Words ending with se
2 letter words ending with se
- felo de se — a person who commits suicide or commits an unlawful malicious act resulting in his or her own death.
3 letter words ending with se
4 letter words ending with se
- apse — a domed or vaulted semicircular or polygonal recess, esp at the east end of a church
- arse — Your arse is your bottom.
- asse — Cape fox.
- base — The base of something is its lowest edge or part.
- bise — a cold dry northerly wind in Switzerland and the neighbouring parts of France and Italy, usually in the spring
5 letter words ending with se
- abase — to humble or belittle (oneself, etc)
- abuse — Abuse of someone is cruel and violent treatment of them.
- amuse — If something amuses you, it makes you want to laugh or smile.
- anise — Anise is a plant with seeds that have a strong smell and taste. It is often made into an alcoholic drink.
- arise — If a situation or problem arises, it begins to exist or people start to become aware of it.
6 letter words ending with se
- accuse — If you accuse someone of doing something wrong or dishonest, you say or tell them that you believe that they did it.
- advise — If you advise someone to do something, you tell them what you think they should do.
- ahmose — 1580–1557 b.c, founder of the New Kingdom of ancient Egypt.
- ahorse — on horseback
- aldose — a sugar that contains the aldehyde group or is a hemiacetal
7 letter words ending with se
8 letter words ending with se
- abstruse — You can describe something as abstruse if you find it difficult to understand, especially when you think it could be explained more simply.
- acarbose — a type of diabetes medicine taken orally to slow and reduce the supply of glucose to the blood.
- achenese — Atjehnese.
- achinese — Atjehnese.
- activise — to make active; activate.
9 letter words ending with se
- academese — pedantic, pretentious, and often confusing academic jargon: a presumably scholarly article written in incomprehensible academese.
- academise — to reduce (a subject) to a rigid set of rules, principles, precepts, etc.: futile attempts to academize the visual arts.
- actualise — to make actual or real; turn into action or fact.
- advertise — If someone or something advertises a particular quality, they show it in their appearance or behaviour.
- aeropause — the region of the upper atmosphere above which aircraft cannot fly
10 letter words ending with se
- aggrandise — to widen in scope; increase in size or intensity; enlarge; extend.
- aldohexose — any aldose containing six carbon atoms, such as glucose or mannose
- anastomose — to join (two parts of a blood vessel, etc) by anastomosis
- andamanese — Also, Andaman. Also called Andaman Islander. a member of a physically distinctive people that comprise the indigenous population of the Andaman Islands.
- andropause — the period, usually occurring between the ages of 45 and 55, during which a man's testosterone levels may fall, leading to a reduction in vigour and sexual drive
11 letter words ending with se
- accessorise — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acclimatise — Standard spelling of from=Non-Oxford British spelling.
- accoucheuse — a female obstetrician or midwife
- affranchise — to release from servitude or an obligation
- aldopentose — a monosaccharide with five carbon atoms
12 letter words ending with se
- anaesthetise — anesthetize.
- anorthoclase — a variety of microcline, rich in sodium and sometimes having a play of color: sometimes considered a variety of orthoclase.
- anticatalase — a substance that inhibits the enzymatic action of a catalase.
- apostrophise — to address by apostrophe.
- asparaginase — an enzyme used in treating leukaemia
13 letter words ending with se
- a-dolls-house — a play (1879) by Henrik Ibsen.
- anticlockwise — If something is moving anticlockwise, it is moving in the opposite direction to the direction in which the hands of a clock move.
- barrier-nurse — to tend (infectious patients) in isolation, to prevent the spread of infection
- boardinghouse — a private house in which accommodation and meals are provided for paying guests
- bouillabaisse — Bouillabaisse is a rich stew or soup of fish and vegetables.
14 letter words ending with se
- aminopeptidase — an enzyme produced by the glands of the small intestine
- chlorophyllase — an enzyme found in plants that decomposes chlorophyll by removing the phytol chain.
- cholinesterase — an enzyme that hydrolyses acetylcholine to choline and acetic acid
- clearing-house — a place or institution where mutual claims and accounts are settled, as between banks.
- disaccharidase — an enzyme that catalyzes the hydrolysis of disaccharides, as sucrose or lactose, to produce monosaccharides, as fructose or glucose.
15 letter words ending with se
- brights-disease — a disease characterized by albuminuria and heightened blood pressure.
- cheval-de-frise — a portable barrier of spikes, sword blades, etc, used to obstruct the passage of cavalry
- contraclockwise — Counterclockwise.
- counterpurchase — barter, especially of products or materials between international companies or importers and exporters.
- general-purpose — useful in many ways; not limited in use or function: a good general-purpose dictionary.
16 letter words ending with se
- aminotransferase — transaminase.
- anthropomorphise — Non-Oxford British standard spelling of anthropomorphize.
- bird-of-paradise — Also called bird-of-paradise flower. any of several plants of the genus Strelitzia, native to southern Africa, especially S. reginae, having a large, showy orange and blue inflorescence.
- carboxypeptidase — any of several digestive enzymes that catalyze the removal of an amino acid from the end of a peptide chain having a free carbonyl group.
- chagas---disease — an infectious disease caused by the protozoan Trypanosoma cruzi, occurring chiefly in tropical America and characterized by irregular fever, palpable lymph nodes, and often heart damage.
17 letter words ending with se
- betagalactosidase — any of a family of enzymes capable of liberating galactose from carbohydrates.
- call-and-response — a form of interaction between a speaker and one or more listeners, in which every utterance of the speaker elicits a verbal or non-verbal response from the listener or listeners
- dehydrochlorinase — an enzyme that catalyzes the removal of hydrogen and chlorine atoms or ions from chlorinated hydrocarbons.
- deoxyribonuclease — DNase.
- deprofessionalise — to remove from professional control, influence, manipulation, etc.
18 letter words ending with se
20 letter words ending with se
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
22 letter words ending with se
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in SE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4086 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in SE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.