Words ending with ry
3 letter words ending with ry
4 letter words ending with ry
- aery — lofty, insubstantial, or visionary
- airy — If a building or room is airy, it has a lot of fresh air inside, usually because it is large.
- atry — lying to under a trysail in heavy weather; trying.
- awry — If something goes awry, it does not happen in the way it was planned.
- bury — To bury something means to put it into a hole in the ground and cover it up with earth.
5 letter words ending with ry
6 letter words ending with ry
- almery — a cupboard built into a church wall used for storing sacred oils, church vessels, and other similar items
- ambary — a tropical Asian malvaceous plant, Hibiscus cannabinus, that yields a fibre similar to jute
- ambery — of, relating to or resembling amber
- anbury — a soft spongy tumour occurring in horses and oxen
- angary — the right of a belligerent state to use the property of a neutral state or to destroy it if necessary, subject to payment of full compensation to the owners
7 letter words ending with ry
- abhenry — the cgs unit of inductance in the electromagnetic system; the inductance that results when a rate of change of current of 1 abampere per second generates an induced emf of 1 abvolt: equivalent to 10–9 henry
- actuary — An actuary is a person who is employed by insurance companies to calculate how much they should charge their clients for insurance.
- agentry — the duty or activity of an agent
- air-dry — to dry by exposure to the air
- almonry — the house of an almoner, usually the place where alms were given
8 letter words ending with ry
- achilary — having no labellum or lip, or one that is undeveloped, as in the flower of certain orchids.
- additory — additional
- adultery — If a married person commits adultery, they have sex with someone that they are not married to.
- advisory — An advisory group regularly gives suggestions and help to people or organizations, especially about a particular subject or area of activity.
- aleatory — dependent on chance
9 letter words ending with ry
- abecedary — abecedarian.
- abortuary — a place where abortions are carried out
- accessary — accessory
- accessory — Accessories are items of equipment that are not usually essential, but which can be used with or added to something else in order to make it more efficient, useful, or decorative.
- acheilary — having no labellum or lip, or one that is undeveloped, as in the flower of certain orchids.
10 letter words ending with ry
- absolutory — giving absolution.
- accusatory — An accusatory look, remark, or tone of voice suggests blame or criticism.
- acidimetry — the determination of the amount of acid present in a solution, measured by an acidimeter or by volumetric analysis
- ad-hockery — reliance on temporary solutions rather than on consistent, long-term plans.
- admonitory — admonishing; warning
11 letter words ending with ry
- ablutionary — a cleansing with water or other liquid, especially as a religious ritual.
- acclamatory — a loud shout or other demonstration of welcome, goodwill, or approval.
- acquisitory — tending or seeking to acquire and own, often greedily; eager to get wealth, possessions, etc.: our acquisitive impulses; acquisitive societies.
- affirmatory — showing or giving confirmation, ratification, or assertion
- aggregatory — formed by the conjunction or collection of particulars into a whole mass or sum; total; combined: the aggregate amount of indebtedness.
12 letter words ending with ry
13 letter words ending with ry
- agro-industry — the large-scale production, processing, and packaging of food using modern equipment and methods.
- amplificatory — of the nature of enlargement or extension, as of a statement, narrative, etc.
- anthropolatry — the worship of a human as a god
- anthropometry — the comparative study of sizes and proportions of the human body
- anti-burglary — the felony of breaking into and entering the house of another at night with intent to steal, extended by statute to cover the breaking into and entering of any of various buildings, by night or day.
14 letter words ending with ry
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- antipsychiatry — an approach to mental disorders that makes use of concepts derived from existentialism, psychoanalysis, and sociological theory
- astrochemistry — the study of the chemistry of celestial bodies and space, esp by means of spectroscopy
- cash-and-carry — A cash-and-carry is a large shop where you can buy goods in larger quantities and at lower prices than in ordinary shops. Cash-and-carries are mainly used by people in business to buy goods for their shops or companies.
- christmasberry — toyon.
15 letter words ending with ry
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- astrophotometry — the measurement of the intensity of light of celestial objects.
- austria-hungary — the Dual Monarchy established in 1867, consisting of what are now Austria, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Croatia, and Bosnia-Herzegovina, and parts of Poland, Romania, Ukraine, and Italy. The empire was broken up after World War I
- biogeochemistry — the science of biological, chemical, and geological aspects of the environment
- cardiopulmonary — of, relating to, or affecting the heart and lungs
16 letter words ending with ry
17 letter words ending with ry
- anti-inflammatory — reducing inflammation
- anti-inflationary — of or relating to measures to counteract or combat inflation
- cardiorespiratory — of, relating to, or affecting the heart and respiratory system.
- circumlocutionary — a roundabout or indirect way of speaking; the use of more words than necessary to express an idea.
- court-of-chancery — chancery (def 4a).
18 letter words ending with ry
- anti-revolutionary — of, pertaining to, characterized by, or of the nature of a revolution, or a sudden, complete, or marked change: a revolutionary junta.
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- cross-disciplinary — linking two or more fields of study
19 letter words ending with ry
20 letter words ending with ry
21 letter words ending with ry
- counter-revolutionary — Counter-revolutionary activities are activities intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in RY. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3925 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in RY that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.