Words ending with rd
2 letter words ending with rd
- rd — Rd is a written abbreviation for road. It is used especially in addresses and on maps or signs.
3 letter words ending with rd
4 letter words ending with rd
- bard — People sometimes refer to William Shakespeare as the Bard.
- bird — A bird is a creature with feathers and wings. Female birds lay eggs. Most birds can fly.
- burd — a young lady; maiden.
- byrd — Richard Evelyn. 1888–1957, US rear admiral, aviator, and polar explorer
- card — A card is a piece of stiff paper or thin cardboard on which something is written or printed.
5 letter words ending with rd
- award — An award is a prize or certificate that a person is given for doing something well.
- baird — John Logie (ˈləʊɡɪ). 1888–1946, Scottish engineer: inventor of a 240-line mechanically scanned system of television, replaced in 1935 by a 405-line electrically scanned system
- beard — A man's beard is the hair that grows on his chin and cheeks.
- board — A board is a flat, thin, rectangular piece of wood or plastic which is used for a particular purpose.
- caird — a travelling tinker; vagrant
6 letter words ending with rd
- aboard — If you are aboard a ship or plane, you are on it or in it.
- absurd — If you say that something is absurd, you are criticizing it because you think that it is ridiculous or that it does not make sense.
- accord — An accord between countries or groups of people is a formal agreement, for example to end a war.
- afeard — frightened; afraid
- afford — If you cannot afford something, you do not have enough money to pay for it.
7 letter words ending with rd
- abelard — Peter. French name Pierre Abélard. 1079–1142, French scholastic philosopher and theologian whose works include Historia Calamitatum and Sic et Non (1121). His love for Héloïse is recorded in their correspondence
- aleyard — yard-of-ale.
- antbird — any of various dull-coloured South American passerine birds of the family Formicariidae, such as Hylophylax naevioides (spotted ant bird), that typically feed on ants
- ashford — a market town in SE England, in central Kent. Pop: 58 936 (2001)
- awkward — An awkward situation is embarrassing and difficult to deal with.
8 letter words ending with rd
- abailard — Pierre [pyer] /pyɛr/ (Show IPA), Abélard.
- airboard — an inflatable board resembling a bodyboard that is used in the sport of airboarding
- armguard — a band of leather or other material worn about the wrist or lower part of the arm for protection and support.
- backward — A backward movement or look is in the direction that your back is facing. Some people use backwards for this meaning.
- backword — the act or an instance of failing to keep a promise or commitment (esp in the phrase give (someone) backword)
9 letter words ending with rd
- afterward — If you do something or if something happens afterward, you do it or it happens after a particular event or time that has already been mentioned.
- afterword — An afterword is a short essay at the end of a book, usually written by the author.
- backboard — In basketball, the backboard is the flat board above each of the baskets.
- backsword — a person who uses the backsword
- barnboard — barnwood.
10 letter words ending with rd
- abbotsford — estate (1812-32) of Sir Walter Scott, on the Tweed in SE Scotland
- aboveboard — An arrangement or deal that is aboveboard is legal and is being carried out openly and honestly. A person who is aboveboard is open and honest about what they are doing.
- afterguard — a sailor or group of sailors stationed on the poop to attend to the aft sails
- astarboard — to or from the starboard side
- bargeboard — a board, often decorated with carved ornaments, placed along the gable end of a roof
11 letter words ending with rd
- apostlebird — an omnivorous bird, Struthidea cinerea, of eastern Australia, that has chiefly dark gray-brown plumage with white tail markings and is noted for its habit of traveling in groups of about 12 related individuals.
- baudrillard — Jean. 1929–2007, French sociologist and theorist of postmodernism; his books include Seduction (1979), America (1986), and The Spirit of Terrorism (2002)
- beaverboard — a stiff light board of compressed wood fibre, used esp to surface partitions
- benderboard — pliable, lightweight board used for making concrete patios, in gardens, and as woven fencing: often 4 to 6 inches (10 to 15 cm) wide and 1/4 to 1/2 inch (0.6 to 1.2 cm) thick and made from California redwood.
- bridgeboard — a board on both sides of a staircase that is cut to support the treads and risers
12 letter words ending with rd
- bog-standard — If you describe something as bog-standard you mean that is an ordinary example of its kind, with no exciting or interesting features.
- cape-froward — Cape, a cape in S Chile, on the Strait of Magellan: southernmost point of mainland South America.
- carryforward — carry-over.
- checkerboard — A checkerboard is a square board with 64 black and white squares that is used for playing checkers or chess.
- chequerboard — Alternative spelling of checkerboard.
13 letter words ending with rd
- aaron's-beard — rose of Sharon (def 2).
- cotes-du-nord — a department in NW France. 2787 sq. mi. (7220 sq. km). Capital: Saint-Brieuc.
- daughterboard — a small circuit board that can be attached to the motherboard of a computer
- flash-forward — a device in the narrative of a motion picture, novel, etc., by which a future event or scene is inserted into the chronological structure of the work.
- hawk-s--beard — any of various plants of the genus Crepis, of the daisy family, resembling the dandelion but having a branched stem with several flowers.
14 letter words ending with rd
- centre-forward — A centre-forward in a team sport such as football or hockey is the player or position in the middle of the front row of attacking players.
- containerboard — a form of paperboard, either corrugated or solid, that is used to make containers
- off-the-record — not for publication; not to be quoted: a candidate's off-the-record remarks to reporters.
15 letter words ending with rd
- cloak-and-sword — (of a drama or work of fiction) dealing with characters who wear cloaks and swords; concerned with the customs and romance of the nobility in bygone times.
- fashion-forward — relating to, anticipating, or reflecting the most up-to-date fashion trends
- jupiter's-beard — red valerian.
- old-man's-beard — fringe tree.
16 letter words ending with rd
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- inboard-outboard — Also, outdrive, stern-drive. (of a motorboat) having an inboard engine connected to a maneuverable outboard drive-shaft unit.
- nusslein-volhard — Christiane [kris-tee-ah-nuh,, kris-tyah-] /ˌkrɪs tiˈɑ nə,, krɪsˈtyɑ-/ (Show IPA), born 1942, German biologist: Nobel prize 1995.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in RD. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1967 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in RD that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.