the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
- ancylostomiasis — infestation of the human intestine with blood-sucking hookworms, causing progressive anaemia
- ankylostomiasis — ancylostomiasis
- anthropogenesis — the study of the origins of man
16 letter words ending with sis
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- actinobacillosis — a disease of cattle and sheep, caused by infection with an Actinobacillus lignieresii and characterized by soft tissue lesions, esp of the tongue
- adiadochokinesis — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- anticyclogenesis — the intensification or development of an anticyclone.
- arteriosclerosis — Arteriosclerosis is a medical condition in which the walls of your arteries become hard and thick, so your blood cannot flow through them properly.
17 letter words ending with sis
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
- anthropomorphosis — transformation into human form
- bioelectrogenesis — the production of electricity by organisms.
- cryptosporidiosis — a disease caused by protozoan parasites of the genus Cryptosporidium, characterized by fever and gastrointestinal symptoms and typically spread via contaminated drinking water.
- hyper-peristalsis — the progressive wave of contraction and relaxation of a tubular muscular system, especially the alimentary canal, by which the contents are forced through the system.
18 letter words ending with sis
- bronchocandidiasis — See under candidiasis.
- coccidioidomycosis — a disease of the skin or viscera, esp the lungs, caused by infection with the fungus Coccidioides immitis
- counter-hypothesis — a proposition, or set of propositions, set forth as an explanation for the occurrence of some specified group of phenomena, either asserted merely as a provisional conjecture to guide investigation (working hypothesis) or accepted as highly probable in the light of established facts.
- osteoradionecrosis — bone tissue death induced by radiation.
- photomorphogenesis — plant development that is controlled by light.
19 letter words ending with sis
20 letter words ending with sis
21 letter words ending with sis
- immunoelectrophoresis — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
- mucopolysaccharidosis — Any of a group of metabolic disorders caused by the absence or malfunction of lysosomal enzymes needed to break down glycosaminoglycans.
- leukemic reticuloendotheliosis — hairy cell leukemia.
22 letter words ending with sis
- paracoccidioidomycosis — a chronic infection caused by the fungus Paracoccidioides brasiliensis, occurring in Mexico and in Central and South America, characterized by mouth and throat ulcers, weight loss, and lesions on the skin, intestines, and genitals.
45 letter words ending with sis
- pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis — an obscure term ostensibly referring to a lung disease caused by silica dust, sometimes cited as one of the longest words in the English language.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in SIS. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1337 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in SIS that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.