Words ending with r
3 letter words ending with r
4 letter words ending with r
- acer — any tree or shrub of the genus Acer, often cultivated for their brightly coloured foliage
- adar — (in the Jewish calendar) the twelfth month of the year according to biblical reckoning and the sixth month of the civil year, usually falling within February and March. In a leap year, an additional month Adar Rishon (first Adar) is intercalated between Shevat and Adar, and the latter is known as Adar Sheni (second Adar)
- afar — Afar means a long way away.
- agar — a complex gelatinous carbohydrate obtained from seaweeds, esp those of the genus Gelidium, used as a culture medium for bacteria, a laxative, in food such as ice cream as a thickening agent (E406), etc
- ager — anything that produces the effects of age on another thing
5 letter words ending with r
- abhor — If you abhor something, you hate it very much, especially for moral reasons.
- abler — having necessary power, skill, resources, or qualifications; qualified: able to lift a two-hundred-pound weight; able to write music; able to travel widely; able to vote.
- abner — a masculine name
- acker — a pimple
- actor — An actor is someone whose job is acting in plays or films. 'Actor' in the singular usually refers to a man, but some women who act prefer to be called 'actors' rather than 'actresses'.
6 letter words ending with r
7 letter words ending with r
- abetter — a person who abets.
- abettor — a person who abets.
- ablator — the heat shield of a space vehicle, which melts or wears away during re-entry into the earth's atmosphere
- aboukir — a village of N Egypt, in the Nile River delta: Battle of the Nile near here (1798).
- abraser — a machine for testing the abrasion resistance of a material.
8 letter words ending with r
- abattoir — An abattoir is a place where animals are killed in order to provide meat.
- abductor — any muscle that abducts (opposed to adductor).
- abhorrer — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- abiathar — a priest of Israel and a companion of David. I Sam. 22:20; II Sam. 15:24–36.
- absolver — to free from guilt or blame or their consequences: The court absolved her of guilt in his death.
9 letter words ending with r
- abandoner — a person or thing that abandons
- abat-jour — a device, as a skylight or reflector, for diverting light into a building.
- abdicator — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- abrogator — to abolish by formal or official means; annul by an authoritative act; repeal: to abrogate a law.
- absconder — to depart in a sudden and secret manner, especially to avoid capture and legal prosecution: The cashier absconded with the money.
10 letter words ending with r
- abdelkader — ?1807–83, Algerian nationalist, who resisted the French invasion of Algeria and established (1837) an independent state. He surrendered to the French in 1847
- accoucheur — a male obstetrician or midwife
- acetimeter — acetometer
- acetometer — a device for measuring the concentration of acetic acid in a solution, esp in vinegar
- acidimeter — any instrument or standard solution for determining the amount of acid in a sample solution
11 letter words ending with r
- abbreviator — to shorten (a word or phrase) by omitting letters, substituting shorter forms, etc., so that the shortened form can represent the whole word or phrase, as ft. for foot, ab. for about, R.I. for Rhode Island, NW for Northwest, or Xn for Christian.
- accelerator — The accelerator in a car or other vehicle is the pedal which you press with your foot in order to make the vehicle go faster.
- accentuator — Electronics. a circuit or network inserted to provide less loss or greater gain to certain frequencies in an audio spectrum, as a preemphasis spectrum.
- accumulator — a rechargeable device for storing electrical energy in the form of chemical energy, consisting of one or more separate secondary cells
- acetobacter — any of several ellipsoidal or rodshaped aerobic bacteria of the genus Acetobacter, certain species of which are used in making vinegar.
12 letter words ending with r
- abd-el-kadir — 1807?–83, Algerian leader.
- abdul-jabbar — Kareem [kuh-reem] /kəˈrim/ (Show IPA), (Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Jr) born 1947, U.S. basketball player.
- accommodator — a person or thing that accommodates
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- acknowledger — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
13 letter words ending with r
- accelerometer — an instrument for measuring acceleration, esp of an aircraft or rocket
- achromobacter — any of several rod-shaped bacteria of the genus Achromobacter, found in soil and water.
- acinetobacter — a bacterium that causes infections such as pneumonia, particularly in people who have a compromised immune system
- actor-manager — a leading actor who produces and usually stars in his or her own productions: Sir Henry Irving was one of the first actor-managers.
- administrator — An administrator is a person whose job involves helping to organize and supervise the way that an organization or institution functions.
14 letter words ending with r
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- adrenoreceptor — a receptor that binds with epinephrine, norepinephrine, or related compounds.
- alain-fournier — real name Henri-Alban Fournier. 1886–1914, French novelist; author of Le Grand Meaulnes (1913; translated as The Lost Domain, 1959)
- alpha-receptor — a site on a cell that, upon interaction with epinephrine or norepinephrine, controls vasoconstriction, intestinal relaxation, pupil dilation, and other physiological processes.
- anesthesimeter — a device for measuring the amount of anesthetic given by inhalation.
15 letter words ending with r
- anteroposterior — Relating to or directed toward both front and back.
- anti-globalizer — a political activist who challenges the concept of globalization and promotes practices that do not cause environmental damage
- autotransformer — a transformer in which part of the winding is common to both primary and secondary circuits
16 letter words ending with r
17 letter words ending with r
19 letter words ending with r
- auriculoventricular — atrioventricular.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in letter R. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 22962 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in R that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.