Words ending with rus
3 letter words ending with rus
- rus — Russia (international car registration)
4 letter words ending with rus
5 letter words ending with rus
- carus — (medicine) coma with complete insensibility; deep lethargy.
- cyrus — known as Cyrus the Great or Cyrus the Elder. died ?529 bc, king of Persia and founder of the Persian empire
- ecrus — very light brown in color, as raw silk, unbleached linen, etc.
- eurus — the east or southeast wind personified
- gurus — Plural form of guru.
6 letter words ending with rus
- acarus — any of the free-living mites of the widely distributed genus Acarus, several of which, esp A. siro, are serious pests of stored flour, grain, etc
- andrus — Andron.
- birrus — a hooded cloak of coarse wool, a common article of apparel in the later Roman Empire.
- byrrus — birrus.
- chorus — A chorus is a part of a song which is repeated after each verse.
7 letter words ending with rus
- -saurus — lizard
- anterus — Saint, pope a.d. 235–236.
- belarus — a republic in E Europe; part of the medieval Lithuanian and Polish empires before being occupied by Russia; a Soviet republic (1919–91); in 1997 formed a close political and economic union with Russia: mainly low-lying and forested. Languages: Belarussian; Russian. Religion: believers are mostly Christian. Currency: rouble. Capital: Minsk. Pop: 9 625 888 (2013 est). Area: 207 600 sq km (80 134 sq miles)
- bucyrus — a city in N central Ohio.
- churrus — hemp resin used as an intoxicating drug
8 letter words ending with rus
- anestrus — in the breeding cycle of many mammals, the period of sexual inactivity between two periods of estrus
- arcturus — the brightest star in the constellation Boötes: a red giant. Visual magnitude: –0.4; spectral type: K2III; distance: 37 light years
- assuerus — Ahasuerus.
- bosporus — strait between the Black Sea and the Sea of Marmara: c. 20 mi (32 km) long
- cerberus — a dog, usually represented as having three heads, that guarded the entrance to Hades
9 letter words ending with rus
- ahasuerus — a king of ancient Persia and husband of Esther, generally identified with Xerxes
- anoestrus — a period of sexual inactivity between two periods of oestrus in many mammals
- antivirus — a piece of software designed to prevent viruses entering a computer system or network
- arbovirus — any one of a group of viruses that cause such diseases as encephalitis and dengue and are transmitted to humans by arthropods, esp insects and ticks
- cantharus — a large two-handled pottery cup
10 letter words ending with rus
- adenovirus — any of a group of viruses that can cause upper respiratory diseases in man
- allosaurus — any of a genus (Allosaurus) of huge, carnivorous saurischian dinosaurs of the Jurassic and Cretaceous periods
- alphavirus — Any virus of the genus Alphavirus (family Togaviridae).
- amphimarus — a son of Poseidon, sometimes believed to be the father, by Urania, of the poet Linus.
- anti-virus — Anti-virus software is software that protects a computer against viruses.
11 letter words ending with rus
- apatosaurus — brontosaurus
- baculovirus — any of a family of viruses that attack insects and other arthropods, used as biological pesticides
- carpophorus — an epithet of both Demeter and her daughter, Persephone, meaning “fruit-bearer.”.
- cassiodorus — Flavius Magnus Aurelius (ˈfleɪvɪəs ˈmæɡnəs ɔːˈriːlɪəs). ?490–?585 ad, Roman statesman, writer, and monk; author of Variae, a collection of official documents written for the Ostrogoths
- ceteosaurus — a large dinosaur of the Jurassic period
12 letter words ending with rus
- ankylosaurus — a plant-eating dinosaur of the Cretaceous period that had a tail resembling a club and a body covering of thick scales
- antibarbarus — a list of words and sayings to be avoided in the classical usage of a language
- brontosaurus — any very large herbivorous quadrupedal dinosaur of the genus Apatosaurus, common in North America during Jurassic times, having a long neck and long tail: suborder Sauropoda (sauropods)
- cumulocirrus — a cloud that shares charracteristics of cumulus and cirrus clouds
- diphosphorus — (chemistry, in combination) two atoms of phosphorus in a compound.
13 letter words ending with rus
- albertosaurus — A giant fierce carnivorous tyrannosaurus-like dinosaur, of gemus Albertosaurus, discovered in Alberta, Canada.
- brachiosaurus — a dinosaur of the genus Brachiosaurus, up to 30 metres long: the largest land animal ever known
- dolichosaurus — any of various extinct Cretaceous aquatic reptiles that had long necks and bodies and well-developed limbs
- electrophorus — A device for repeatedly generating static electricity by induction.
- ichthyosaurus — ichthyosaur.
14 letter words ending with rus
- coxsackievirus — any of a group of enteroviruses that cause several diseases, as viral meningitis
- giganotosaurus — Any of several very large, carnivorous dinosaurs of the subfamily Giganotosaurinae, from the Cretaceous period.
- orthomyxovirus — Any RNA virus of Orthomyxoviridae family characterised by having two long glycoprotein spikes.
- papillomavirus — any of several viruses of the family Papovaviridae, containing circular DNA, causing papillomas in various animals and responsible for human genital warts.
- human papillomavirus — any of a group of papillomaviruses causing cutaneous warts and lesions of the oral, anal, and genital mucous membranes in human beings
15 letter words ending with rus
16 letter words ending with rus
- organophosphorus — Denoting synthetic organic compounds containing phosphorus, especially pesticides and nerve gases of this kind.
23 letter words ending with rus
- micropachycephalosaurus — A very small pachycephalosaurid, ornithischian dinosaur of the genus Micropachycephalosaurus.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in RUS. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 214 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in RUS that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.