Words ending with py
2 letter words ending with py
- py — (networking) The country code for Paraguay.
3 letter words ending with py
- apy — APY is the annual rate of return on an investment.
- spy — a person employed by a government to obtain secret information or intelligence about another, usually hostile, country, especially with reference to military or naval affairs.
- labor spy — an employee who is used by management to spy on union activities.
- northern spy — an American variety of red-striped apple that ripens in autumn or early winter.
4 letter words ending with py
- -opy — -opia
- copy — If you make a copy of something, you produce something that looks like the original thing.
- dopy — stupid; inane: It was rather dopey of him to lock himself out.
- espy — Catch sight of.
- gapy — Veterinary Pathology. a parasitic disease of poultry and other birds, characterized by frequent gaping due to infestation of the trachea and bronchi with gapeworms.
5 letter words ending with py
- atopy — a hereditary tendency to be hypersensitive to certain allergens
- bippy — an unspecified part of the anatomy (usually used in the phrase You bet your (sweet) bippy).
- bumpy — A bumpy road or path has a lot of bumps on it.
- buppy — a young, upwardly mobile black professional.
- burpy — belching, tending to belch, or feeling like belching: Carbonated beverages make me burpy.
6 letter words ending with py
- -happy — denoting excessive enthusiasm for or devotion to
- -scopy — indicating a viewing or observation
- -tropy — -tropism
- canopy — A canopy is a decorated cover, often made of cloth, which is placed above something such as a bed or a seat.
- champy — (of earth) churned up by the feet or hooves of animals
7 letter words ending with py
- antispy — Countering or opposing spies; antiespionage.
- cacoepy — bad or mistaken pronunciation
- ectropy — (thermodynamics) The overall increase in the organization of a system.
- entropy — A thermodynamic quantity representing the unavailability of a system's thermal energy for conversion into mechanical work, often interpreted as the degree of disorder or randomness in the system.
- eutropy — a regular variation of the crystalline structure of a series of compounds according to atomic number
8 letter words ending with py
- allotypy — the condition of being an allotype
- amblyopy — Dated form of amblyopia.
- anatropy — (of a plant ovule) the condition of being inverted during development by a bending of the stalk causing the nucleus to point toward the base
- apocarpy — the quality of being apocarpous
- autotypy — (dated, photography) An early photographic process that produced autotypes using a carbon pigment.
9 letter words ending with py
- allocarpy — the production of fruit through cross-fertilization
- allotropy — the existence of an element in two or more physical forms. The most common elements having this property are carbon, sulphur, and phosphorus
- auriscopy — (medicine) Examination of the ear using an auriscope.
- autoscopy — the experience of hallucination in which one sees oneself from outside one's own body
- azeotropy — the existence of azeotropes
10 letter words ending with py
- aeolotropy — the state of substances that do not exhibit the same electrical, optical, or other physical qualities in all directions
- amnioscopy — Examination of a foetus and the amniotic fluid in the lowest part of the amniotic sac using an amnioscope introduced through the cervical canal.
- anisotropy — Physics. of unequal physical properties along different axes. Compare isotropic (def 1).
- apitherapy — the medicinal use of honey or other bee products
- biotherapy — the treatment of disease by means of substances, as serums, vaccines, penicillin, etc., secreted by or derived from living organisms
11 letter words ending with py
- arthroscopy — the use of an arthroscope to diagnose an injury to or disease of a joint or to perform minor surgery on a joint.
- bumblepuppy — a game of whist played carelessly or contrary to rules and conventions.
- carbon-copy — a duplicate of anything written or typed, made by using a photocopier or, formerly, by using carbon paper. Abbreviation: cc. a copy of an email or other electronic document that is sent to one or more people in addition to the primary addressee. Abbreviation: cc.
- chiasmatypy — the process of chiasma formation, which is the basis for crossing over.
- coelioscopy — a medical procedure for examining the abdomen
12 letter words ending with py
- aromatherapy — Aromatherapy is a type of treatment which involves massaging the body with special fragrant oils.
- bronchoscopy — an examination by means of a bronchoscope.
- bumble-puppy — a game in which a ball, attached by string to a post, is hit so that the string winds round the post
- chemotherapy — Chemotherapy is the treatment of disease using chemicals. It is often used in treating cancer.
- crymotherapy — cryotherapy.
13 letter words ending with py
- actinotherapy — radiotherapy, especially using ultraviolet rays.
- anthroposcopy — physiognomy (def 2).
- bacterioscopy — the examination of bacteria with a microscope.
- balneotherapy — the treatment of disease by bathing, esp to improve limb mobility in arthritic and neuromuscular disorders
- bibliotherapy — the use of reading as therapy
14 letter words ending with py
- astigmatoscopy — examination by means of an astigmatoscope.
- electrotherapy — The use of electric currents passed through the body to stimulate nerves and muscles, chiefly in the treatment of various forms of paralysis.
- galvanotherapy — treatment employing electric current.
- mechanotherapy — curative treatment by mechanical means.
- metallotherapy — therapy by the use of metals or their salts.
15 letter words ending with py
- autostereoscopy — The display of stereoscopic images without the use of special viewing equipment.
- mediastinoscopy — (medicine) A procedure for examining the inside of the mediastinum and the organs it encloses through a small incision, using an endoscope. This is a surgical procedure normally done under general anesthesia.
- pharmacotherapy — the treatment of disease through the administration of drugs.
- pneumatotherapy — the use of compressed or rarefied air in treating disease.
- thalassotherapy — the use of sea water and marine products as a therapeutic treatment
16 letter words ending with py
- roentgenotherapy — treatment of disease by means of x-rays.
17 letter words ending with py
- chemoradiotherapy — (medicine) A combination of chemotherapy and radiotherapy used to treat some cancers.
- implosive-therapy — a form of behavior therapy involving intensive recollection and review of anxiety-producing situations or events in a patient's life in an attempt to develop more appropriate responses to similar situations in the future.
19 letter words ending with py
- proctosigmoidoscopy — sigmoidoscopy.
21 letter words ending with py
- psychopharmacotherapy — the use of psychoactive drugs in the symptomatic treatment or control of mental disorders or psychiatric disease.
26 letter words ending with py
- esophagogastroduodenoscopy — (medicine) upper gastrointestinal endoscopy.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in PY. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 516 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in PY that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.