Words ending with rone
4 letter words ending with rone
- rone — a drainpipe or gutter for carrying rainwater from a roof
5 letter words ending with rone
- crone — A crone is an ugly old woman.
- drone — Music. a continuous low tone produced by the bass pipes or bass strings of musical instruments. the pipes (especially of the bagpipe) or strings producing this tone. a bagpipe equipped with such pipes.
- grone — Obsolete spelling of groan.
- irone — a colorless liquid of isomeric, unsaturated ketones, C 14 H 22 O, obtained from orris root: used in perfumery for its odor of violets.
- krone — a cupronickel coin and monetary unit of Denmark, equal to 100 öre. Abbreviation: Kr., kr.
6 letter words ending with rone
- -prone — liable or disposed to suffer
- marone — Archaic form of maroon (the colour).
- morone — (archaic) maroon colour.
- pyrone — either of two heterocyclic ketones having the formula C 5 H 4 O 2 .
- throne — the chair or seat occupied by a sovereign, bishop, or other exalted personage on ceremonial occasions, usually raised on a dais and covered with a canopy.
7 letter words ending with rone
- amarone — a strong dry red Italian wine
- estrone — An estrogen similar to but less potent than estradiol.
- ladrone — a thief.
- madrone — any of several evergreen trees belonging to the genus Arbutus, of the heath family, especially A. menziesii (Pacific madrone) of western North America, having red, flaky bark and bearing edible reddish berries.
- mavrone — An expression of sorrow; alas.
8 letter words ending with rone
- aleurone — finely granulated protein present in seeds generally and forming the outer layer of cereal seeds
- cicerone — a person who conducts and informs sightseers; a tour guide
- cumarone — a colourless insoluble aromatic liquid obtained from coal tar and used in the manufacture of synthetic resins. Formula: C 8H 6O
- dethrone — If a king, queen, or other powerful person is dethroned, they are removed from their position of power.
- enthrone — Install (a monarch) on a throne, especially during a ceremony to mark the beginning of their rule.
9 letter words ending with rone
- chaperone — A chaperone is someone who accompanies another person somewhere in order to make sure that they do not come to any harm.
- coumarone — a colorless liquid, C8H6O, derived from coal tar and combined with indene to produce synthetic resins used in paints, adhesives, etc.
- disthrone — (obsolete, transitive) To dethrone; to remove from the throne.
- gittarone — an acoustic bass guitar
- isochrone — a line, as on a map, connecting all points having some property simultaneously, as in having the same delay in receiving a radio signal from a given source or requiring the same time to be reached by available transportation from a given center.
10 letter words ending with rone
- amiodarone — a substance, C 25 H 29 I 2 NO 3 , used in the treatment of heart arrhythmias.
- chitarrone — a large lute with a double neck in common use during the baroque period, esp in Italy
- microdrone — a small remote-controlled unmanned flying object
- minestrone — a thick vegetable soup, often containing herbs, beans, bits of pasta, etc., and served with Parmesan cheese.
11 letter words ending with rone
- aldosterone — the principal mineralocorticoid secreted by the adrenal cortex. A synthesized form is used in the treatment of Addison's disease. Formula: C21H27O5
- cyproterone — an antiandrogen drug that suppresses testosterone in the body
- disenthrone — to dethrone.
- quinhydrone — a dark green, crystalline, slightly water-soluble solid, C 1 2 H 1 0 O 4 , used in solution, together with a platinum wire, as an electrode (quinhy·drone elec·trode)
- re-enthrone — to enthrone (a king, queen, etc) again
12 letter words ending with rone
- androsterone — an androgenic steroid hormone produced in the testes. Formula: C19H30O2
- injury-prone — often sustaining injuries
- progesterone — Biochemistry. a hormone, C 2 1 H 3 0 O 2 , that prepares the uterus for the fertilized ovum and maintains pregnancy.
- testosterone — Biochemistry. the sex hormone, C 19 H 28 O 2 , secreted by the testes, that stimulates the development of male sex organs, secondary sexual traits, and sperm.
13 letter words ending with rone
- norethindrone — an orally active progestin, C 2 0 H 2 6 O 2 , used as a progesterone, especially as an oral contraceptive in combination with an estrogen.
14 letter words ending with rone
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- corticosterone — a glucocorticoid hormone secreted by the adrenal cortex. Formula: C21H30O4
- enterogastrone — a hormone liberated by the upper intestinal mucosa when stimulated by fat: reduces peristalsis and secretion in the stomach
- norethisterone — 19-nor-17\u03b1-ethynyltestosterone, a progestogen used in some combined oral contraceptives.
15 letter words ending with rone
16 letter words ending with rone
- dependency-prone — tending to become psychologically or physiologically dependent on a drug.
18 letter words ending with rone
- methyltestosterone — a synthetic androgenic steroid drug, C 2 0 H 3 0 O 2 , used for its anabolic properties in males in the treatment of hypogonadism and other androgen-deficiency disease states, and in females in the treatment of breast cancer.
19 letter words ending with rone
- deoxycorticosterone — a corticosteroid hormone important in maintaining sodium and water balance in the body
- dihydrotestosterone — (steroid) An androgenic metabolite of testosterone; used to treat certain breast cancers.
- medroxyprogesterone — a progesterone derivative, C 2 4 H 3 4 O 4 , used in the treatment of abnormal uterine bleeding and secondary amenorrhea, as a contraceptive of long duration, and in the treatment of certain cancers.
22 letter words ending with rone
- dehydroepiandrosterone — the most abundant steroid in the human body, that is involved in the manufacture of testosterone, oestrogen, progesterone, and corticosterone
On this page, we collect all words that ending in RONE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 69 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in RONE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.