Words ending with rn
2 letter words ending with rn
- rn — RN is a written abbreviation for Royal Navy, the navy of the United Kingdom. It is written after someone's name to show that they are an officer of the Royal Navy.
3 letter words ending with rn
4 letter words ending with rn
- barn — A barn is a building on a farm in which crops or animal food can be kept.
- bern — the capital of Switzerland, in the W part, on the Aar River: entered the Swiss confederation in 1353 and became the capital in 1848. Pop: 122 700 (2002 est)
- born — When a baby is born, it comes out of its mother's body at the beginning of its life. In formal English, if you say that someone is born of someone or to someone, you mean that person is their parent.
- burn — If there is a fire or a flame somewhere, you say that there is a fire or flame burning there.
- carn — cairn.
5 letter words ending with rn
- -born — -born combines with adjectives that relate to countries or with the names of towns and areas to form adjectives that indicate where someone was born.
- aborn — Born, begotten, created, developed.
- aburn — Burning.
- acorn — An acorn is a pale oval nut that is the fruit of an oak tree.
- adorn — If something adorns a place or an object, it makes it look more beautiful.
6 letter words ending with rn
7 letter words ending with rn
- adjourn — If a meeting or trial is adjourned or if it adjourns, it is stopped for a short time.
- alphorn — a wind instrument used in the Swiss Alps, consisting of a very long tube of wood or bark with a cornet-like mouthpiece
- althorn — a valved brass musical instrument belonging to the saxhorn or flügelhorn families
- bethorn — to cover with thorns
- bighorn — a large wild sheep, Ovis canadensis, inhabiting mountainous regions in North America and NE Asia: family Bovidae, order Artiodactyla. The male has massive curved horns, and the species is well adapted for climbing and leaping
8 letter words ending with rn
9 letter words ending with rn
- alpenhorn — a long, powerful horn of wood or bark, with a cupped mouthpiece and a curved bell at opposite ends, used by Swiss herders and mountaineers.
- anti-porn — Sometimes, porno [pawr-noh] /ˈpɔr noʊ/ (Show IPA). pornography; sexually explicit videos, photographs, writings, or the like, produced to elicit sexual arousal (often used attributively): arrested for selling porn; a porn star; porn films.
- apeldoorn — a town in the Netherlands, in central Gelderland province: nearby is the summer residence of the Dutch royal family. Pop: 156 000 (2003 est)
- ayckbourn — Sir Alan. born 1939, English dramatist. His plays include Absurd Person Singular (1973), the trilogy The Norman Conquests (1974), A Chorus of Disapproval (1985), House and Garden (2000), and Private Fears in Public Places (2004)
- blackburn — a city in NW England, in Blackburn with Darwen unitary authority, Lancashire: formerly important for textiles, now has mixed industries. Pop: 105 085 (2001)
10 letter words ending with rn
- about-turn — An about-turn is the same as an about-face.
- antimodern — opposed to modern attitudes
- barleycorn — a grain of barley, or barley itself
- blackthorn — a thorny Eurasian rosaceous shrub, Prunus spinosa, with black twigs, white flowers, and small sour plumlike fruits
- first-born — first in the order of birth; eldest.
11 letter words ending with rn
- ampere-turn — a unit of magnetomotive force; the magnetomotive force produced by a current of 1 ampere passing through one complete turn of a coil. 1 ampere-turn is equivalent to 4π/10 or 1.257 gilberts
- antipattern — (software engineering) A design pattern that may be commonly used but is ineffective and/or counterproductive in practice.
- bannockburn — a village in central Scotland, south of Stirling: nearby is the site of a victory (1314) of the Scots, led by Robert the Bruce, over the English. Pop: 7396 (2001)
- counterturn — a turn in an opposing or contrary direction.
- fletschhorn — a mountain in S Switzerland, in the Pennine Alps. 13,110 feet (3999 meters).
12 letter words ending with rn
- counter-turn — (in figure skating) a one-foot turn
- country-born — born in the country
- foreign-born — born in a country other than that in which one resides.
- gjallar-horn — Heimdall's horn, used to warn the gods of Ragnarok.
- hohenzollern — a member of the royal family that ruled in Romania from 1866 to 1947, in Prussia from 1701 to 1918, and in the German Empire from 1871 to 1918.
13 letter words ending with rn
- half-quartern — a loaf having a weight, when baked, of 800 g
- north-eastern — North-eastern means in or from the north-east of a region or country.
- north-western — North-western means in or from the north-west of a region or country.
- south-eastern — South-eastern means in or from the south-east of a region or country.
- south-western — South-western means in or from the south-west of a region or country.
14 letter words ending with rn
- christ's-thorn — any of certain Old World thorny shrubs or small trees supposed to have been used for Christ's crown of thorns, as the Jerusalem thorn, Paliurus spina-christi, or the jujube, Ziziphus jujuba.
- finsteraarhorn — a mountain in S central Switzerland: highest peak of the Bernese Alps, 14,026 feet (4275 meters).
- kaiserslautern — a city in S Rhineland-Palatinate, in SW Germany.
- slash-and-burn — of a method of agriculture used in the tropics, in which forest vegetation is felled and burned, the land is cropped for a few years, then the forest is allowed to reinvade.
15 letter words ending with rn
- adamawa-eastern — a branch of the Niger-Congo family of languages, centered in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, and the Central African Republic, including Sango and Zande.
- jack-o'-lantern — a hollowed pumpkin with openings cut to represent human eyes, nose, and mouth and in which a candle or other light may be placed, traditionally made for display at Halloween.
18 letter words ending with rn
- aristotles-lantern — a complex arrangement of muscles and calcareous teeth and plates forming an eversible organ in most echinoids, functioning in mastication.
19 letter words ending with rn
- country-and-western — country music.
22 letter words ending with rn
- mecklenburg-vorpommern — German name of Mecklenburg–Western Pomerania.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in RN. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 765 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in RN that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.